Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Feb 21 2018, 09:56 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

just had a funny thing happen when working a super neighbors farms, on a farm with no water, the boat appeared in my hand.... now the only "water item" on this farm is a decoration.. the Koi Pond...... I reloaded the same farm and the fishing boat still appears telling me there is fishing to be done... obviously a glitch...
Old Feb 21 2018, 11:13 PM

Default Saint Patrick's Day 2018

Saturday, March 17 will be Saint Patrick's Day. Kind of strange to see Valentine stuff still up with the new release today. Am I missing something? Just three weeks before the next holiday. Otherwise, another great release.
Old Feb 21 2018, 11:20 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by perryalexander View Post
Saturday, March 17 will be Saint Patrick's Day. Kind of strange to see Valentine stuff still up with the new release today. Am I missing something? Just three weeks before the next holiday. Otherwise, another great release.
Hi Perryalexander,
The Valentine's items have been up since the first of the month to support the ongoing contest. Those items will be removed at the end of the month and then the March holiday decorations will be added.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Feb 22 2018, 06:51 AM

In reference to the new "scoring" for the NCC quests does that include working on neighbors facilities, or just your own? Some neighbors may not have many facilities but help their neighbors in that way a lot. Not counting that would certainly decrease incentive to do that I would think.
Old Feb 22 2018, 07:25 AM

Default Issue with tools when hired after update

I've read through the posts and did not see this issue. I don't think it is the same as the tools switching too quickly. Let's see if I can articulate this properly with an example (has happened more than once)...

I am hired from the market to harvest trees, flowers, chop, and fish. I was not hired to harvest or plow. The first farm loads, everything is ready on the farm including h/p, and I have the largest crop harvester in my hand. It used to load the first tool I was hired to use. I click the toolbox and load the shaker for the trees manually. I harvest the all the trees and then again I have the harvester in my hand automatically. I switch to the flower harvester, harvest all the flowers, and again it switches to the harvester. After finishing the chopping, shaking trees, flowers, and fish, it shows the harvester (even though I wasn't hired to harvest crops). I click the walking man and click the bonus box and the game tells me there are harvests left and doesn't let me collect the bonus. The only farms I could collect the bonus on was the farms that had no crop plots.

I tried it with the auto select tools checked and unchecked. Had the farmer hire me multiple times to try different things and nothing worked. The tools showing up for things that we're not hired for is an interesting bug and I'll be watching for the fix. I work in IT and I appreciate all the hard work for the updates but might I suggest a beta tester group on a different server of people who actually play the game to flush out all the bugs before you release it to 2.5 million players in production? User acceptance testing is an integral part of the SDLC that shouldn't be skipped, especially when your users have the option pay for extras in the game.

Again, appreciate the hard work and I'll get back to working on others farms and buying the best stuff when the bugs are fixed.

Respectfully,
Tina
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Not Hired To Harvest Crops.jpg (20.0 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by lvlrsSweetPea; Feb 22 2018 at 07:30 AM.
Old Feb 22 2018, 10:14 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1actress View Post
In reference to the new "scoring" for the NCC quests does that include working on neighbors facilities, or just your own? Some neighbors may not have many facilities but help their neighbors in that way a lot. Not counting that would certainly decrease incentive to do that I would think.
Hi A1actress,
Working your neighbors facilities has never added any points to your score. What adds points is when they refill those facilities and when you refill your own facilities.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Feb 22 2018, 10:18 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvlrsSweetPea View Post
I've read through the posts and did not see this issue. I don't think it is the same as the tools switching too quickly. Let's see if I can articulate this properly with an example (has happened more than once)...

I am hired from the market to harvest trees, flowers, chop, and fish. I was not hired to harvest or plow. The first farm loads, everything is ready on the farm including h/p, and I have the largest crop harvester in my hand. It used to load the first tool I was hired to use. I click the toolbox and load the shaker for the trees manually. I harvest the all the trees and then again I have the harvester in my hand automatically. I switch to the flower harvester, harvest all the flowers, and again it switches to the harvester. After finishing the chopping, shaking trees, flowers, and fish, it shows the harvester (even though I wasn't hired to harvest crops). I click the walking man and click the bonus box and the game tells me there are harvests left and doesn't let me collect the bonus. The only farms I could collect the bonus on was the farms that had no crop plots.

I tried it with the auto select tools checked and unchecked. Had the farmer hire me multiple times to try different things and nothing worked. The tools showing up for things that we're not hired for is an interesting bug and I'll be watching for the fix. I work in IT and I appreciate all the hard work for the updates but might I suggest a beta tester group on a different server of people who actually play the game to flush out all the bugs before you release it to 2.5 million players in production? User acceptance testing is an integral part of the SDLC that shouldn't be skipped, especially when your users have the option pay for extras in the game.

Again, appreciate the hard work and I'll get back to working on others farms and buying the best stuff when the bugs are fixed.

Respectfully,
Tina
Hi Tina,
The auto-select option only turns off the auto selection of tools on your own farms. It does not change the auto select when you are hired.

We have had a couple reports of this where it is selecting tools for jobs not hired for and we will look into this.
Old Feb 22 2018, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Rae View Post
just had a funny thing happen when working a super neighbors farms, on a farm with no water, the boat appeared in my hand.... now the only "water item" on this farm is a decoration.. the Koi Pond...... I reloaded the same farm and the fishing boat still appears telling me there is fishing to be done... obviously a glitch...

this has been happening for me as well for the past two days
also farm stats is freezing up again and you have to reload farmtown in order to continue farming. I use Farmstats frequently so I hope they can fix it.
Old Feb 22 2018, 11:47 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastermouse View Post
this has been happening for me as well for the past two days
also farm stats is freezing up again and you have to reload farmtown in order to continue farming. I use Farmstats frequently so I hope they can fix it.
Hi Mastermouse,
Raul already posted about the Farm Stats freezing up and they are working on it.
We have also reported the wrong tools being selected when you are hired to the developers.
Old Feb 22 2018, 02:07 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Love the new all and none button. So time saving. Great job.
Closed Thread