Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Oct 25 2009, 10:34 PM
Account Not Linked

Absolutely love the new tools. Anything new that comes along is appreciated for the time and effort it takes to develop it. It's too bad that some folks don't understand the process in developing an intricate game like this and don't appreciate what has been done. I for one say "Great Job" to the folks doing all the work while we just play!! If they are not happy with the game, there are lots of others out there that may suit them better...just let us Farmers keep farming and having our fun.
Old Oct 25 2009, 11:01 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmerokiegirl View Post
My thoughts exactly. I'd also like to have someplace to store the things I own - some of the other games allow that and it's great - just move them out of the way. I hate having to sell everything - not only does it feel wasteful, it's insanely time consuming!

More land, more land, more land!!!!
I agree you, farmerokiegirl. My farm is a work in progress and it would wonderful to have a storage are for all the items that need to be moved when I make a major change. The harvester and plower aren't on my list to be purchased but I do have the big planter and it does help get the planting done faster, thus leaving me more time to play with my flowers (too bad we can't mass produce and sell the flowers). Space is tight enough on my farm that if I have to move a building I have to bulldoze fields to have a place to park it.

To repeat: More land, more land, more land!!!!
Old Oct 25 2009, 11:05 PM

Ever since the new upgrade with the harvester and tools I'm having a very annoying problem - everyone i hire to come to my farm becomes invisible. The come in and (sometimes) I can see them and I can see the harvest happening. We go to chat but there are no names in the chatbox and they can't see me. Then if i go to hire them to plow, they become invisible. I've had to work around this by having them send me a message and going to their farms to hire them. The last one was plowing away and noticed she wasn't getting coin or XP and I couldn't even see any plowing - even after reload! Finally I told her to stop. No point in her doing something for nothing. Please fix this!!!
Old Oct 26 2009, 12:18 AM

PS What's with this silent timed out message? At least before we had warning! Now I'm harvesting or plowing away and I've timed out and don't even know it! That one really ticks me off. I don't get my coin or XP and most often the farmer has to re-do what I thought I did. I bet this is the reason people suddenly don't get their coin and XP or it's been taken away but they don't realize they've timed out. This one REALLY needs to be fixed.
Old Oct 26 2009, 05:05 AM

like the new updates but why have the tress been locked that i could previously buy and i still can't buy red crocus as that is still locked even though i am on the last level
Old Oct 26 2009, 08:22 AM

Smile

I bought the new farm equipment and really like the seeder but have one BIG problem with the equipment addition. If we start harvesting and plowing our fields with these machines we are NOT hiring out. Aside from making us money to hire, we are now severely cutting the opportunities for members to earn the XP's thru harvesting and plowing. It just doesn't seem "right" to me in a game where everything we have comes from working for others. Now we are isolating ourselves (alas, like FarmVille) and we lose the interaction. My harvester is now parked in the north 40 and the plower is only used when I am rearranging fields, etc.

By the by, is there any possibility that we might soon see the development of storage sheds? Whenever I make changes to my farm it is necessary to sell (for next to nothing) instead of being able to store the "stuff" for future use. OK, I know if we sell/delete it we may just have to buy more later. Wonder why?
Old Oct 26 2009, 08:31 AM
Account Not Linked

First of all-- I love FarmTown!!
But I don't really understand the benefit of the tools. We already had the ability to plow four plots at once. The harvest tool is kind of cool but does not speed up the process. I do love machines, though! The best upgrade you gave us wast the ability to plow/harvest/plant without waiting on the cute little avatar to catch up.
Old Oct 26 2009, 08:37 AM
Tycoon ( Level 33 )

Farmer Since: Jul 01 2009
Level:
Trophies: 13
XP:

I agree with most on the new tools - the big seeder is the only one that is worth anything. You should be able to allow workers to use the equipment or at the least neighbor's should be able to use them for harvesting and plowing. There should be more levels - more land - more seeds and less stuff that take the FT $$'s. Quite frankly it's getting to be a little boring - you can only remodel your farm so much!

Visit Fannie the Farmer's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Oct 26 2009, 08:51 AM
Account Not Linked

why can't we use these tools on other peoples farms?
Old Oct 26 2009, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Each field consumes 1 unit of gas.so there's no way that there will be fuel left not enough to do 1 field.you must consume all your fuel before refueling.
If that is the case: Will a moderator please tell me why, when I'm seeding, I will have fuel showing in the upper corner (once it was 114; once it was 8) but STILL get a message saying I have to refuel.

Then when I go to the fuel station and click refuel, I get the popup that says "If you refuel now, you will lose your remaining fuel."

Of course, I have no option but to lose it. I can't use the seeder because it says it needs fuel!!!
Closed Thread