Go Back   Farm Town > Social Forums > Best Farm Contests

Old Aug 11 2014, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Yes Seajay your signature link will still be there. The signature shows on any post you make. However, if that is not the farm you are entering in the contest we will need a link to the farm you are entering , so we can go directly to it.
HA! Taz..you were to quick for me. I just deleted my post. I need to go figure out how to do this.
Thanks bud.

SeaJay

The Gathering
Old Aug 13 2014, 10:41 PM

So Glad to see the "Best Farms" contest reinstated. I enjoy seeing all the hard work everyone has put into their farms. There's some talented farmers out there. Sure Miss
seeing Farmer Dork" farms.
Old Aug 14 2014, 04:40 AM

does yoru farm have to have crops?
Old Aug 14 2014, 04:43 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluehair View Post
does yoru farm have to have crops?
Hello bluehair,

No, your farm doesn't have to have crops, it can have anything from the store as long as what you purchase from the store is used as it is meant to, for example a bench, it needs to be used as a bench and not for stairs.

My Server: WF-36 on Windows 8
Primary Browser: Chrome

To contact Support: Click Here.

Information on how to clear several browser's cache: Click Here.

If you have a question please post them in the open forum and not in a private message or visitor message, unless it is in response to a private message. Thank you.
Old Aug 14 2014, 08:51 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

I just want to say THANK YOU!! I've never done any contest before so this is (and has been) trial and error for me. It is challenging and exciting, as well as somewhat confusing (to one who has never done a contest anyway). I've enjoyed it immensely!! All of you are wonderful!! Thank you again for bringing the contests to life again!!

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Aug 14 2014, 10:40 PM

Are we aloud to freeze flowers in this contest?
Old Aug 15 2014, 03:53 PM

Level:
XP:

Okay is flowers classified as a crop or do I need them to be in the same stage as when I post a picture.
Old Aug 15 2014, 06:15 PM

Level:
XP:
Default Question about staggering/layering.

Before I get too involved with my design I wanted to clarify something. I do not have any of the design tools, so all this is being simply done by hand. It says we can stagger and layer crops. I am working on a winter theme and I want to use the snow hill and other mountains and hills found in the winter section. When I go to put them down it allows me to overlap them (on top of the snow hills that are HUGE) automatically. It also allows me to place trees, houses, etc. on them. So my question is, can I set up my farm this way or is that considered a trick and 'cheating'?
Old Aug 15 2014, 06:33 PM
Seraphina Warrior
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSLewis View Post
Before I get too involved with my design I wanted to clarify something. I do not have any of the design tools, so all this is being simply done by hand. It says we can stagger and layer crops. I am working on a winter theme and I want to use the snow hill and other mountains and hills found in the winter section. When I go to put them down it allows me to overlap them (on top of the snow hills that are HUGE) automatically. It also allows me to place trees, houses, etc. on them. So my question is, can I set up my farm this way or is that considered a trick and 'cheating'?
Hi CSLewis. If items can be placed, without the use of the green or orange hand (design tools), then it is perfectly fine. Some items can be placed on top of other items, and this is allowed. Any items, such as this , are checked out at the time of verification. The only thing that I would say, is to be careful when using hills and mountains that you do not stagger them and give a 3D illusion. Good luck and have a wonderful evening.
Old Aug 15 2014, 06:36 PM
Seraphina Warrior
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by docmm6 View Post
Okay is flowers classified as a crop or do I need them to be in the same stage as when I post a picture.
Hi docmm6. No, they do not need to be in the same stage of growth, but you might want to keep in mind, that harvested flowers, are not as attractive as flowers that are in full bloom, and as the judges will be visiting all farms, at the close of the competition, you might want to try and get them, as close to your photo, as you can. But like I said, it isn't a necessity, just a little advice. Good luck and have a lovely evening.