Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old May 03 2023, 12:34 AM

Default Farmtown.com

Hi. I am trying to load Farmtown.com onto my IPad because I will be gone for a few days, but its not loading. I can't go through FB because apparently they are behind on updates, so this newest update of IPad will not play the older version of Facebook. Do you have any idea how to fix this? I haven't tried to go on line separately with my computer to see if it even works but I will, otherwise, this could present a problem for FT players in the future when FB kicks us off permanently. Thank you very much for your help.
Old May 03 2023, 08:23 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpjones7 View Post
Hi. I am trying to load Farmtown.com onto my IPad because I will be gone for a few days, but its not loading. I can't go through FB because apparently they are behind on updates, so this newest update of IPad will not play the older version of Facebook. Do you have any idea how to fix this? I haven't tried to go on line separately with my computer to see if it even works but I will, otherwise, this could present a problem for FT players in the future when FB kicks us off permanently. Thank you very much for your help.
Hi gpjones7,

I am sorry but the game was never designed to be able to play on mobile devices even though we know many have been able to in the past and some may still be able to now.

The first thing you should try is logging into the website on your computer to make sure your login details are working fine, before you try logging into the website on a mobile device.

Mobile devices can find loading heavy farms impossible to load, you may want to try setting a farm to default that has the least amount on it, is the smallest size and you may want to remove all the check marks to show everything on your farms so that you have far less to load before you try to load the game on a mobile device or show anything on a mobile device. Ideally you want to try the mobile device while you still have access to use a computer that can load Farm Town and see what it is that you can do on your iPad before you are away. If you find that you can play on your mobile device, check if that device is getting too warm while you play, if it does don't keep the game loaded for long as you do not want it to overheat and damage your device.

With Facebook usually you only have to log out of Facebook and log back in to get the newest update, sometimes it's clearing the browser that is required to get rid of old cookies that could be causing an issue. BUT you would need to know your log in details for Facebook before you tried that on your computer. Mobile and Tablet versions of Facebook usually require you to update the app.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old May 05 2023, 06:40 PM

Unhappy New game on slashkey--I get kicked off

I know its all brand new but when I play I get kicked off the game about once every 2 days. Anyone else? Sometimes I have to refresh when it freezes up and its not my wifi. TY
Old May 05 2023, 06:50 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyPower View Post
I know its all brand new but when I play I get kicked off the game about once every 2 days. Anyone else? Sometimes I have to refresh when it freezes up and its not my wifi. TY
Hi JudyPower,
I moved your post to the thread about loading.

I am not sure what you mean by being kicked off. Are you leaving your game open all the time, never closing it? There isn't anything in the game that will time out and kick you off of the game. The only timer is the 10 minute inactivity all that does is disconnect you from the server putting you off line, but does not kick you out making you to have to log in again.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old May 06 2023, 11:40 AM

i'm not sure if this is the right place for my problem....
i have no problem getting onto my farm via FB but it won't load when i try through Farmtown.com. i always get the same error. please see image
what can i do to solve the problem besides clearing browser- and memcache, hard reboot of pc after clean up.
thanks for your help <3
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FT_FT_login_Screenshot 2023-05-06 122929.jpg (88.1 KB, 7 views)
Old May 06 2023, 11:52 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonalm View Post
i'm not sure if this is the right place for my problem....
i have no problem getting onto my farm via FB but it won't load when i try through Farmtown.com. i always get the same error. please see image
what can i do to solve the problem besides clearing browser- and memcache, hard reboot of pc after clean up.
thanks for your help <3
Hi Vonalm,
I moved your post to the Help & Support thread about loading problems as this has nothing to do with the current release.
Make sure your browser and computer are up to date. If you have to do any updates be sure you restart your computer for them to take affect.

Then try all the suggestions in the first post of this thread.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old May 06 2023, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Vonalm,
Then try all the suggestions in the first post of this thread.
thanks Taz <3
after checking everything, i found that this was the problem ;o)
Quote:
WegGL 2.0 Support with Hardware Acceleration enabled. Software only acceleration or Google SwiftShader can slowdown the game. Check this video for instructions on how to enable Hardware Acceleration in the Chrome browser: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4F6ix4FhgKA
Old May 19 2023, 12:17 AM

Default Enough of the childish behaviour

I have had enough of the childishness. Can someone please do away with the freeze timer on my game ?! Freezing every 10 seconds for up to a minute or longer, getting booted, freezing my my chat. enough already prove to me you can fix the game rather than showing me you can mess it up ! This has been going on since Slashkey took over. I've been playing since day one, used to be a relaxing game for me.
Old May 19 2023, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyConnolly View Post
I have had enough of the childishness. Can someone please do away with the freeze timer on my game ?! Freezing every 10 seconds for up to a minute or longer, getting booted, freezing my my chat. enough already prove to me you can fix the game rather than showing me you can mess it up ! This has been going on since Slashkey took over. I've been playing since day one, used to be a relaxing game for me.
Hi Billy

I moved your post to the thread for your problem.

Please go to the first post, first page of this thread and follow all the suggestions given there. You need to try them all and one by one.

If after trying them all, you still have problems, then please contact Support team.
To contact them click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Please include all details about your problem so you can get help faster. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/settings2/support/

You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then check your spam folder as sometimes those emails get classified as spam.

If you are having a problem getting responses from Support please read the information in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=644366
Old May 19 2023, 10:20 AM

Hi, I've been happily harvesting and planting on my farm on the new website version today, and the all of a sudden the screen goes black and I get a message up to say that something doesn't support web gl something or other. It's happened twice and each time I logged out and then logged back in and all was ok. Is it timing me out or something ? Anyhoo, I thought you ought to know.

Tags
cannot load game, farm not loading, farm town not loading, frequent crashes, game freezes, green screen, loading issues, saving data, u00, webgl, white screen, x025, x025 error