Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Oct 27 2017, 11:28 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdaddie View Post
My question is: If I choose a pair of coin reg facs this week for the chain, and next week will get an option for coin serv fac, will this weeks chain still be active next week, and continuing from week to week, with the goal of getting all available chains going over time. (Including all coin and all FC reg & service facilities.
Hi mcdaddie,
You have all the information we currently have in the first post of this thread and in the help with the chains manager. We do not know any more than you do. We will have to wait until more is released and written up by Raul.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Oct 28 2017, 12:54 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by carol0 View Post
Now that I don't understand. I selected the bakery just to see how this thing works, and all the products in it are at 7th dan. I just filled my facilities... and all my bakeries are filled 42,480. Why aren't any of mine filled at 59,472?
did you start the chain in the chain facility manager before you filled the Bakerys?
Old Oct 28 2017, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Rae View Post
decided to start a chain in my Bakery, at 100% my Pending is 59472 and in the non chain Bakery Pending is 42480 so there is a lovely increase there.... after workers went through the Chain Bakery Done reads 40830 while the non chain baker is 29164... love that those extra goods are there.. this is going to be a very interesting addition I feel... just have to work on getting to the 7th Dan in all products in all facilities now...
I did what you did with a bakery, but got no change in the pending, all 6 at 42480
Old Oct 28 2017, 02:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Rae View Post
did you start the chain in the chain facility manager before you filled the Bakerys?
Which way are you supposed to do it? Fill first and then start the chain or does starting the chain fill the facilities?

Farmer Squeak

Farmer Susan has been happily farming since July 27, 2009.
  • Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • ♫ Oh Give Me a Home . . .
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old Oct 28 2017, 02:25 AM

Thanks for the update Raul and all the team, looks like you've all been working hard to get this new chain thing going, I think it'll be great when it's working fully.It took me a few clicks and I had to delete quite a few chains before I found one that would work for me but eventually found one and the benefits of it look great.
Old Oct 28 2017, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer_Susan View Post
Which way are you supposed to do it? Fill first and then start the chain or does starting the chain fill the facilities?
I started the chain then went to fill them up, they're highlighted so's you know which ones to do. Seemed to work ok.
Old Oct 28 2017, 02:40 AM

OK I may not be firing on all cylinders this morning! These new Facility chains (which I think is a great idea BTW just need to understand it). If I make a Facility a chain is it permanent or do I select a new one next week and this weeks one reverts to normal? If I change my mind can I cancel a facility being a chain and choose another? Is there a time limit every week on how long we have to choose? How do I know if a neighbour has a chain for me to export to? Sorry about the questions - as I said I'm not really with it today

***** Farm Town Addict since October 2009 *****
Old Oct 28 2017, 02:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggiel29 View Post
OK I may not be firing on all cylinders this morning! These new Facility chains (which I think is a great idea BTW just need to understand it). If I make a Facility a chain is it permanent or do I select a new one next week and this weeks one reverts to normal? If I change my mind can I cancel a facility being a chain and choose another? Is there a time limit every week on how long we have to choose? How do I know if a neighbour has a chain for me to export to? Sorry about the questions - as I said I'm not really with it today
I was just getting ready to post a similar question. Here's my question - one of the rules is this:

"9. One final and important rule is that if facility X is related to facility Y, at any given time you can have a chain of facility X or a chain of facility Y but not both. This will incentivize players owning a chain of X to trade products with neighbours owning a chain of Y."

If a chain only lasts for a week or some limited about of time, then 9 makes sense to me - sorta But if they're permanent, how are we going to know whether we'd rather start a chain with facility X or facility Y? The fact that it says "at any given time" makes me think they're NOT permanent but I also don't see anything indicating how long they DO last? I can see that maybe down the road it will all make sense but I'd love to understand a bit more of the strategy. I think for now I may just go ahead and jump in and try one - but I'm still going to keep reading here so I can learn from what the mods and other users say.

Farmer Squeak

• Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old Oct 28 2017, 03:01 AM

Tried my Bakery. Got that "needs to be finished" message someone else had posted about. Went to my Facility Manager tool and stored everything/cashed out everything. "Done" said 0. Went back to try to create the chain and got the same message. Do we have to allow the facility we want to get totally empty before we start the chain? It says if I continue, all the finished products in my Bakeries will automatically get sent to storage - which should be fine, I would think - but there AREN'T any finished products in my Bakeries anymore.

Farmer Squeak

• Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old Oct 28 2017, 03:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi NJones,
All that means is to empty all that is already done in a facility. Youy can empty them from your facility manager.
I tried that - but am still getting the "need to be emptied" message.

Farmer Squeak

• Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Closed Thread