Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 23 2009, 02:08 AM

Well... I don't know about you people. I think this upgrade is fantastic!! As I said how fast you want to go is controlled by your own clicking finger. I don't expect everyone to agree with me on my previous post, since no matter how the game is there's always going to be someone who complains. I, myself, find the upgrade is fantastic so I will stay in this game.

NO WAY I'M GOING TO GO TO FARMVILLE - the game is a self-torturing game. The introvert farmer doesn't talk to anyone, just working away in his/her own farm.

Every time I step into FarmVille I get mad, all those animals with dots on their heads crying to attention. I can hardly step into my farm and enjoy the view. All I can see each time are dots on the animals heads. Farmville sucks because everything you need are to be bought by cash.. The graphics are terrible animals are ugly...and I don't feel like having to go to my farm and have to work on my harvesting....and then the plowing....and then the seeding.....and then the animalssssss!!!!! What for??? FarmVille is nothing but a self-torturing money-spending game!!!! You can't even build anything for there's no materials for you to build with. What a boring game that is!!!! Sorry FarmVille Developer!...but you need to know the truth about your game.

Sandie Angel

Last edited by Sandie Angel; Dec 23 2009 at 03:48 AM.
Old Dec 23 2009, 02:09 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRT View Post
Neurotic is putting it mildly. LOL. That mini woman is driving me nuts. She must think she's the new dance queen.
Whiplash. The effects remind me of the primitive "Pong" game. Not your highest technical abilities. Watch the bouncing ball! It's just not fun any more, even if you're working for a neighbor/friend.
Old Dec 23 2009, 02:15 AM

this won't do at all. not at all. i have people zipping all around me while i have to wait for each crop to finish before doing the next. i am being out-paced 50 to 1. i am not a new player and my prefrences are set right and have not changed since i started playing. this new "upgrade" is just plain wrong. even if everyone moved at the snail pace i am it would make this a terribly boring game. i am just hoping it's a temporary server glitch.
Old Dec 23 2009, 02:15 AM

thanks guys you do a great job have a good xmas
Old Dec 23 2009, 02:19 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Token View Post
I don't know why voicing an opinion is characterized as whining. Lots of us love this game and feel the change takes away from our enjoyment of it. The developers need to hear what we think. I wish they'd take a poll and see what their users would prefer.
Yeah. And I'm sure the developers, who one assumes make some kind of living from coding, really appreciate the high and mighties inviting people to quit their game. I'm sure Bert and Raul would MUCH rather be standing in a bread line than hear from their BETA testers.
Old Dec 23 2009, 02:25 AM
Account Not Linked

Wink THANK YOU, now my suggestions

I do appreciate that we will be reverting back to the previous version, until a compromise can be determined.

Limit the active workers on a farm, corresponding to the size of the farm.

Boot or fire button that when used a total of 3 times prevents either party from accessing the others farm and limit the ability of hiring/accepting job from each other, permanently.(if used as a weapon to randomly boot people, the person will eventually run out of people to boot! and the people getting booted will either learn to behave or they will exhaust the people they can harass) to clarify , it is a farmer to farmer penalty, so that the "victims" of malicious booters, do not actually get blocked from the game, just from the person who repeatedly booted them.

I LOVED this game as it was, occasional glitches and all. I am THRILLED to hear you will revert back to the game I Loved so much, prior to the fiasco of the 12/22 release!!!!
Old Dec 23 2009, 02:33 AM

I hate it! I don't agree with your logic at all! All hirees land on the same spot and start from there. Nobody wants to fan out now because you have to wait to walk to a further, less crowded spot. It is taking twice as long to do everything and I DO have a real life to attend to as well. Please, please, please put it back!!
Old Dec 23 2009, 02:39 AM

[quote=granana;2915310]I do appreciate that we will be reverting back to the previous version, until a compromise can be determined.

Limit the active workers on a farm, corresponding to the size of the farm.

QUOTE]

I couldn't agree more! I think it is the perfect solution!
Old Dec 23 2009, 02:48 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandie Angel View Post
I went to a farm once to harvest, and there were only two harvesters. Me and this other girl. I tried to stay on my side to harvest, divided the farm from the middle, so she could stay on her side and I could stay on my side; and believe me the crops on both sides were the same!!

While I was working a pattern from top to bottom, or sometimes from left to right and right to left on my side of the fields, this woman got some nerve to intrude on my side while I was working on the pattern from top to bottom. When I got to the bottom I saw that she was clicking away the fields on my side of the farm. I was so mad!!! You try to be fair and divide the farm in the middle, but this rude and greedy woman came and clicked away on my side of the farm. So in order to get back at her, (I could click a lot faster than her), so I went to click on her side of the fields to see how she liked it.

I'm also very good in sharing work, because I can click fast and I noticed some harvesters click very slow, so at some point in time I would stop harvesting and leave the rest of the fields for the other harvester so she could catch up with collecting the coins that she should be getting. I stopped harvest, and the employer thought that was fair so she gave me the plow tool to plow. I began plowing the fields that I had harvested, then this other harvester got mad because I got to plow the fields first, she just left and didn't even continue on with harvesting the rest of the fields.

So I don't know what I should do to be fair. I thought I was being fair because I was clicking faster and so I left some fields to the other harvester to harvest, so she wouldn't feel I have got all the harvests. Isn't it a courteous thing to do? Then why was she upset and left the farm when I accepted the plow tool to plow? Is not that I wouldn't leave her any fields for plowing; or perhaps that's what she thought, and that was why she left?

What's a fast clicker is supposed to do for others without others thinking that we are going to get everything in the farm??? You try to be nice, and others don't think you're so nice.

Sandie Angel
I know what you mean. But. The other night I worked with a very polite co-worker. And I commented on it. I said I appreciate "name" being such a polite co-worker. The farm owner said she appreciated us working together and not fighting.

If I hire more than one farmer, I ASK them to be polite to one another. If they don't want to, they are welcome to find a mob somewhere else. No problems with greedy farmers at my farm.

And, personally, I do not participate in mob farming. Always someone at the MP will be along hiring eventually. Most FT peeps are good peeps. Avoid those who are not and que sera sera.

If someone needs to be chained down in order not to work out their greed, let them have the harvest and plow too! I don't need it that badly. And take the chains off me, tyvm.
Old Dec 23 2009, 02:56 AM

Well, this afternoon was a bit of a shock with the 'new' harvesting and plowing. I hated it but then it got better. I have to admit I like it now. It's more controlled and will reduce the random field runners that hack and slash everywhere. Once you adjust (and it took me about a dozen jobs), it is just as fast. Other than waiting for the avatar to get to where you want to work, it's ok. Maybe we should all just settle down and make the adjustment just like we have every other new change. It's not all that bad.
Closed Thread