Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Old Jan 28 2012, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcassemjr View Post
By opting out or refuse, are you saying that you should be given a different quest to see if you can do that one as well? Because, if that is what you are asking for, I could see that there would be players that sit there refusing quest after quest until there is one with everything that they have ready to harvest, and room to start in their facilities, so that they could rush through it to get a higher bonus.

As players, many of us were asking for a new, challenging dynamic to the game. And I think the quests are just such an item. I think for those without some of the facilities will be be challenged to get those facilities. Some players will spend some real currency to get Farm Coins for some of the facilities they don't have, so that they can participate in the quests. But it will be their choice if they want to alter they way they choose to play to participate.

No that is not what I am saying, not as a general rule. But on the ones that require FC items we should be able to request an optional quest for ones we own, or just let it expire without penalizing us.
I to was asking for a challenge, and if your reread my original post you will see I said how much I was looking forward to it. And still do, that was my point.
I think you are missing the point about the FC items. Some people simply dont have the money at a given time to put into, and the quest expire before they do.
It is everyone choice how they play, but if they don't have the money then they don't have the choice and are being penalized.
Happy Farming!
Old Jan 28 2012, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl View Post
I think you are missing the point about the FC items. Some people simply dont have the money at a given time to put into, and the quest expire before they do.
It is everyone choice how they play, but if they don't have the money then they don't have the choice and are being penalized.
Happy Farming!
What penalty are you getting hit with? Are they taking coins or your farm cash away because you cannot complete a Quest? In football, a penalty cost loss of yards, in basket ball your opponent gets free throws. I don't see a penalty being imposed here.

Is it unfair in the game of Monopoly if you are sent to jail that there isn't a set of dice that Parker Brother's gives to every players that will always roll a set of doubles to get out? Or that they don't give every player all the money they would need to buy every property on the board with all of the hotels?

As for players not having real cash to spend on the game, there are still surveys and other items one can do to earn FB credits, with will allow them to be converted into Farm Cash. I'm sure if most people that really want to have farm cash could find $0.67USD a day to be able to buy 120 Farm Cash a month.

I know you have said that you have spent real money on the game, many of the advanced players have. Shouldn't there be some reward or advantage for those players? The players that have and continue to buy Farm Cash are the ones paying for the game to exist.

---Jerry

Farmtown: Where everyone can play the way they want to play, and still enjoy a great game together!

My Quest Plot Farm
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...1897&farm_ix=2
Old Jan 28 2012, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcassemjr View Post
What penalty are you getting hit with? Are they taking coins or your farm cash away because you cannot complete a Quest? In football, a penalty cost loss of yards, in basket ball your opponent gets free throws. I don't see a penalty being imposed here.

Is it unfair in the game of Monopoly if you are sent to jail that there isn't a set of dice that Parker Brother's gives to every players that will always roll a set of doubles to get out? Or that they don't give every player all the money they would need to buy every property on the board with all of the hotels?

As for players not having real cash to spend on the game, there are still surveys and other items one can do to earn FB credits, with will allow them to be converted into Farm Cash. I'm sure if most people that really want to have farm cash could find $0.67USD a day to be able to buy 120 Farm Cash a month.

I know you have said that you have spent real money on the game, many of the advanced players have. Shouldn't there be some reward or advantage for those players? The players that have and continue to buy Farm Cash are the ones paying for the game to exist.

Ok you can have the last word. I started this on a light note, even poking fun at myself. Whatever. You totally missed my point!

The penalty I am referring to is the information that was given saying some future rewards would be based on how many quest a person completes.

I think spending real money on FC comes under the heading of playing the game like one chooses. I have supported and will continue to support the Dev and this game. Last word... Im going to play!
Old Jan 28 2012, 12:50 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:
Default Quest Planting ??

Hi Everyone ,,, I just 'found' the quests awhile ago and I'm now doing my 1st > the Petro one

.... I 've been reading everyone's posts and I've decided I'll make one farm a Quest crop farm and plant a bunch of small plots of all the different crops .....

What is the Highest number of plots per crop so far

I will really appreciate any feed back so I can plan on how to do my plots ... x 9's or 16's or 25's or a mix ...

Oh the planning
Old Jan 28 2012, 01:24 PM
Account Not Linked

Hi!

So far the highest number I have had is 10 wheat.
I like your idea along with another I saw to plant a few of each tree needed... oh the ideas going through my brain lol

Serenity Farms http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...8514&farm_ix=0
Old Jan 28 2012, 03:05 PM

Send a message via MSN to eleflump Send a message via Yahoo to eleflump

i want to moan about not being able to do quest too... only my problem is no matter how many maple trees i chop down they wont register!!!
Old Jan 28 2012, 06:08 PM

Yes, I would think 10 would be a good number, especially when it comes to corn, sugarcane and wheat since all of these require 10 to start a unit (for corn flour, sugar and flour). The only one I've needed so far that took 10, was wheat for making flour but I imagine if I come across one that requires sugar or corn flour, that it will also need 10 harvests. I keep wheat planted every day so that's not really too much of a problem and the same with sugarcane. However, I don't plant corn every day so I may keep 10 or so of those going. I planted a few trees in groups of five and hopefully, that will take care of any tree harvests that I need. And I'm keeping a mineral mine and open pit mine in storage and just taking them out when the quest calls for something from them. I keep my others in full production all the time and this way, I won't have to wait a long time for whatever I need. I ran into that with my first quest because it required something from one of the mines and they were already in full production. So far, I've enjoyed the quests and think they'll be even more fun when they open up some of the other features they mentioned.....like others helping, for instance.
Old Jan 28 2012, 06:24 PM

I see your point, dixiegirl. A player shouldn't be required to have FC facilities to do the quests. That will only alienate players that can't afford them or chose not to purchase them.

I haven't done any quests that involve trees yet but I don't think we should have to plant trees for a quest when we already have dozens, or in my case, hundreds of most of the important trees.

I'm sure the quests will change and evolve over time and many of the kinks will be worked out.
Old Jan 28 2012, 06:41 PM

Send a message via MSN to eleflump Send a message via Yahoo to eleflump
Default cant do quest as trees dont register

Hi harvest moon yes I tried buying new trees and chopping those after the first couple of hundred didnt register lol but that made no difference either. Wull try agaun tomorrow once they regrow.i also used the axe not chainsaw though a friend had pine quest yesterday and used chainsaw and it worked so might try that if its still not working. Failing all of that I guess i,ll just have to wait 4 days for time to run out,and hope I have better luck on next one lol happy farming:-D