Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 22 2009, 10:09 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

I have been playing this game now for some time. I created 3 e-mail accounts to have more farms and players to play with. i am on levels 60(2 farms), 48(2 farms) and 30 respecively.

I ENJOYED THIS GAME

This new way of harvesting and plowing took the FUN of the game away. Because I was experienced and had a lot of practice, I could click the whole farm, "ardarly" I must say, and the while I was waiting for it to complete, I chated and meat the other people on the farms. I could get up and get tee or coffee or go and answer nature's calls.
NOW THIS IS ALL GONE
Yes, I do notice that "HILLBILLY" plowing and harvesting has been eliminated, THANK YOU, but it took the social side of it away.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Dec 22 2009, 10:09 PM

Can't wait to see the fire button get implimented. Then we can see everyone coming in to complain about the very thing they were asking for coming back to bite them on the butt when people fire workers for the fun of it. If people get a kick out of overhiring then they sure as the day is long will with firing for fun.
Old Dec 22 2009, 10:10 PM

Level:
XP:

BAD< BAD BAD change

Visit 's Farm

Old Dec 22 2009, 10:11 PM

I LOVE IT!!! And I wasn't even one that was still losing points and coins!

I usually check the forum for any updates before I start working but forgot tonight. Got hired on a 24x24 sugar cane farm. Noticed the difference on about the second click.....when nothing happened. I'd gone all the way to the top corner for my first click so had to wait for the avatar.

First thought? Dang!! something happened to my preferences....checked....nope everything okay there. Second thought? Man this is slow. By the time I got through the first 30 fields I realized my speed was almost what it had been and I could see what had been done immediately.

Then another farmer arrived to harvest and I figured the "war was on"....but it wasn't. It was such a pleasant harvest!! Ended up with two buddies out of the experience.....a little over 50% of the harvest and we split the plowing. Gee.....isn't that the way it used to be MINUS the avatar taking looooong walks around the farm to get to the next plot?

Bestest change!! Now....if you could just get rid of that red/green square when we plow on others farms.

Thanks to everyone that made this release happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carole's Tree Heaven = http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?farm_id=1625093603
(we hope! )
Old Dec 22 2009, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katrina719 View Post

I am so glad that these idiots with their cheating programs racing to level 60 just because, are over and done with.
I got to level 60 without any cheating programs, just like the majority of the people on here. Don't assume that anyone who's gotten to level 60 cheated. If you knew anyting about "cheating programs" you would know that they are very complex and the majority of the people playing would not have them.
Old Dec 22 2009, 10:12 PM

Level:
XP:
Send a message via Yahoo to lcswdonna

I realize that it was broken and was one of the ones complaining about lost exp points, but this is very difficult. I am hoping that I will get used to it. It may just be an artifact of comfort in familiarity, but thus far I really hate it. Thanks for your efforts though, it is greatly appreciated.

Visit 's Farm

Default Waste of Time

I have just harvested and plowed a crop of 553 plots, that i have done nearly 70 time in the past 4 months. What should have only taken me 15 to 17 minutes (including chat time) for both jobs just took me 51 minutes. THIS IS A WASTE OF TIME. If and that's a big IF, i ever lost a few coins or some xps, it was worth it to be able to get onto the next job. I can't believe i ever lost anything because i always waited until my account was savable before leaving a farm.
I wouldn't blame anyone for doing their own farms with the tractors that we can purchase. (It'll save us a bunch of time, and that's what i plan on doing, even though i will lose the premium amount of coins)
This is a horrible upgrade!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katrina719 View Post
I only read a few posts here tonight and I can understand the frustration of many people.

I was hired tonight to plow... and once i got to the job along with 4-5 others, i went to sort of make a separation between me and them... I clicked the way I always did, and seeing "something wrong" I left the job.

Next job I realized what was happening. I must tell you that I adopted very quickly, and thought of many reasons that this was done...

I might be off base but one thing that came to mind was the cheating programs, the cheaters who plowed a whole field with random clicks, and those who hogged what they could of a job, with no regard for others.

True it's a game and it's dog eat dog... but I was not having fun while I watched a whole field get devoured by a plow program in 20 seconds.

I WELCOME THE CHANGE !

Slow? I don't think so... it was way slow when I had to walk each and every block of harvest and or plow... THAT was slow. It has nothing to do with fast or slow computers... and no more SAVE hoping to keep your points and Xps... you earn as you work. I like that.

I always harvested and plowed in rows... neat . Cause it took the same amount of clicks to do neat as to be all over the place.

I WELCOME THE CHANGE !

I work on the block next to me or one over... bing- bang- zoom... Job done faster than before.

Is there any change for the better approved by all? No, and it will never be.

Get used to it... threatening to leave does nothing.

I am so glad that these idiots with their cheating programs racing to level 60 just because, are over and done with.

Bravo to the developers whose job is amazing !! I can't please my boss... let alone millions of people!
Again, I would say the right way to fix all the problems you mentioned is to limit the number of employees per farm, instead of slowing the work down. It eliminates the problem of hogging other people's harvest/plow, and who cares who use cheat programmes if there is no competition in a field? Employers will even be glad that fields are being plowed so quickly.

On a further note, how is it possible to distinguish cheaters from fast plowers? The speed of the fastest plower I've ever seen is quite reasonable i.e. reachable by manual clicking if the computer is good enough.
Account Not Linked

if farm town does not get any better becouse the changes i will be forced to start playing farmville ,and i would had to do that becouse i liked farmtown and the time i had invested into farmtown would be wasted!!!
Old Dec 22 2009, 10:13 PM

Level:
XP:

Change it back..this is awful, slow and frustrating!!!!! Its no fun this way..I will quit playing ! Thanks Sandi

Visit 's Farm

Closed Thread