Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 22 2009, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckcbr View Post
Please change harvest and plow back to the old way!!!new way is so stupid and slow,,,everyone at the market is complaing about it and for a good reason, It is not good and who ever came up with this should be fired !!!
They should be fired because they're trying to improve the game for ALL? Yeah that works. Thank goodness you're not running Slashkey eh?
Old Dec 22 2009, 09:55 PM

Dear Developers:

I love the game (level 60 with two full size farms). I play every day and appreciate all you have done to make FT a great game. I have read every single post here tonight.

Your fix seems to have caused more problems than the lost xps. I used to be able to tell what I had harvested or plowed and could judge once the points had calulated that I was done and could leave the farm. Now I have no idea if I'm even close to being done. Before the farmer doing the hiring could see the harvest disappear first. Now the harvester sees all the plots harvested before they are really done. Likewise the plowing.

I will still play the game because I do love it - but please change it back. The people who don't like sharing the field with others can leave. The people who threaten to leave the game can leave. There are so many of us that just want to have fun here. I enjoy socializing after I have clicked the plots. Now I am forced to deal with the "sorry I'm busy" notice.

We are begging you to change it back.
Old Dec 22 2009, 09:56 PM
Account Not Linked

Default Preblem with new release of Dec 22nd

It is appreciated about the Xp and all that but for us that do not have high speed ... it just got much worse .. When there is someone else with me in the field forget it I can't do anything ..even alone it is hell... I had just re started to play again after many weeks of absence .. well guess what I am gone again ... It is a game after all and I do not want to be frustrated because I cannot do anything... May as weel play something else ...

Angry This is HORRIBLE!!!!

I have not had a problem with losing XP in quite some time. As soon as the XP were tallied at the time we clicked a plot, the problem went away.
This new "improvement" is horrible! It takes some getting used to in order to click and not lose your mind; however, I have not been able to finish a job yet. I harvest about 50 crops and then lose my connection. This has happened on the last seven jobs I have been hired to do. I would lose my connection before, but only randomly. This is EVERY job I have been hired to do since this update!
I have never been so frustrated with a game! I don't think I will be playing this one anymore. I can't get anyone to hire me to plow (which is what I need to do to level up) because I can't finish harvesting!
Account Not Linked

Default Update

I kept thinking something was wrong with my computer until I checked the forum. I just got cured from my addiction. Like many others have posted. This ruined the game for me.

I am very fast and curteous. I work with a friend most of the time and we cannot get one field done in the time it used to take us to do 3! We WON'T be playing anymore!!!!

We are both Level 60 farmers with over 4m each. There are a group of 8 of us who will no longer be playing unless harvesting and plowing are changed back. We HATE this!
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom95210 View Post
Well YAY!! For you!

But for the rest of us non slowpokes, this just BLOWS!!
I agree, many folk will quite the game, don't have time for "slow pokes"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzw00dy View Post
I will have to quit then...I understand...I didn't mind the XP thing...but two hours to harevest a field is not going to work...It was fun when you could fit it into a few breaks but this is not at all fun now. Thanks for the nice time, but this was a great game and one I could enjoy. The teleport does not work at all. I had to go back three or four times per fielld to try again. Oh well it was fun while it lasted.
Yup, I don't think I like the new way. I don't mind some of the parts but I can't get anyone hired. I click on them, they accept and i end up at my farm and wait... I waited 30 minutes once just to see.. finally went back to rehire and that person made it and we had fun but my gosh,,,, almost an hour spent harvesting one farm and replowing... it used to take only 15 or 20 minutes... I'd rather just hire one person at a time... and let em rack up points... it takes a lot to make me disgruntled but I'm getting there real fast. I guess I don't HAVE to play this game.. there ARE others... I just wonder how your going to answer to your advertisers....
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

All I can say is I'm glad I'm level 60. To paraphrase Scarlett O'Hara "with God as my witness I'll never plow again"

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Dec 22 2009, 09:59 PM
Account Not Linked

my only complaint is that now i get a message saying my session has timed out. I am clearly still active on the page, and i have to wait a period of time or get rehired to continue harvesting (i have not experienced this message while plowing). Any one else encounter this problem?
Old Dec 22 2009, 09:59 PM

I really liked the way it was before. Losing points didn't happen all that often, and now plowing or harvesting is so slow and awkward that it's just about not worth it. The entire process way too long and really makes the game a lot more hassle than it's worth. Please change it back to the way it was before the last update.
Closed Thread