Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Aug 04 2021, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Garrysa,
You are not competing against your neighbors. You compete against other teams that are not your neighbors. Your neighbors do the same thing which is why they may be higher in their own contest group.

You get more points for your own team because your points are multiplied by the number of neighbors on your team.
Please read the Game Guide chapter 31 about the contest and it will explain what you are seeing:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=621846
The NCC has always confused me, but this week, I am actually "competing" against 2 people's chains, who are my neighbors- so I guess in a way I am competing against my neighbors. This had never happened in the past. My question is, does me working their facilities do anything for my chain, or theirs more? Same for them - do we just cancel each other out? Especially considering we all share a common number of neighbors.
Old Aug 04 2021, 12:57 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Early Girl View Post
The NCC has always confused me, but this week, I am actually "competing" against 2 people's chains, who are my neighbors- so I guess in a way I am competing against my neighbors. This had never happened in the past. My question is, does me working their facilities do anything for my chain, or theirs more? Same for them - do we just cancel each other out? Especially considering we all share a common number of neighbors.
Hi Early Girl,
This happens if there are not enough others, non-neighbors, who match the requirements to be your competitors.
Working facilities does not effect any scores in the NCC. You only make points for the contest from filling the facilities. You don't cancel each other out as it would also depend on other neighbors also working the facilities to allow each of you to fill more.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Aug 04 2021, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Early Girl,
This happens if there are not enough others, non-neighbors, who match the requirements to be your competitors.
Working facilities does not effect any scores in the NCC. You only make points for the contest from filling the facilities. You don't cancel each other out as it would also depend on other neighbors also working the facilities to allow each of you to fill more.
But, we are neighbors - from both sides. So, the trick to winning the NCC in a week is to just keep it filled? Not who works it?
Old Aug 04 2021, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Early Girl View Post
But, we are neighbors - from both sides. So, the trick to winning the NCC in a week is to just keep it filled? Not who works it?
Hi Early Girl

Taz is not available at this moment.

You and your neighbors only get points for the NCC when filling facilities.

Working your friends facilities only helps them to be able to refill them faster and then get more points.
Old Aug 04 2021, 01:33 PM

Thanks - appreciate the help. Did explain it better
Old Aug 05 2021, 01:19 AM

Not sure where to post this but my NCC is showing last wks contest. I've cleared memcache and browser. Doesn't clear problem. Using Firefox browser. ID# 100000534947736
Old Aug 05 2021, 07:05 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tondinihale View Post
Not sure where to post this but my NCC is showing last wks contest. I've cleared memcache and browser. Doesn't clear problem. Using Firefox browser. ID# 100000534947736
Hi tondinihale,

My apologies for not being able to answer you sooner. I have moved your post to the thread about the NCC.

Are you still having difficulties with this now? We are seeing your contest is open and showing this weeks facilities.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Aug 05 2021, 10:35 AM

Taz, TY for your ansswer. It seems to be working fine now. Switched over to Chrome and got this wks contest. TY
Old Aug 05 2021, 10:41 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tondinihale View Post
Taz, TY for your ansswer. It seems to be working fine now. Switched over to Chrome and got this wks contest. TY
Well I'm not Taz lol, but you're welcome and thank you for coming back to let us know

Make sure you've logged out of the other browser and then log back in before you try that one again and if you're using a saved bookmark to get to the game in it, try deleting that and get a new generic one or use the Facebook bookmark in the left side of New Feed to make sure you are using the current version of the game.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Aug 07 2021, 02:25 AM

I have 5 of the FC facilities from this weeks NCC. I moved them to different farms as part of a longer term rearrangement of my facilities, but they are not showing up in this weeks contest. Did I do something wrong?

Tags
add faciities in contest, disable ncc, enable ncc, facilities in contest, missing in ncc, ncc, ncc rewards, neighborhood chain, neighborhood contest