Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by annaH View Post
Thanks for all the great new stuff!
I thought I saw something about a cactus somewhere, but can't find it anywhere. Was I dreaming?
I found Cactus by going to the Store and typing that in the search, found 3 listed, Prickly Pear Cactus costs 1,110 coins, harvests in 4 days, sells for 185 coins but at the moment there is no ? in the top right corner so its not currently used for anything.. Oh and they are classed as FLOWERS!! The Saguaro Cactus (with 4 arms) costs 100,000 coins and the Saguaro Cactus with 2 arms, costs the same. They are decorative items.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Dec 03 2016, 09:17 AM

so,

If the Cargo Ship(s) will cost coin.....

maybe I should really start accumulating coin.... just spent about 80Billion on expansions

I will have to post daily for the next two weeks, and maybe buy another hundred facilities..... ouch
Old Dec 03 2016, 11:20 AM

personally, i think slashkey has made an excellent choice in making the ships coins. i know a lot of players on fixed incomes, but use this game for therapy, and why should they always have to miss out on the premium items simply because of a choice of groceries or game? many kudos to dev and team for making that decision. new trees... need more room to plant. can we drop some of those land expansion prices a little bit maybe? im starting to feel like i need to be friends with hugh hefner to upgrade a farm. lollll seriously tho, very happy with this update, well done dev team!!
Old Dec 03 2016, 11:29 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conjetta View Post
Will there be a way to OPT out of the whole boat thing? It seems like it will be much more involved than I have time for and I don't want to spend that much time on the game. I also don't want my neighbors having to wait on me to do anything. I want to farm. Period. I've been on farm town since 2009 and it would be awful to have to leave now because of being pushed to do something I don't want to do.
I agree with this completely. We spend enough time doing Farmtown and I don't want to HAVE to do anything that I feel is a waste of my time. I will wait until the "Ships" come to see how much work is involved. I do know that I have stopped contributing to the Neighborhood Chains contest simply because my group has only managed a 9 at best. Just not worth the effort! I have also played since 2009 but I have my limits as to what I am willing to do/buy in order to keep up with the game. Sounds like the 'SHIP THING" is not one of them so far.
Old Dec 03 2016, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Rae View Post
I found Cactus by going to the Store and typing that in the search, found 3 listed, Prickly Pear Cactus costs 1,110 coins, harvests in 4 days, sells for 185 coins but at the moment there is no ? in the top right corner so its not currently used for anything.. Oh and they are classed as FLOWERS!! The Saguaro Cactus (with 4 arms) costs 100,000 coins and the Saguaro Cactus with 2 arms, costs the same. They are decorative items.
As of when I tried to search for them around 8am eastern (US) time, search was not working for anything in the store. I am hoping the issue will be fixed by Monday if it has not been at this writing. Thanks for mentioning where you found the ones that are non-ingredients since it will make them easier to find directly.

Friends don't let friends boot from hard drives! A real friend would recommend an SSD. Or better yet NVME.
Old Dec 03 2016, 01:48 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qivis View Post
As of when I tried to search for them around 8am eastern (US) time, search was not working for anything in the store. I am hoping the issue will be fixed by Monday if it has not been at this writing. Thanks for mentioning where you found the ones that are non-ingredients since it will make them easier to find directly.
Hi Qivis,
I am not sure what issue you are talking about. The search in the store is working fine.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Dec 03 2016, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Qivis,
I am not sure what issue you are talking about. The search in the store is working fine.
As I said, it may have been a temporary glitch that was quickly fixed. Other temporary glitches have also occurred, but this is fairly normal shortly after an update and problems that I've seen in the last hour are not happening at the moment either.

Friends don't let friends boot from hard drives! A real friend would recommend an SSD. Or better yet NVME.
Old Dec 03 2016, 03:24 PM

Default Search

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qivis View Post
As I said, it may have been a temporary glitch that was quickly fixed. Other temporary glitches have also occurred, but this is fairly normal shortly after an update and problems that I've seen in the last hour are not happening at the moment either.
For me, the search function is up every update, but stabilise in among 2 days.

Now for the cactuses, they came in Nov release so not new now

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...6759&farm_ix=3

Last edited by Taz D; Dec 03 2016 at 04:20 PM.
Old Dec 03 2016, 11:22 PM

Thanks for all the new goodies. Looking forward to the ship. I know they will work it out for us so that those who want can use it and enjoy it. Love this game after all these years.
Old Dec 03 2016, 11:45 PM

Raul, A thousand thanks for the Jamaican restaurant, and all of the other goodies. You and your team continue to introduce remarkably creative elements to the game. It keeps the players intrigued. I have played for over 8 years and still look forward to the monthly updates. As a native Jamaican, I still look forward to a Jamaican flag in the flag shop. Because of the introduction of the Jamaican Resturant, hope springs eternal for the Jamaican flag. Again, thanks for everything.
Closed Thread