October feedback contest -

i think generally i feel , it is a good time for Halloween as it is a
month of October , here is my ratings in term of FT contest Rules -

clarifications - 9/10
questions - 10/10
Power of theme title 10/10
WOW factor for members 8/10
others i didn't mentioned 7/10

I will usually give a ratings for feedback .
Old Oct 04 2014, 02:35 AM

I looked over the winners for last month's contest .... BEAUTIFUL pictures-the entrants are very talented .... but I noticed that not one of the five had any crops growing .... the pics submitted are astounding landscapes .... but not so much 'farms' ..... just thought it strange ! MANY entries had no crops at all .... or any barns or such .... maybe next time or the time after I might try to enter again, knowing I really don't need to create a 'farm'.
Old Oct 05 2014, 11:05 AM
Account Not Linked

I felt that we were "suppose" to have a 'farm', as Queen of Clutter mentioned. Also, within the rules were ....."if" there are crops, ect. Since I had chosen a Spring season, I wanted my fields to be in the process of being planted. The little garden had it's workers out with garden tools, ect. The fields also showed they were planting. The seeder truck was out, and a pickup truck, and a few workers. As always, I had fun creating, and I do a lot of it with my other "farms" without crops. Maybe I could call them my "properties"...lol...Maybe during a future contest there will be within the rules..."no crops"....who knows. And that will be fun too. Whatever the outcome, the end result has always been to visit those beautiful farms. I like to visit them in full screen. Just awesome.
Old Oct 07 2014, 11:50 AM

I too have a question about the contests. There is amazing talent out there; those that really do like a graphic art design, rather than making a farm. Does that make sense? I feel I'm pretty creative, but always sigh when I see the dramatic graphic art displays. To 'me', it just doesn't feel right and always far exceed what I can do. I do farms, not graphic art displays.(And for those who 'do' graphic arts, please don't be offended, they're beautiful; I enjoy seeing all the talent out there). But maybe the contest should be divided up, like farm scenes, graphic art themes, something like that perhaps?
Old Oct 11 2014, 10:33 PM
Account Not Linked

Heavens! Don't think I want to change any rules...as my farm is already entered! Just a thought I had for NEXT year maybe...around the October/Halloween time...I think dead crops would be awesome I thought about a dead corn maze...but the rules stated no wasted crops. It's just an idea
Old Nov 03 2014, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgdollmom54 View Post
I too have a question about the contests. There is amazing talent out there; those that really do like a graphic art design, rather than making a farm. Does that make sense? I feel I'm pretty creative, but always sigh when I see the dramatic graphic art displays. To 'me', it just doesn't feel right and always far exceed what I can do. I do farms, not graphic art displays.(And for those who 'do' graphic arts, please don't be offended, they're beautiful; I enjoy seeing all the talent out there). But maybe the contest should be divided up, like farm scenes, graphic art themes, something like that perhaps?
I agree. I can never compete, nor will I, in a contest geared for those who do these graphic art displays. It leaves many of us in the dust. I'll sit back and wait until another contest comes along that I feel is geared towards players who aren't that artistically talented. Or, at least as stated above, a contest divided up into categories. I do look forward to the entries as they will be spectacular.
Old Nov 03 2014, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugged Barbie View Post
I agree. I can never compete, nor will I, in a contest geared for those who do these graphic art displays. It leaves many of us in the dust. I'll sit back and wait until another contest comes along that I feel is geared towards players who aren't that artistically talented. Or, at least as stated above, a contest divided up into categories. I do look forward to the entries as they will be spectacular.
Hi Barbie,

I found that the guides done by seraphina hare really great, and if i can do one, anyone can. I gave them a go... and i really surprised myself. Trust me

Seraphina has made them look easy if you follow her instructions

I would give it a shot

How to manually link your Farm to the forum

Contact Support

Old Nov 03 2014, 03:35 PM

To clarify the Voting process of the Forum Competitions. With regard to "member voting". We previously tried this, and the result was that many members, used their "influence" to get many of their friends to vote for them, leaving those with less friends, way behind, which meant that it was not necessarily the best farms, that had won. This method proved to be far from fair and "non biased, and is in fact, the sole reason why the competitions were abandoned, nearly two years ago.

The judging of the competition, is monitored by Slashkey, making the results totally unbiased, regardless of any outside influences. Therefore, the way the competitions are judged, WILL remain as it is. Member voting was proved to be very prejudicial and unfair, and this way of deciding the winners of the Forum Competitions, brought about the end of the competitions last time. We do not intend to let the same thing happen again.

How to manually link your Farm to the forum

Contact Support

Old Nov 03 2014, 05:46 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob T View Post
To clarify the Voting process of the Forum Competitions. With regard to "member voting". We previously tried this, and the result was that many members, used their "influence" to get many of their friends to vote for them, leaving those with less friends, way behind, which meant that it was not necessarily the best farms, that had won. This method proved to be far from fair and "non biased, and is in fact, the sole reason why the competitions were abandoned, nearly two years ago.

The judging of the competition, is monitored by Slashkey, making the results totally unbiased, regardless of any outside influences. Therefore, the way the competitions are judged, WILL remain as it is. Member voting was proved to be very prejudicial and unfair, and this way of deciding the winners of the Forum Competitions, brought about the end of the competitions last time. We do not intend to let the same thing happen again.
that's too bad, it would be fun to vote. i do understand how it would be wrecked by cheaters and support your decision (not that you need my support but i thought i'd say so anyways)
Old Nov 03 2014, 06:53 PM
Seraphina Warrior
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eradani View Post
that's too bad, it would be fun to vote. i do understand how it would be wrecked by cheaters and support your decision (not that you need my support but i thought i'd say so anyways)
Hi Eradani, Your support is very much appreciated, and we Thank you!