Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Old Feb 05 2012, 05:00 PM
Account Not Linked

I hope they change it so it gives quests appropriate to the persons level. I just started one that has 3 steps and will be completed in 4 hrs. I have to make Aluminum Ore, Quartz Rock, and Soda Crystals will be done in 1 hr. Then make an Aluminum Sheet and a Flat Glass Sheet both will be done in 2 hrs. Then final step is to make a Shower Frame, which will take 1 hr. So 4 hrs after the quest has started I can finish it and then I have to wait 16 hrs to start another quest. This is like the 5th or 6th quest that has had very few steps. I am over level 200, have almost all of the factories, I have used cash to purchase farms, upgrades, tools, and factories. They should have these easy quests for the lower level players and the upper level players should have no less than like 6 or 7 steps to their quest or change it so that another quest can be started as soon as the previous one has been completed.
Old Feb 05 2012, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmgirl_Su View Post
I love the quests but having 5 is a waste because I can only open one every 20hrs and most of mine take between 1hr and 4hrs to complete os Im hanging around waiting..the only time I'll get 5 open is if I take 4 days off.. the time needs to be lowered please to every 8hrs or so..
So, I'm not the only one who should be able to have 5 quests, but can only manage to have 2 or maybe 3 because of the 20 hrs limit. Come on developers, please revisit this limit. If you want to give us the ability to have up to 5 quests open, then allow us to attain that amount of open quests.
Old Feb 05 2012, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba 947 View Post
So, I'm not the only one who should be able to have 5 quests, but can only manage to have 2 or maybe 3 because of the 20 hrs limit. Come on developers, please revisit this limit. If you want to give us the ability to have up to 5 quests open, then allow us to attain that amount of open quests.
I'm sorry, people, but I respectfully disagree. If the possibility existed to have 20 quests open at once, I would not eat, sleep, or go to work. Not to mention the enormous number of coins I would amass in no time flat....

Visit my farm!
The Rainbow Connection
Old Feb 05 2012, 09:53 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmgirl_Su View Post
I love the quests but having 5 is a waste because I can only open one every 20hrs and most of mine take between 1hr and 4hrs to complete os Im hanging around waiting..the only time I'll get 5 open is if I take 4 days off.. the time needs to be lowered please to every 8hrs or so..
I completely and definitely agree with you Farmgirl_Su. I just finished my only quest that I have open (since when you have quests that take less than 20 hrs to complete, you get them finished before the next one opens) and it took a whole 4 hrs to complete it. Now I have to wait for 15.5 hrs before I can do another quest. It would be nice if as soon as I finished that quest I could go ahead and open another quest and start it and then put a time limit on that quest to open up the next one when either I finish the one I have open or 20 hrs. This in no way would affect the people that have like 3 quests open already cause they could code it so that if you have 2 or more quests open another quest would not open by just finishing a quest and if you only have 1 quest open and finish it and another 1 opens but you don't want to start it yet, then just don't open that quest and it will be available for when you want to start that quest. This way it helps the people that get the small quests and finish them before the 20 hrs is over and would not affect the lucky others that have 2 or 3 to work on.

Happy Pants mention if the possibility of 20 quests open, no one said raise the limit to 20, but the limit for my level is 5 and it would be nice to have quests to where I could have like 3 or so open at once. So I could be working on those steps while I wait the 20 hrs for the next one to open, instead of having no quests to work on for over 15 hrs like I do now.

In the above quote from Farmgirl_Su, she mentioned the only way to get 5 open is to take 4 days off. According to the quest page another quest will not have the timer start until the previous quest has been started so if you are off for 4 days only 1 quest would still be available, or am I wrong on thinking this?

Last edited by KnightRider; Feb 05 2012 at 10:09 PM. Reason: I needed to add something to a paragraph.
Old Feb 05 2012, 10:10 PM

I think shortening the time between the availability of quests could be a double edged sword, if they get more complicated. Right now, many players seem to be able to complete the quests because they have set up a plot system that allows them to have some of the lengthy crops ready at all times, so they don't have to wait 4 days for a crop. IF the quests get more complicated, and they take longer, we may have 5 active quests open if they were available every 12 hours, and not be able to open a new one for a couple of days while the 5 are active, thereby we would be missing out a new quest because they are coming to fast. Then we would have players that would complain from that angle as well.

Like many, I have dedicated 1 farm to small 4x4 layered plots, and have enough to keep all of the 1 Day or longer Crops growing, so I too always have most of the items ready to go, and can complete almost every quest (that doesn't involve items from one of the animal facilities) at the final step in 6 hours or less, so I rarely go to sleep with out my quest of the day done.

Personally, I see the quest as an add on, not the primary activity of the game. I have my own "quest" or objectives set up. I am working on all of the items that have Belts & Dan's available to be at the 6th Degree. Crops, Trees, Fish/Seafood are all done, all but the new flowers are done as well. My other item is to keep at least 50K of every crop in stock at all times. Before I changed to my 2x2 plots, I was keeping 5x5 plots of every crop with harvest times of 1 day or greater, which took up most of my farm plots, and depleted my inventory. So now I have to build it back up, after it was deleted because I was still using a large volume trying to get more items from the facilities advanced through the belts & dan's.

So, I think it all depends on how you want to play. If the quests have become a primary activity for the player, yes, they could come faster. On the other hand, you can set your own objectives or quests to fill you time playing the game, and then the quests are coming at a nice pace for a little diversion.

What I would hate is for the quests to become the center piece of the game, like they are on other FB games, which many players have stated they dislike.

---Jerry

Farmtown: Where everyone can play the way they want to play, and still enjoy a great game together!

My Quest Plot Farm
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...1897&farm_ix=2
Old Feb 05 2012, 11:07 PM

I have to agree with Happy Pants (Post 249) regarding the people demanding that the developers make shorter time limits for the Quests.

It just amazes me how before they were introduced so many people were threatening to quit the game if quests were set into play and now just as many are begging for more. I guess our devs got the model right

However, what they have brought in has been done as 'an added element as PART of the larger game' and not the 'be all and end all'. For goodness sake, I'm quite sure that everyone managed to keep themselves occupied in and out of farmtown before we had a daily quest to do, and could do so again in the time they spend whining about wanting more.

They can't please all of the people all of the time, so why don't we just happilly accept what we have been given and get on with it, without the constant whining. For some players nothing is ever good enough.

I personally LOVE the daily quests be they simple or complex. I get it done during the day, then get on with my day, and look forward to tomorrow's quest.

Old Feb 05 2012, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcassemjr View Post
I think shortening the time between the availability of quests could be a double edged sword, if they get more complicated. Right now, many players seem to be able to complete the quests because they have set up a plot system that allows them to have some of the lengthy crops ready at all times, so they don't have to wait 4 days for a crop. IF the quests get more complicated, and they take longer, we may have 5 active quests open if they were available every 12 hours, and not be able to open a new one for a couple of days while the 5 are active, thereby we would be missing out a new quest because they are coming to fast. Then we would have players that would complain from that angle as well.

Like many, I have dedicated 1 farm to small 4x4 layered plots, and have enough to keep all of the 1 Day or longer Crops growing, so I too always have most of the items ready to go, and can complete almost every quest (that doesn't involve items from one of the animal facilities) at the final step in 6 hours or less, so I rarely go to sleep with out my quest of the day done.

Personally, I see the quest as an add on, not the primary activity of the game. I have my own "quest" or objectives set up. I am working on all of the items that have Belts & Dan's available to be at the 6th Degree. Crops, Trees, Fish/Seafood are all done, all but the new flowers are done as well. My other item is to keep at least 50K of every crop in stock at all times. Before I changed to my 2x2 plots, I was keeping 5x5 plots of every crop with harvest times of 1 day or greater, which took up most of my farm plots, and depleted my inventory. So now I have to build it back up, after it was deleted because I was still using a large volume trying to get more items from the facilities advanced through the belts & dan's.

So, I think it all depends on how you want to play. If the quests have become a primary activity for the player, yes, they could come faster. On the other hand, you can set your own objectives or quests to fill you time playing the game, and then the quests are coming at a nice pace for a little diversion.

What I would hate is for the quests to become the center piece of the game, like they are on other FB games, which many players have stated they dislike.
You're very right here. I think regarding shortening the time limit for quests, that the poor developers are '****ed if they do, and ****ed if they don't'.

I personally want them to 'DON'T'

Old Feb 05 2012, 11:29 PM

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcassemjr View Post

Quests can drive you at a pace you may not want to go at. I got fed up with Frontierville for that reason. I have never tried the quests on Farmtown, but I enjoy the game just fine without quests. I do my own thing,. Its the beauty of the game. I also hope quests do not become a center piece of farmtown. It would ruin the game.
Old Feb 05 2012, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenJS22 View Post
I have to agree with Happy Pants (Post 249) regarding the people demanding that the developers make shorter time limits for the Quests.

It just amazes me how before they were introduced so many people were threatening to quit the game if quests were set into play and now just as many are begging for more. I guess our devs got the model right

However, what they have brought in has been done as 'an added element as PART of the larger game' and not the 'be all and end all'. For goodness sake, I'm quite sure that everyone managed to keep themselves occupied in and out of farmtown before we had a daily quest to do, and could do so again in the time they spend whining about wanting more.

They can't please all of the people all of the time, so why don't we just happilly accept what we have been given and get on with it, without the constant whining. For some players nothing is ever good enough.

I personally LOVE the daily quests be they simple or complex. I get it done during the day, then get on with my day, and look forward to tomorrow's quest.
Double ditto!

Visit my farm!
The Rainbow Connection
Old Feb 05 2012, 11:57 PM
Account Not Linked

I was very wary of what a quest was going to be, but am finding it fun. It is not time intensive; mostly waiting for crops to grow.
I have 3 guests going now -- making ginseng roots, making mushroom burgers, and making corn meal. I appreciate the coin bonuses to fully expand my farms. The possibility of a random FC prize is enticing too.