Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 22 2009, 09:17 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prada View Post
I love this new way . thank you .

yes a little slower but at least we get things done properly.
maybe people will stop hiring 5 people to harvest a field .

no more mouse trackers to gobble all the fields, no more collisions, yes there was a lot of them two's .

people just ruined it for themselves. so there .

suck it up .
wrong answer. Now instead of hiring one person I will hire at least 3 to cover the one person that will quit. And instead of waiting for them to get done harvesting so they can plow I will hire new people to plow. It is definitely gonna suck but I can't take 3 hours to do my farm. To top it off, you can't que ahead so you can actually chat with the owner. So much for the social angle. And that was the best part of the game.
Old Dec 22 2009, 09:19 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:
Default The new updates.

I find these new updates to be good in one aspect that you won't have to worry about others clicking on what you are clicking on. I have all ready experienced harvesting with these updates. It goes so slow that it makes you not want to do the harvesting. What would have taken five minutes actually took twenty minutes or more. now the problem is you'll be finding people hiring 20 people on a farm instead of 1 or 2 just to get their farms done in a reasonable amount of time. I really wish that they would go back to the old way or find a way to speed up the avitars movements to go with the mouse clicking. Maybe somebody will get a clue and rectify this problem that made a fun game a tedious one.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20

Please go back. This is not working... now I am loosing coins as I am having to replant over and over on the same plots, XP's are not consistent anymore. The game charged me coin to plow for someone tonight... limit the number of people that can be hired... messing with the whole game the way you have only punishes those who play in a fashion that is fair to the one person they hire at any given time is simply wrong... I only hire one person at a time and when I am on a farm that has hired a gob of people I harvest off on my own and if the competition is too great I leave...
Account Not Linked

I understand the reason why this change was implemented but, I still do not like it. Soooo slow!

can you make the size of the bag when planting smaller, i can't see where to click as the bag is in the way.
Old Dec 22 2009, 09:20 PM
Account Not Linked

The new system for harvesting and plowing has to go.

Bottom line. Until it is fixed I will not spend any of my real world cash buying farm cash.
Old Dec 22 2009, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prada View Post
I love this new way . thank you .

yes a little slower but at least we get things done properly.
maybe people will stop hiring 5 people to harvest a field .

no more mouse trackers to gobble all the fields, no more collisions, yes there was a lot of them two's .

people just ruined it for themselves. so there .

suck it up .
No, I won't stop but START hiring 5 people to harvest a field, to get things done faster.

If FT wants to limit the number of employees, then limit the number of employees, not going to one field at a time.

On a further note, I was still getting timed-out and received no coins with this new arrangement. Oh joy.
Old Dec 22 2009, 09:21 PM
Account Not Linked

I DO NOT LIKE IT!!!! Takes too much time. I like to get on a farm and get it done and move on to another farm.... This needs to change back or I'm not going to play anymore....... I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels this way.
Old Dec 22 2009, 09:22 PM
Account Not Linked

I HATE THE NEW WAY TO PLOW AND HARVEST!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE change things back to the way they were...I can guarantee tons of users will quit and I'd hate to see that happen!!! The fun was the interaction and the fun of being hired to work somewhere else. Now it's a REAL drag! I'd rather loose a few points and coins versus the extreme slowness of harvesting and plowing!!!
Old Dec 22 2009, 09:25 PM

Angry More changes Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul View Post
Hi There,

First, the Bert account was hacked recently and there were some posts made on his behalf, we are researching this issue now.

Second, we just released a new version of FarmTown a while ago. As stated before, we were going to focus mainly on the lost XP/Coins issues which are critical at this point. However, in order to minimize the lost XP/Coins issues, we had to make some changes to the way harvesting/plowing works when you are hired.

Before, when multiple people were hired on a farm, everybody starts clicking randomly on every field, and there are a lot of collisions, people harvesting/plowing on the same fields, as you don't see clearly where other people are working.

The new way is this, if you harvest fields that are close to where your avatar is, then your avatar will be teletransported and will be a very quick transition, it should be as quick or comparable to what it was before, however if you click on a field that is farther away, then you will have to wait until your avatar gets to that field to continue working.

This change will make that on some instances you work slower, on the other hand people get more dispersed while working on a farm, you can actually see them where they are working, and there will be much less collisions between them. This will also add another component to the game, now it's not just blindly clicking on the fields, you have to also consider the position of other players and your chances to avoid collisions and to get more work done. Now, when you click on a field that another player did before you, then you will see a message saying "already done", before, there was no feedback at all.

Of course, we know this release will cause a lot of complains as well, because in order to improve one area we had to change the behaivor on another area which some users will not like it, but compared to the issue of frequent losing more XP and coins, we just decided this was the way to go.

So far we have detected that there are 70% less issues with lost XP/coins that before, and it should improve with time even more.

As a separate note, the cursors on the game have been made larger and they don't get overlapped by other items on the game.

Thanks

--Raul
Since you have tried and fix the harvesting and plowing..why don't you fix it to where we don't have to wait on coins to load? I miss a lot of jobs waiting on coins to load from either plowing or harvesting. We should get coins as soon as we do a job not wait.
Closed Thread