Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jan 01 2010, 07:40 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Thank you for getting rid of 'Already Done'. The question is, do we really need the little floating messages that tell you the coin and XP you earned? It is in the total and just seems to slow up everything.

BTW, server W105 is really slow.

I am having trouble hiring to plow after harvesting. The message goes through but the farmer can't plow. It also happened to me when I was hired. Fortunately it was a buddy so I could leave and come back. Then the plow request worked.

The update seems to be a step in the right direction though.
Old Jan 01 2010, 07:48 AM
Account Not Linked

ok - well I tried the harvesting with others bit and I still have divers boots - both collecting (so I can move on to another job) and actually moving on screen when hired ie - cant seem to get off quickly, get stuck and think others are still clicking over harvest I have done but I may be getting the credit anyway - I dont keep an eye on things to that extent!
Anyway keep up the good work!
Old Jan 01 2010, 08:21 AM

Just been hired to plough. The whole field was queued from havesting. As plots became available I was able to plough. The process was very slow mainly due to the random way the plots became 'revealed' I had to keep going to different sections of the fields as small areas became available. Not sure whether this is a problem wth the update or just down to a random method of ploughing by the other worker. Only two workers on the farm one harvesting and me ploughing. A very frustrating job which slowed me down considerably! As far as I can tell no problems with coins or xp.
Old Jan 01 2010, 08:26 AM

Level:
XP:
Thumbs down comp closes while plowing

why do i get shutdown whenever i m plowing for someone therefore losing out on coins and xp points ,it doesn t happen when i m harvesting

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Jan 01 2010, 08:49 AM

Default server issue

First let me say Thank you for all your hard work on fixing the issues we have been having. I am on server WF8. I can not get my farm to link... I finally gave up.
I was hired by a friend (linked) to harvest and plow. On server WF37. Major problems. Lots of lag. Timed out messages. Had to refresh. He couldnt hire me.... tried 3 times and then we both refreshed. that was alright because we are friends and could get back... but if your not u lose the job. The server kept blinking and timeing out.

Over all I do see improvement in the game. I know this must have made the Holidays a nightmare for the developers!
Old Jan 01 2010, 09:06 AM

Level:
XP:

WF2, on my farm. Still very slow with the tally of points and coins. Going to another farm I can only get about 1/4 the work of others. have to wait before I can plow and then again when I am finished before I can leave... Thanks for your efforts.
(level 49)
Old Jan 01 2010, 10:00 AM

Level:
XP:

This latest update has made problems for me that I never had before. There have always been small glitches but understanding this is Beta, I can deal with them. But since this last update things are a mess.. If I try to hire from the MP to harvest, it is random whether or not I manage to accomplish that. When I do finally get a worker, as they harvest my screen fills up with the little lines across the plots, and it takes forever for them to catch up with the worker's avatar. Clearing cache, rebooting before I start, Refreshing during, has no affect. Coins and points eventually add up as they should, and from the worker's point of view things look done, but not on my screen. Sometimes it will slow to a complete stop. I am on FB, my farm is linked, and I am on mainframe WF3. I have tried every trick I can think of and nothing helps. I hope this new update will get fixed, or rolled back to a better one. In the meantime, I do thank the devs for all they do. It's really a great game that I am completely addicted to in spite of troubles.

Farm Town isn't about the destination, it's about the journey!

Level 385

Visit 's Farm

Old Jan 01 2010, 10:16 AM

Level:
XP:

With regards to the connection to server timed out problem, it looks like I owe the developers an apology. Although I did not have this problem before Dec. 23, it appears that having uninstalled/reinstalled Adobe Flash has solved this problem for me. I have worked at several farms to confirm that it is working better, and it is. Interestingly though, I had not recently updated Flash prior to the problems that occurred after Dec. 23, so this is why I obviously suspected the Farm Town updates.

Harvesting seems to be working quite well now, but plowing lags behind quite a bit. In two cases where I have been plowing solo on full-size farms (immediately following the harvest of the same farms) I have found that plowing seems to be quite slow and I am able to finish clicking fields while the counters are still 9-10 rows behind. I have to sit and wait for 5-10 minutes and wait for it to finish. Certainly not the end of the world, but it would be nice if it were faster Oh the other hand, plowing seems much faster if you are hired to plow only and go in with a fresh cache/buffer. It just seems like when you are hired for any job, the cache/buffer is filled up with every click, but those resources are never returned until the entire Flash applet is reloaded.

Visit 's Farm

Old Jan 01 2010, 10:30 AM

I am losing out on plowing jobs after harvesting because I have to wait for the game to catch up...other workers don't have this problem...and I've heard some say that their game seems to have stopped that....I'm on WF-8...can you help?
Old Jan 01 2010, 10:57 AM
Awe Inspiring ( Level 30 )

Farmer Since: Jan 01 2010
Level:
Trophies: 9
XP:

I havent been able to load the game since the update

Visit KAYE's Farm

Closed Thread