Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Old Oct 23 2017, 11:30 AM
Account Not Linked

Default Was Farm Town more fun back in 2010?

I loved farm town when I started playing at the end of 2009 and learned a lot, hiring people to harvest my farms and giving me advice about removing my spaces between squares lol . Then later in 2010 we got the 3rd Farm, with it having to find 30 neighbours. I was putting out all kind of requests to my FB friends to find other people playing.

But has the game lost something over that time? Because our farms are now so big and we need to produce so much to keep up with everything? It is very time consuming.

I remember a time if we had too many crops in our storage we got a message to sell our crops and had to go and sell them, or lose any crops we further harvested.

A lot of my Farm Town neighbours are older, even elderly, and no longer playing. I have lost a lot of good friends that can no longer play. Makes me feel old.

Sometimes the simple things in life are the best. Keep it simple and not expect too much. Often games can become a monster of a game.

Still love the game though I have cut back on so much, simply because there is not enough time in the day for me anymore. Love much of the new things and wish they were of benefit to me.
Old Oct 23 2017, 02:52 PM

Every once in awhile I remove some neighbors who have not played in a long time, like maybe two or three years..... and then I visit the Forum and invite newer (and some long time) players to become neighbors.

Some become FT friends and the "beat goes on".

As for the huge increases in facilities, farms, etc... well, they have been more than matched with increase size and speed of tools.

I too have been playing since 2009.... and will probably be managing 75 farms at 50x50 and doubling my already large real-dollar investment in this game when 2025 rolls around.

Lots and lots of neighbors means many regular players and that means a small number of those who become friends I will probably never meet .... except down on the farm.

That's fine with me.... less Christmas presents to buy.
Old Oct 26 2017, 09:10 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to beverduster

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneFace View Post
Every once in awhile I remove some neighbors who have not played in a long time, like maybe two or three years..... and then I visit the Forum and invite newer (and some long time) players to become neighbors.

Some become FT friends and the "beat goes on".

As for the huge increases in facilities, farms, etc... well, they have been more than matched with increase size and speed of tools.

I too have been playing since 2009.... and will probably be managing 75 farms at 50x50 and doubling my already large real-dollar investment in this game when 2025 rolls around.

Lots and lots of neighbors means many regular players and that means a small number of those who become friends I will probably never meet .... except down on the farm.

That's fine with me.... less Christmas presents to buy.

just for you there will be velvet soft to the touch with lanalin toilet paper in the outhouse for ya
Old Oct 27 2017, 10:04 AM

I thought I started playing in 2009 ~ but there were already 3 farms, so...

I was going to stop buying new farms when I got to 9 ~ but, my friends/neighbors were buying each new one, so I kept up, until I stopped playing daily (or even weekly or monthly at times.)

Yes, it was more enjoyable back then; some days would like to start over again. It got so I would suggest it be called Tree Farm due to more & more trees needed for more & more stuff; seldom new crops; existing crops/trees/flowers with no use except to sell them.

I do not supersize my farms ~ when I have excess of fruit/nut trees, I sell them, so tired of chopping/shaking; ditto flowers. I have farms that are just for decorating purposes.

Maybe players have big screen computers and are able to see all of their 42 farms. I used to help/refer all requests; now a chore ~ some neighbors have, count them, 20 farms to do ~ the largest available, with not only facilities but also crops, trees, fishing water. Hiding all that stuff only slightly loads those super (and super loaded) farms more quickly.

I am not competitive enough to want to "keep up" with everything. All my crop belts are done; working on trees/flowers, but find that boring or tedious as opposed to calculating how many more crops I need for a belt.

I do like the ships (if only FT would uncheck Enable Ships,) much better than trains. The Quests are nice but hard to get 8 and 13 ever.

I wonder every day why I still play, never removed the game when I was not playing (as I have done with other games,) because it is not as much fun as it used to be.

Thanks for asking.
Old Nov 02 2017, 02:00 PM

It is much more time consuming and with many facilities it seems that no matter how many of them you have like oil refineries and paper factories there is always something that you can't make enough of no matter how hard you try or how often you fill them nor can you grow enough ingredients to fill them.

While I understand the need for Farm Cash I think this game relies too much on it. With the amount of facilities out there you have to have the turbo tools to work the facilities in one click or else you spend hours just filling and cashing out your facilities. I know because I used to spend two hours on my facilities before I cracked down and bought the turbo tools. Without a load of trains to cut down the workload it's takes hours to work neighbors facilities one click at a time. I'm sure many people who are on fixed incomes can't afford FC and eventually quit because they don't have several hours a day to spend on one aspect of a game.

Last edited by ccheney; Nov 17 2017 at 01:04 PM.
Old Nov 03 2017, 04:31 PM
Account Not Linked

I think it's still fun -- and requires more strategy -- than when I started (I think in 2009). I remember spending hours on spreadsheets and calculations. Thankfully THAT's not necessary anymore! :-D

I was just thinking the other day that I don't even know what facilities I have or what they produce. That, too, is made simpler by the Facility Manager and other tricks and treats that I greatly appreciate (listing by not owned, or not on this farm is a huge help!), but when things were smaller, I knew exactly where my facilities were and what they did. I don't really know if I miss that or not -- but it's almost like putting a big part of the game on auto-pilot?

As far as the game being too big with many, many, many farms making it difficult to work them in an hour or so per day: I do remember when they first started adding the additional farms that there was an admonition to keep in mind more farms mean more time devoted to the game. When it gets too time consuming, I just retire a few -- only crops need an watchful eye. I just don't plant those on the extra farms for awhile until I can afford the time.

I'm concerned about the increase in FC items for a lot of different reasons. Often I can't afford the new stuff, but I can't buy a Mercedes or a $1,000 smart phone next week, either. (Can you believe people actually pay that?!?!) Until recently, a $40 investment in the game would cover FC facilities for a couple of months. Now that there are four or five of them, instead of two, and the FC cost for each new item goes up, it's a different story. The Oil Factory is 12 FC. The newer ones are as much as 32. Inflation. :-D

I get bummed when I can't get the new stuff, but that's not my biggest concern. It seems that the actual dollar cost for doing everything in this game has really gotten high. The new features seemed centered around sales.

While I understand that people like to get paid for their work, and site resources aren't free, and anyone in business is doing it to make a profit, why has the game gotten so expensive? Does Slashkey have financial problems? There! I said it!

The game certainly isn't one of the most popular ones on FB -- though I don't understand why! LOL! Perhaps more server resources are required, for instance, for all the new farms, which are coming out more frequently, and the people who ARE playing are using much more bandwidth than what was required when FT was more popular? Hopefully, the Devs are being paid nicely! :-)

Of course I don't know the answer, and certainly one won't be forthcoming, but I am concerned that there are money worries and it's possible we might lose the game altogether. :-(
Old Nov 03 2017, 07:41 PM

I started playing when lever 32 was the highest level and grapes was the way to level up, now we have loads of farms and coins, that's why I left about 4 yrs ago and now playing daily for the last week, I don't use the market for work as I work my own farms till I get new neighbours as I offer them work before the market, I liked the old days better than now
Old Nov 04 2017, 12:58 PM

i love farmtown.i just wish they had not went from 4 faciiltys to 6 facilitys .it making it harder on me and lots of others .i buy cash but now its to buy it more often so my husband wants me to stop playing .we do not need more land the farms are big enough.more farms be ok .please do not go bigger .we cannot see whole farms now have to move them around to see everything.cannot do the new chains because have to own 2 facilitys .that be double amt on farms people will complain more about farms loading slow because of 2 times as many facilitys on a farm.i have played since april 2009.spent lot of cash on this game.i thinking about quiting after all theses years unless they stop making farms larger .stop giving us 6 facilitys to buy each month.also i think its time we get 4 dollars for doing the quest each week.lots of work to do them just to make 2 dollars. i will still buy cash but not every month.lots of players will stop playijng if things do not change. i am not able to start more games to get farm cash like lots of the players do and i think that is wrong for people to do it that way.
Old Nov 14 2017, 09:05 AM
Account Not Linked

More enjoyable back then? Depends how you play. Looking at my facebook account I started in 2009, and probably got sucked in to FT the first time someone sent me a chicken for a farm I didn't have.
There was just one farm, highest level was 30, there was no fuel nor planter or combines, when you got up to pumpkins you knew you had it made and there was just the cabin and mansion to choose from. Trees were just decoration, because there were no facilities.

Clamoring for jobs was fun, we had a great time racing to harvest because again, there were no tools, no layered plots.

I recall the fuel coming in, and the planter, and then up to three plots/farms. I walked away for a few years because it relied on help to do anything and the business/facility aspect of the game made it almost as much work as a real farm. I think I made it to level 100-ish at the time.

So, years later I came back to the game on my terms. I have no facilities(they don't belong in a farm sim game) and just plant and harvest when I like, plant what I like. I enjoy the game this way. It still never made back the fun or friends aspect of 2009 though.
They went zynga style cash grab long ago. If you play in to that, it is up to you.
Old Nov 17 2017, 01:15 PM

Another thing that is frustrating is because we need such ridiculous amounts of ingredients and facilities to get these ingredients we need to be able to expand our farms yet expanding our farms to grow what we need or have the space for the facilities is cost prohibitive. I have 27 farms and none of them are supersized. My largest is 32x32. 15- 20 billion coins to expand is ridiculous.