Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 25 2009, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterflylin View Post
Before the Dec. 22nd change I never had a problem, never lost coins or xp points. Then the 12/22 disaster. Now with the latest change, I can harvest really fast, but when they hire me to plow right after harvesting, it just says I'm busy and won't let me plow. Happened on 3 large jobs. I'm giving up. It's not fun anymore.
They did stop the wait, i'm busy message. Do you still get it?
Old Dec 25 2009, 11:58 AM
Account Not Linked

This latest release could not have been thoroughly tested, you guys dumped it on the user base to debug. Shame on you! I am not one of them, but there are people that use REAL Money in this game. You in return, to show your gratitude use them like Alpha testers!
Old Dec 25 2009, 12:13 PM

Why have they changed my server again???? 3rd on in as many days. Now on WF46 and it suxs as well.
Old Dec 25 2009, 12:35 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapai View Post
Yes and No. Much improved over the 12/22 disaster. But not as good as pre-release.

I've just worked one job with another player. When my avatar was completing harvest, in between a few last coins (I guess), the message ALREADY DONE was flashing. Same for the plow. I marked many more squares than I received credit for.

Pre-release, we could see the fields that were already done much better. There were some issues with plowed fields not appearing plowed, but when they were clicked and instead of a hash mark, we got a plowed field, we knew it was already done. This way there is no way to tell until the avatar actually encounters a field that was ALREADY DONE?

In my opinion, this is going to cause MORE hard feelings on jobs with more than one hire. I know I have some now because I marked many more fields than I was paid for. So that doesn't seem to really address "lost" XP's. I clicked but received no XP. Instead of "lost XPs", I now just have LOST clicks? How is that better?

This is not the only problem, but so far it is Major. I hope you give this a few days to settle down to get all the feedback and can make corrections accordingly. People are not going to like doing a huge portion of a field only to have their avatar traveling over ALREADY DONEs for long periods of time.

Is there no way you can make the fields update WHEN they are done? In another thread, a fellow programmer made a suggestion on how that might be accomplished, IIRC.
I agree. I am having much worse problems since the 'fix' and reboot. The 'already done' message is preventing me from taking new jobs, getting hired for plowing, and going back to my farm. I wouldn't mind as much if it didn't show your progress bar before it tells you the field was 'already done'
Old Dec 25 2009, 01:27 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Buttercup View Post
No that is not what the 'report abuse' button is for! You can't report someone for doing something they don't know they are doing. Everyone harvesting or plowing on a farm at the same time sees it differently on their screen, what it looks like to you looks quite different at their end - hence they might sometimes plough something that has already been done - unknowingly.
That wasn't the question. Clicking squares that have already been clicked is unavoidable.

This was a situation where another player not just 'clicked' but plowed an entire field in less than a minute. If they had been clicked, I would have had an equal chance. They were PLOWED. That is not humanly possible. I've seen fast workers, and this was not the same at all.
Old Dec 25 2009, 01:54 PM

I am also having new issues that I did not have before this "fix." (The change on December 22nd as horrible, and I am glad you've speeded things up, but, now I have new propblems.) While my avatar goes faster, I also get the "already done" message frequently, and end up leaving a job with way fewer coins than I had "earned." Also, I am now dealing with invisibility issues. I go to the marketplace or a friend's farm, and no one can see me, and I can't see them. I have to refresh repeatedly, and even leave Facebook and return repeatedly, to get myself to show up.

I wish you would put thing s back the way they were.

I can't get the link to my second farm to post, so to visit it, go to my main farm, and then click on the little diamond shaped icon at the top of the screen (by the envelope.) That will take you there.
Old Dec 25 2009, 03:38 PM

Here's the deal, I've read everyone's messages and I had every problem mentioned and then some. I used to look forward to playing and now, well, now, I sit down with dread wondering what will go wrong this time. Where did the fun go, where's the sense of accomplishment ? Now I just tussel with servers, my computer, what ever else that can malfunction. It's beyond frustrating, and believe me, real life has enough bs to offer, without this too
Old Dec 25 2009, 04:14 PM

Unhappy plowing over the queued land

i have had this both yesterday and today. i have lost closet to 3,000 exp's i have the same situation as the poster ccalby his screen shot is perfect. to show waht i am seeing on my side as well.

is there any way that this can be looked into because bet ween this and the connection time out issue that has not been fixed yet, i have actually lost satisfaction with the game. it is frustrating that you take the time to click on the squares and follow the rules and then people come right up and plow under your clicked spots.

thanks for all you guys do for us players it is appreceiated.

i can not get my screen shot to print in. i am sorry

also, if you time out and have to reload there isn't a way to get back to the farm you were working on. and if you go to the market looking for hte farmer that hired you they are usually not at the same market. is there a way you can have an option to retrun to last hired farm? then when you reload you could go back and they could rehire you for you to finish the job. you don't look like you took off for no reason and you don't lose out on the work

thank you
Old Dec 25 2009, 04:23 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Farmer Kate S.

When you first get to a farm, ask the farme to add you to his/he buddy list, and you do the same. I do this with employee farmers, on the theory that I can alays remove them. That way, should you get dumped, you can come back, or the farmer can come get you, if necessary.b
Old Dec 25 2009, 05:16 PM
Account Not Linked

To reiterate what Slashkey says about bots:

Forum moderators have no control over ingame activity, so while using any kind of mechanical program or device that sends more request messages to the servers than a human reasonably can produce in the same period of time is against the TOS and can be reported directly to the development team, all posts concerning this activity here on the forums will NOT BE PERMITTED.

All threads/posts which derail into discussion of individual players or the activity of cheating WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE FORUM WITHOUT NOTICE.

If you are sure a player is cheating or using such devices/programs, either IGNORE it because is does not affect YOU or use the contact link at the bottom of your game screen to report such behavior. Please make sure your report is grounded since this WILL derail the development team from concentrating on efforts to enhance the game or fix bugs and problems that people are experiencing. UNGROUNDED REPORTS WILL RESULT IN THE PERSON MAKING THE REPORT BEING BANNED FROM THE GAME.
Closed Thread