Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Aug 09 2012, 04:37 AM

I notice in Google Chrome my Flash version has changed to 11.3.31.225 and I thought everything was working well this morning - my own farms are really fast - no crashes and I can open the Facility Mgr - thats really fast too.
Until I went to a friends farm to work her Facs and Flash crashed on Farm 12. Mind you she does have 15 farms with Facs on every single one and all heavily layered with crops, trees buildings etc. so it may have been an issue with that rather than the Flash version. Too much data or something???

***** Farm Town Addict since October 2009 *****
Old Aug 09 2012, 05:58 AM
Account Not Linked

Please note...if you are having problems with chrome shockwave crashes the newer browser update also changes the shockwave versions. This seems to be helping many of my farmtown friends. If your chrome has not updated automatically...click the tool wrench in the upper right corner and click "about google chrome" you will see it looking for update and update to the latest chrome version which is 21.0.1180.75. Hope this helps someone!
Old Aug 09 2012, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbeltman View Post
Please note...if you are having problems with chrome shockwave crashes the newer browser update also changes the shockwave versions. This seems to be helping many of my farmtown friends. If your chrome has not updated automatically...click the tool wrench in the upper right corner and click "about google chrome" you will see it looking for update and update to the latest chrome version which is 21.0.1180.75. Hope this helps someone!
Thank-you - thats the version I have now.

***** Farm Town Addict since October 2009 *****
Old Aug 09 2012, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornyroo View Post
Blame Abode, not FT people - they are the ones who consistantly upgrade flash for apparently the fun of it every few weeks - to prevent this issue in the future, set your adobe not to automatically update - or deny the install if it has already downloaded, I learnt early on this will mess with with FT big time... or wait at least until the forum seems to give the all clear on a fix for issues - remember - FT/SLashkey is not responsible for the shockwave plugin in - they dont know what will happen anymore than we do each time adobe messes with it - yet, I can assure you, these dev's will be running around behind the scenes trying their hardest to correct an issue thats been thrust upon them - chill out with the blame game and learn a little patience!!
I so totally agree with you that the problem is Adobe not FT.

Do you know when the last upgrade to the flash player occurred???

Going into chrome now to stop it from automatically upgrading.
Old Aug 09 2012, 08:08 AM

As the number of goods carrying containers has increased,can I buy another std freight locomotive to haul different containers in my other farm? My 14th farm's track for the train is too short.Thank you.
Old Aug 09 2012, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emychan View Post
As the number of goods carrying containers has increased,can I buy another std freight locomotive to haul different containers in my other farm? My 14th farm's track for the train is too short.Thank you.
Hi, at this stage you can only have one working train.
Old Aug 09 2012, 09:23 AM
Account Not Linked

Default train farm highlighted as having facilities to work

Sorry if this has been mentioned; I didn't see it. It is not a big deal, just a curiosity.

Since I dispatched the train, that farm is highlighted when neighbors work my faciities. It looks like the farm will have facilities to be worked. But there are no facilities there; just the train.
Old Aug 09 2012, 09:33 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by clogger View Post
Sorry if this has been mentioned; I didn't see it. It is not a big deal, just a curiosity.

Since I dispatched the train, that farm is highlighted when neighbors work my faciities. It looks like the farm will have facilities to be worked. But there are no facilities there; just the train.
I think it is because in the future that the train is going to be able to be worked by your neighbors and right now it is showing it as a facility even tho they don't have it to be worked yet. Hopefully in the next release it will be able to be worked. It happens to mine also. If that is the only thing on that farm you could put a note when you send out the request for workers that this farm only has a train on it, I have done that before to let them know that there is no other workable facilities on that farm.
Old Aug 09 2012, 01:41 PM

[IMG]I think it's too bad that SLASHKEY didn't go along with the "Theme" of the game and added people that look like us players, after all they did with our restaurants, so why not with people, if we start placing all kind of real looking people all over our farms, then when we work them, we will look strange to the town and farms - Thank You & Happy Farming [/IMG]
Old Aug 09 2012, 01:55 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Im sure if the people looked too much like "us" we would have people thinking they actually were other players and think there was something wrong with the game since they couldnt chat with them

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Closed Thread