Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jan 16 2010, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenpinnana View Post
I AM on WF 33 and it sucks!! It does work better and faster when there is only one person harvesting and plowing MY farm. I only hire one person also. My problem is that I can't plow after I have harvested a farm from the Market Place. The farm gets either stuck on the blue and gray loading lines in the middle or the words loading farm in the black box in the middle. Many times I get to watch people plowing instead of me being one of them. Then I am frozen on their farm and can't get out of it without shutting my pueter down. Instead of them doing a major repair job on this if it was a coin and xp problem in the beginning with only SOME farmers, I think that they should have left it alone and tried to fix a FEW instead of doing a complete change. It's evident that it is a LOADING issue since most of the time that pain in the butt black box is always stuck in the middle of the screen when you are doing anothers farm from the Market Place.
Actually I think it's (kinda) been admitted that it's a server(s) space issue probably brought about by the developers caving to the whims of the whiners by allowing people to have second farms without researching how many folks would qualify almost immediately. The poop started to REALLY hit the fan shortly after the second farm option came out. They still had new players signing up, and those of us who had been playing for some time IMMEDIATELY qualified for and purchased the second farm. SO what (probably) happened is the number of farms almost doubled in a short period of time, and the servers just couldn't/still can't/ handle the load. Hence, all the subsequent problems.

As to what you wrote about working for others? I cannot speak to that as I did not attempt to get hired while on WF33 this morning. But I DO believe you. All I KNOW is that I had a pre-12/22 experience while people were working FOR me. :-)
Old Jan 16 2010, 11:54 AM

Quote:
I said pretty much the same thing regarding the Christmas stuff lol. I could care less, because my hope is that they are concentrating on the larger problems right now also. As far as the levels go, I could care less on that also. I'm moving up little by little, and if there is nothing beyond 60, why the rush to get there?
EXACTLY! What's the sense in adding more levels and trinkets to a game that doesn't work correctly?
Old Jan 16 2010, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmergaylord View Post
EXACTLY! What's the sense in adding more levels and trinkets to a game that doesn't work correctly?
Be kinda like adding some $4000.00 rims to a nice looking car with a blown engine.
Old Jan 16 2010, 01:19 PM

Default timing out

I am level 60, as of yesterday I am on server WF28, was on 6.

While I had been seeing some inprovement in play, other than the time out issue, that is no longer the case.
I can not even stay in market, I get a timed out notice in the market! In the market standing still, waiting. What is that?
It is almost impossible to work for others because of the constant timing out.
I love this game and think the Dev have done an excellent job, but it is time to admit defeat and put us back to where we were before Dec 22. This portion of the game is not working.

And while it says my farm is linked it apparently is not, and I have given up trying. Dont tell me where to find instructions... i have tried to do that repeatly and I give up!
Old Jan 16 2010, 05:40 PM

Quote:
I don't think the lost coin/Xp thing is more widespread at the moment. People seem to be getting proper credit, it's just that now it takes forever, and if you leave a farm before the server catches up to your marked fields, you lose the coins and/or Xp's as the case may be.

Having said that; For whatever it's worth ... This morning I found myself on WF33 as opposed to my usual WF13, and I must say, it worked like a charm. I was able to hire people to harvest and plow on both my farms and there was hardly any lag at all. Granted, I only ever hire ONE person at-a-time, but still it worked much better than it had been.

[Facebook user]
I hire people and see when they queue stuff that doesn't clear. I then have to hire people to finish the job, or harvest/plow myself. Something is messed up.
Old Jan 16 2010, 05:41 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Be kinda like adding some $4000.00 rims to a nice looking car with a blown engine.
LOL!!!! Very good example.
Old Jan 16 2010, 05:54 PM

Normally on WF54, changed to WF14 Sat AM, now on WF19 Sat PM. No change in slowness. All recommended changes made. Took me 20 mins to finish harvest at neighbor's farm (740 plots) and about 7 mins to click them all. Then I wait and wait. Thank goodness he is kind and understanding. Some not so much. I get hired, click all the plots, and if there is anyone else there working, I have to wait for the "already dones" to cycle or abort the whole mission. If it is just me working, the farmer doesn't like waiting and will harvest what I have already clicked on. Then I get the already done again.

I have no save function while I'm waiting. It will not show pending changes saved until all the plots are done. I cannot check my messages until everything is calculated.

4 Gig Ram which worked perfectly before 22DEC upgrade. I can plant 800+ plots on my own farm, click save (even with 2/3s in que) and it works fine.

I don't think it is the second farm or the server space as that ability was working fine before the 22nd upgrade snafu.

Last edited by raynorcp; Jan 16 2010 at 06:06 PM. Reason: additional comment
Old Jan 16 2010, 05:56 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Actually I think it's (kinda) been admitted that it's a server(s) space issue probably brought about by the developers caving to the whims of the whiners by allowing people to have second farms without researching how many folks would qualify almost immediately. The poop started to REALLY hit the fan shortly after the second farm option came out. They still had new players signing up, and those of us who had been playing for some time IMMEDIATELY qualified for and purchased the second farm. SO what (probably) happened is the number of farms almost doubled in a short period of time, and the servers just couldn't/still can't/ handle the load. Hence, all the subsequent problems.

As to what you wrote about working for others? I cannot speak to that as I did not attempt to get hired while on WF33 this morning. But I DO believe you. All I KNOW is that I had a pre-12/22 experience while people were working FOR me. :-)
Now that makes sense on the second farm. I forgot about that. It may have been better to allow expansion like farmville to "cater to those whims" lol. I myself don't want a second farm to add to the clutter. This is a game, not my entire life like some people act like it is. I can change my one and only farm anytime I choose to make it look like another farm :- ) I look at it as a form of relaxation, not a fix like cocaine, and I want my relaxation working properly lol. If this wasn't free, there would be mass hysteria.
Old Jan 16 2010, 09:14 PM

Angry

Quote:
Now that makes sense on the second farm. I forgot about that. It may have been better to allow expansion like farmville to "cater to those whims" lol. I myself don't want a second farm to add to the clutter. This is a game, not my entire life like some people act like it is. I can change my one and only farm anytime I choose to make it look like another farm :- ) I look at it as a form of relaxation, not a fix like cocaine, and I want my relaxation working properly lol. If this wasn't free, there would be mass hysteria.
I don't think the 2nd farm option is the issue as my farms were all working perfectly pre Dec 21st. Please, please, roll back the dec 22nd 'upgrade'. I am on here from one of my farms while I wait to 'go home' from plowing just over 700 fields from another and so far I have been waiting 20mins and I want to open two messages that I can't open grrr.
I won't be going to the market to work until it is fixed and the WF on all my farms keeps changing so it's not that either.
Old Jan 16 2010, 09:38 PM

I think I've seen some improvement on myspace. Thats the one I was having the most problems with. The coin tally seems to be a little faster so I can accept the plow jobs quicker BUT when I do finish plowing the coins/xp tally is still just as slow as it was. I am pleased to say though that I have had quite a few jobs tonight that I was able to click as fast as my tired little finger would click and havent time out any at all.... so far. 'o)
Closed Thread