Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Oct 27 2017, 06:04 PM

Default New Release -- October 27th, 2017

See Known Issues, More Information and Post Release Updates at the end of this post. Last changes released on November 20th, 4:30PM.

Hi There,

We just released a new version of the game with the following new features: EN ESPAÑOL AQUI

1. 8 new Thanksgiving items: 6 at the top of the Thanksgiving category in the store and 2 at the bottom.

2. Production Increases (coming in the next 1-2 weeks): Production of all products in high demand for facilities will be increased across the board. In the near future, trains and ships output will be increased as well, most likely depending on some other factor.

3. Next 5 expansions for Farm 34: See prices below:

24x24 - 22000000000 coins or 25 FarmCash
26x26 - 22500000000 coins or 25 FarmCash
28x28 - 23000000000 coins or 25 FarmCash
30x30 - 23500000000 coins or 25 FarmCash
32x32 - 24000000000 coins or 30 FarmCash

4. Ingredient Planner Bug Fixes:

a) When unchecking facilities in the Facility Manager it was not being considered in the global Facility Manager ingredient planner, meaning if a facility was unchecked the ingredient requirements for that facility were still included in the ingredient planner results.
b) If there were more than one product consuming a certain ingredient in a facility, the ingredient planner was counting only one.
c) Sort by Required or Missing was wrong sometimes

5. Facility Chains: There is a new Facility Chains Manager icon in the Tool Box, right above the Facility Manager icon, that will give you access to the Facility Chains Manager. This feature is available at levels 200 and higher.

This is the phase one of this feature. Export and Import of products between neighbours will be completed over the next releases. Here is how it works:

1. Every week the Facility Chains Manager will present to you a different subset of the facilities that you own.
2. From that subset you will select one facility to convert into a chain.
3. To reach chain status you need to have 2 instances of that facility in your farms. If you have more than 2 facilities only the first 2 will be part of the chain, based on the farm order where they are located at any given time.
4. To reach chain status you also need to achieve Dan 7th Degree on each product produced or used in that facility.
5. The subset of the facilities for you to choose from will vary each week. It could be any of the following combinations:

a) Regular facilities in coins
b) Regular facilities in farm cash
c) Service facilities in coins
d) Service facilities in farm cash

6. The first week we will show you only coins facilities, the second week only farm cash facilities and so on. Whether we show you regular or service facilities will depend on the types of facility chains you have created in the past.
7. Only those facilities that have a *strong* supply/consumption relationship to another facility can be converted into chains, for example:

a) The Medical Supplies Factory can be a chain because it supplies the Hospital. The Music Conservatory can be a chain because it consumes from the Musical Instruments Factory.
b) However the Healthy Juice Stand can not be a chain because is not related to any other facility. The Rubber Factory can not be a chain because is related to too many facilities.

8. The Add Chains tab shows one row for each pair of related facilities, regular facilities in the left and service facilities in the right.
9. One final and important rule is that if facility X is related to facility Y, at any given time you can have a chain of facility X or a chain of facility Y but not both. This will incentivize players owning a chain of X to trade products with neighbours owning a chain of Y.
10. The My Chains tab will show you the status of each of your facility chains.

Benefits of *Regular* facility chains:
-------------------------------------------

1. Chains of coins regular facilities will generate 40% more production.
2. Chains of farm cash regular facilities will generate 80% more production.

Extra production will be added to your storage and those products will have the ( Export ) suffix in their name.

3. ( Export ) products can not be consumed by your own service facilities, you can either:

a) Sell them at the market (Notice these products generate pure profit because they didn't cost you any ingredients or time).

OR

b) Export them to a neighbour who has a chain of the facility that can consume those products. In this case the Mayor will compensate you with an extra 100% of the sale price for helping others.

Benefits of *Service* facility chains:
-------------------------------------------
1. Chains of coins service facilities will be 75% more profitable instead of the standard 50%.
2. Chains of farm cash service facilities will be 100% more profitable instead of the standard 50%.
3. If you need help stocking a service facility chain with products, you may chose to import those products from a neighbour who has a chain of the facility that can produce them. Notice these imported products have the advantage that you didn't have to spend time producing them and will also be extra profitable due to the increased profitability of the service facilities that are part of a chain.

Additional Info #1
When players eventually become familiar with the feature, it's likely that neighbours would talk between them and agree on which chains they are going to create in order to collaborate better, for example:

- Neighbour A create chains of Musical Instruments Factories and Hospitals
- Neighbour B create chains of Medical Supplies Factories and Music Conservatories

This way:

- Neighbour A can export products produced in its Musical Instruments Factory chain to Neighbour B Music Conservatory chain
- Neighbour B can export products produced in its Medical Supplies Factory chain to Neighbour A Hospital chain

Additional Info #2

- The pending production in a factory don't need to be discarded when creating a chain of that factory, only the finished products need to be moved to storage but you don't need to do it manually, the game will do it for you when you click the green tick.

- There is no specific time limit in the week to create the chains, you have from Monday 12:00AM up to the next Monday 12:00AM. If you don't do it in that period nothing happens, you just missed the opportunity to have another chain.

- When you create a chain, it will stay that way, offering the same benefits, until you decide to delete that chain. Assuming facility X is related to Y, may be you had a chain of X for too long and want to have a chain of Y, in that case you will have to delete your chain of X in order to create the new chain of Y.

- When we implement the Export/Import functionality, you will see exactly which of your neighbours owns a perticular chain

6. Taste of India (FC): Provides India Cultural Exchange and Food Tasting Services and can be stocked with products from the Indian Restaurant.

7. Taste of Hawaii (FC): Provides Hawaii Cultural Exchange and Food Tasting Services and can be stocked with products from the Hawaiian Restaurant.

8. Music Band Supplies Factory (Coins): Produces Music Band Supplies.

Violin Shoulder Rest
Cello Bridge
Music Sheet Notebook
Music Stand
Conducting Baton
Flute Cleaning Kit
Violin Case

Note: We will add 7 more products to this factory when we release another music band on the next release.

9. Arcade Supplies Factory (FC): Produces Arcade Supplies.

Pushers and Puck
Whac-a-mole Mallet
Crane Machine Claw
Arcade Controller
Reward Ticket Dispenser
High Striker
Foosball Table
Basketball Shootout

10. Classical Music Band (Coins): Provides Street Classical Music Services and can be stocked with products from the Music Band Supplies Factory.

11. Arcade Game Center (FC): Provides Arcade Games Services and can be stocked with products from the Arcade Supplies Factory.

Enjoy!

--Raul

Post-Release Updates - October 28th, 5:50AM

- Updated the main post with additional information about the release of the new farm expansions, the bug fixes to the ingredient planner and additional info about the Facility Chains feature.

Post-Release Updates - October 30th, 4:50AM

- Released old Thanksgiving decorations
- Released the next 5 expansions for Farm 34
- Released the Taste of India and Taste of Hawaii service facilities

Post-Release Updates - November 1st, 3:50PM

- Released 4 New facilities: Arcade Supplies Factory, Music Band Supplies Factory, Arcade Game Center, and Classical Music Band.
- New 'Part of a Chain' filters in the Facility Manager to show only facilities that are part of a chain. Notice the radio (rounded) buttons were changed to drop downs.
- When setting the Facility Chains manager icon as a shortcut, clicking on it didn't work every time.

Post-Release Updates - November 1st, 11:30PM

- The new 'Part of a Chain' filters in the Facility Manager, released a while ago, now shows all the facilities that are part of a chain, even when they haven't reached the Chain Status yet. The ones that have reached the Chain Status will appear with a blue background.

Post-Release Updates - November 2nd, 2:00AM

- Released 8 new Thanksgiving items.

Post-Release Updates - November 6th, 7:25PM

- Sorting and Filtering in the Facility Manager now takes much less time, this is significant for people with lots of facilities

- Additional info shown in the 'Add Chains' tab on the Facility Chains Manager:
a) The title of each facility now has between parenthesis how many of that facility you own.
c) On the bottom/right of each facility you will see how many products with Dan 7th you have achieved and how many are missing.

- There are 2 additional sorting dimensions, 'Facility Count' and 'Dan 7th Progress' that will make it easier for you to select the facilities that are best candidates to be converted into chains faster.

Post-Release Updates - November 6th, 7:40PM

- BugFix: Some users were experiencing X025 errors when opening the Facility Chains Manager.

Post-Release Updates - November 7th, 7:10PM

- In the case of the Service Facility chains, when you click the 'Check Dan Degrees' button its currently opening the related Regular Facility. However, for Service Facilities like The Supermarket that use products produced on multiple Regular Facilities this is not enough. We will release a change soon for cases like these, so when you click the 'Check Dan Degrees' button, you will be able to select which of the Regular Facilities that supply the Service Facility you want to open.

Post-Release Updates - November 8th, 5:50AM

- It looks like Facebook released a fix a few days ago for the Send Requests screen shrinking bug, please report in this thread if you are still having issues.

Post-Release Updates - November 13th, 5:00PM

- Enabled the Delete Chain button for fully converted chains. Notice that in this case all the (Export) products generated by that chain will be sold in the Market automatically.

Notice that when you delete a chain that was not created in the current week and you had already created a chain in the current week, you still need to wait until next week to create your next chain.

- In the case of the Service Facility chains like The Supermarket that use products produced on multiple Regular Facilities, when you click the 'Check Dan Degrees' button you will now be able to select which of the Regular Facilities that supply the Service Facility you want to open. Also, when you open the desired Regular Facility, only products that are used in that particular Service Facility will be shown.

- Fixed the Stone Fence Gate Closed and Hedge Gate Closed decorations

Post-Release Updates - November 20th, 4:30PM

- We had to delay the production increases for another week, they will be released next Monday, the 27th, along with the next general release of the game. Sorry for the extra wait.

Last edited by Raul; Nov 20 2017 at 03:33 PM.
Old Oct 27 2017, 06:06 PM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Thanks very much Raul and development team

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Oct 27 2017, 06:10 PM
Senior Moderator

Thanks Raul!
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Oct 27 2017, 06:11 PM

Thank you Raul and Team! Now to study up on the new Facility Chain feature! It sounds like fun!
Old Oct 27 2017, 06:29 PM

Color me confused at the moment..... maybe when I am fresh in the morning, I will read this slowly.... very slowly
Old Oct 27 2017, 06:53 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

thank you, a lot to take in, and am just waiting for all the negative comments to appear..
Old Oct 27 2017, 07:05 PM

Thanks so much Raul!
Old Oct 27 2017, 07:21 PM

YAY!!! got done eatin dinner and found an update!! woot woot!!!
thanks team!!
Old Oct 27 2017, 07:22 PM

Thanks so much. A few quick questions--do both the factory and the services have to have at least 2 on my farms? And do they both have to have all products to 7th Dan degree?
Old Oct 27 2017, 07:34 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beautysmom1 View Post
Thanks so much. A few quick questions--do both the factory and the services have to have at least 2 on my farms? And do they both have to have all products to 7th Dan degree?
Hi Beautysmom,
You will not have both in the same week, but yes you will have to have 2 of a facility or service and all products will have to be at 7th dan for the facilities. There aren't any dans for the services.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Closed Thread