Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Feb 22 2012, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoreneC View Post
I decided keeping crops ready was a pain too so I am getting rid of my quest crops. Plus I may have used one but did not have the other required crop planted so it didn't work out for me. I would rather just start forms scratch too.
I have my quest farm (farm 3) set up into a grid system, and have enough 2x2 layered grid boxes to keep every crops with 1+ day harvest time going, plus room to keep all of the 3 & 4 day crops started 1/2 through the growing time of the first set. I find it adds an additional challenge to my game play to keep up with the crops.

It's nice since it keeps me stocked up on everything for normal production as well, and I can save my production farms for the items I have the least amount in storage.

---Jerry

Farmtown: Where everyone can play the way they want to play, and still enjoy a great game together!

My Quest Plot Farm
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...1897&farm_ix=2
Old Feb 22 2012, 11:01 AM

The quests are to do or not, they are really a bonus to farming. So far I have been lucky, although I have had alot of short quests. I do have a quest farm and have thought of getting rid of it but I like the look of it and its a challenge to me know to keep the crops all going. As for the buying the FC that's fB not FT. FT has no control over it. Facebook has affected all the games on FC with its credits and made it difficult to buy the amount you want. so you need to complain to them about it not FT. So Basically do the quests you can, enjoy them and enjoy farming. Still the best game going. Thanks for the great game. But a ignore button would be good idea.
Old Feb 22 2012, 01:28 PM

one of my neighbors did a test..the didn't have the flower shop to do a quest..so they went and worked another neighbors and got what they needed to finish the quest..so you don't always have to have the facility to finish a quest..just sayin...
Old Feb 22 2012, 02:23 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbara nixon View Post
one of my neighbors did a test..the didn't have the flower shop to do a quest..so they went and worked another neighbors and got what they needed to finish the quest..so you don't always have to have the facility to finish a quest..just sayin...
They must have used an employee lifeline to work in the neighbors factory or they just got lucky and found a glitch at that time.
Old Feb 23 2012, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bapollison View Post
I would like to see the option to opt out of a quest, if you don't want to do it if you don't have the facilities so you can get another one to do. So far I have enjoyed doing them and have received much coin.
I too would like the option to opt out of a Quest..

I am not a forum Moderator, but happy to assist when I can

Toffee Farm

Old Feb 23 2012, 08:12 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by bapollison View Post
I would like to see the option to opt out of a quest, if you don't want to do it if you don't have the facilities so you can get another one to do. So far I have enjoyed doing them and have received much coin.
If they had an opt out button the next quest that you get doesn't mean it would be one that you would want to do or had the facility to do, and they couldn't have it to where you could keep opting out of quests, otherwise everyone would just keep opting out until they got a big quest, that is why if you don't want to do a quest or don't have the facility for the last step you just have to let the quest expire. I have 1 right now that still has just over a day to expire that I don't have the factory for and don't want the factory, so I am just ignoring it and doing other quests that come up.
Old Feb 23 2012, 09:04 AM

if the mayor 'creates a quest for you' (i've seen the line on my screen', why isn't he smart enough to create quests that make use of stuff that i have, or can get easily? ok, caveat emptor is applicable, but why should i have to buy a tool, facility or service facility to complete a quest???? the quest i clicked on -- the only one i could click on, might i add -- involved loading a facility with Chinese noodles; what it DIDN'T tell me was that the 'facility' in question was the 'Chinese buffet', which i don't have, and i'm not about to buy... why can't the quests be based on stuff we already have????

"Do, or do not; there is no try." (Yoda)

A house is not a home without a cat.
Old Feb 23 2012, 11:45 AM

I'm done with quests - the last 3 out of 4 have been for facilities that I don't own and I own ALOT of facilities.....this is not random - it is a marketing ploy to get us to spend money.
Old Feb 23 2012, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertrucker View Post
if the mayor 'creates a quest for you' (i've seen the line on my screen', why isn't he smart enough to create quests that make use of stuff that i have, or can get easily? ok, caveat emptor is applicable, but why should i have to buy a tool, facility or service facility to complete a quest???? the quest i clicked on -- the only one i could click on, might i add -- involved loading a facility with Chinese noodles; what it DIDN'T tell me was that the 'facility' in question was the 'Chinese buffet', which i don't have, and i'm not about to buy... why can't the quests be based on stuff we already have????
Because a lot of people are buying the facilities so they can do the quests.... and it's a way for the devs to "market" the facilities. They shouldn't be faulted for wanting to make the products desirable.... all businesses do that. I'm just glad they made the marketing strategy something that's kind of fun to do.

Visit my farm!
The Rainbow Connection
Old Feb 23 2012, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy pants View Post
Because a lot of people are buying the facilities so they can do the quests.... and it's a way for the devs to "market" the facilities. They shouldn't be faulted for wanting to make the products desirable.... all businesses do that. I'm just glad they made the marketing strategy something that's kind of fun to do.
Very well put Happy!!