Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Mar 30 2012, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath-H View Post
I wish more people would use the new feature in the market - click avatar, change status ro red if looking for work, pink if hiring. Sometimes I struggle to hire because of all the requests coming in. I suppose word will get round eventually, it's a really good idea.
When that first came out I was just patiently chilling in the MP waiting for a job and suddenly noticed all these new beautiful colors and was like "coooollllll, I want to be pink too!" so I simply asked how they did that and nobody told me ( out of like 20 people ) and the only reply I got was "Becuz I'm an alien". to which I replied with one of my usual quick witted responses of "Ummm I could only WISH I was talking to a real life alien". And then I saw the word "ignore" typed in the chat box. hahahahahaha I LOVE helping new people when they have questions. We all had to start somewhere and learn along the way so why not just either not say anything at all or be kind and offer some friendly "helpful" advice. It's so nice when u come in contact with nice people on FT...It always reminds me why I still play the game...It seems lately there are so many negative Debbie Downers playing this game...I did learn a new word the other day on here though which literally made me LOL...some girl came to the 1st ( out of 13 ) and ONLY farm I had worked on so far and was like "Thanks Bit** for "SNARFING" up all the crops"! HAHAHAHAHAHA What?! Who says that...Upon an immediate Google Search I'll tell u 1 person --------> this girl ( we woo ( finger pointing over my head )) which I now incorporate into daily sentences about everything like "Hey Mom thanks for snarfing up the mail today ( which makes ZERO sense BTW) and laugh really hard and shes like WTF?! Oh FarmTown the joy u bring into my life!
Old Mar 30 2012, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibisan View Post
I like to harvest fruit trees. I, however, do not have any "tools" because I don't have the money to be buying them to play the game. On more occasions than I can possibly recall, I'll be on a farm, minding my own business, harvesting the trees, and a person with "tools" comes through and harvests EVERYTHING, leaving nothing left for me to do. They take ALL the work! And they don't CARE. I cannot compete with folks that have tree shakers. It just happened to me a few minutes ago. I am getting very fed up and will probably stop playing altogether. The playing field has become unfair.
Yah unfortunately this happens way too often!! I personally have tools ( which I very recently finally gave into ) and I always make a point to either A. ASK the other person without tools if they have anything in specific they really want and would appreciate me not doing or B. Just only do half of the work so they have plenty for themselves... There are still some of us "polite and nice" people out there who still play the game...Hopefully u come in contact with more of us!
Old Mar 31 2012, 09:47 PM

when I ask people to fish they get upset if I don't have bait and boats. How and where do I get them? And why do they need them. I do have bait I sell how can I give it to them to use?
Old Mar 31 2012, 10:02 PM

For the bait, just don't sell it all. It automatically goes to your water until you sell it. The boat needs to be owned by the employee, not the employer, so not sure why they'd get mad at you for that.
Old Apr 01 2012, 09:33 AM

You can obtain bait 2 ways. You can either receive it as a gift from a friend OR you buy the Fish Farming Plant ( Facility ) and create it. I NEVER sell my bait becuz I always seem to run so low on it. ( I have tons and tons of lakes, rivers, ponds.....)
Old Apr 01 2012, 09:59 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaLuvlyMisJ View Post
I used to always run out of fuel! One of the MOST IMPORTANT facilities to purchase is the Oil Refinery becuz there u can actually make fuel on a daily basis on top of the fuel u can get for free. Buy the Oil Pump ( tools ) and create crude barrel oil. Take the crude barrel oil and use it in the PetroChemical Plant ( facility ) to turn it into fuel canisters and then use them in the Oil Refinery to actually produce your fuel.

Just a little clarification. After you collect the crude oil from the Oil Pump, it goes to the Oil Refinery next, not the Petrochemical Plant. In the Oil Refinery, the cruide oil is made into fuel and/or petrochemical barrels. Fuel is obviously needed for the tools.

Petrochemical barrels can go to the Petrochemical Plant to make turpentine, ethanol, plastic granuales, plasticizer, nylon reel.

An Oil Pump can put one on as many of your farms as you want. The more oil pumps, the more crude oil you get. Like other facilities, only one per farm will work.
Old Apr 01 2012, 01:38 PM
Account Not Linked

The oil pumps and oil refinery was the best tool and factory that has come out on Farmtown, I never have to worry about fuel again. I have just over 1.3 million units of fuel right now, so any fuel I make now can go into my gas stations service facilities. The Oil Refinery cost FC but it is very much worth buying that factory and the Oil Pumps cost 1,000 coins each.
Old Apr 10 2012, 08:37 AM

Just got hired together with half the market place to harvest and plough a field with one wasted plot and nothing else. In that instance it is very important to find that one plot and plough it or the person can do the same thing again in a couple of minutes.
Old Apr 24 2012, 12:39 PM

I very rarely hire strangers I don't know (non-neighbours). Last time I hired someone she just stood in my farm 1 and looked and then she just disappeared again. So I had to harvest it all myself. I didn't dare to hire another stranger.
Old Apr 24 2012, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lene Bay View Post
I very rarely hire strangers I don't know (non-neighbours). Last time I hired someone she just stood in my farm 1 and looked and then she just disappeared again. So I had to harvest it all myself. I didn't dare to hire another stranger.
Chances are she never even got to your farm....she got booted before she even got there. I've had workers disappear mid harvest. It's not them...it's a glitch and they get kicked off your farm.

Also if you have a lot of things on your farms.....hundreds of animals, trees on top of fields, stuff like that she may have had trouble even loading.

For example, last night I was harvesting for a neighbor and a woman named Donna popped in. I didn't think anything of it. I figured she was working his facs. Then all of a sudden she started acting like she was harvesting or plowing. The entire farm had already been done by the time she started this. My friend saw her too.

Little funky stuff like that happens all the time. Don't let it put you off from hiring in the market place. It doesn't happen all the time.