Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Sep 07 2019, 04:03 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danker View Post
Hi,

Since a couple of weeks, Farm Town is not running as it should.
1) Gifting is a mess, not only shrinking windows in certain browsers but also "nothing shows up" after selecting a gift and "proceed".
2) Posting facilities in Chrome is not possible. It needs Firefox or Opera to do that
3) Boosting trains doesn't work
4) Receiving gifts is not possible (in all browsers). It may work once, but to go on receiving gifts you'd have to restart the computer

I realize that most of this is Facebook related, and I also realize that people are working on fixes. Why does it take so long?
Hi Danker,

I have moved your post to the thread about one of the issues you are having.

We can not give you details on why Facebook are taking so long to fix the shrinking window. They do not give out any information on why it broke again or how long it's going to take them to fix it this time. All they have said is that a team are assigned to it and they are waiting on an update from that team. That team has to be able reproduce the problem then find what broke it, then fix it without breaking something else in the process and we have no way of knowing how difficult that may be. If it was a simple fix I'm sure they would have done it by now.

The game developers are still looking for a workaround for the shrinking window and trying to find what caused the issue with the stuck gifts. Please see the following post about the stuck gifts. Specifically look at what is listed for Issue 4 and see if you can clear out the stuck gifts that way. However if it does clear them and then happens again, you will have to continue doing that when you get more gifts until this can be fixed. If that does not work for you you need to read the information at the bottom of that post and supply what is requested for the developers to see:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=642706

Regarding not being able to accept more than one page of gifts. As you have stuck gifts, you are probably getting to the ones that are stuck, those are gifts that have already been accepted so you do not get anything for those and as they are not clearing you can not get the gifts past those. Try the method in the post I have given you and see if you can clear them out. You should not have to restart your computer. If you can't click on My Requests again to get to more gifts you should only have to close the tab that the game is open in and then open a new tab, but if those new gifts you see are the stuck ones you will still see them if you can not clear them.

There is a window when sending gifts from Firefox you can use to send gifts, but it does not have the all the options for sending that the normal way does that is currently shrinking in the other browsers. At this time there is no workaround for the other browsers that will give all the options we normally have.

Train boosting was fixed 2 days ago with a workaround, a new window that does not shrink so you should at least be able to do that. If you have not tried recently please try it again and see if you get a window that does not shrink. Check all your browser and see if ti is still shrinking in all of them, if it is you need to report that to support as it should be fixed.

We have no-one else reporting that they can not post using Chrome. Several of us are using Chrome and not having any issues posting using it. Please check if your version of Chrome needs updating and then then also check if cookies and pops are still allowed in that browser. If any settings have changed, which can happen after a browser update sometimes, then you need to add them back. The posting windows are popup windows. If you still get problems with posting after that you might want to try uninstalling that browser and getting a new copy of it.

Last edited by Tiger; Sep 07 2019 at 04:16 AM.
Old Sep 07 2019, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danker View Post
Hi,

Since a couple of weeks, Farm Town is not running as it should.
1) Gifting is a mess, not only shrinking windows in certain browsers but also "nothing shows up" after selecting a gift and "proceed".
2) Posting facilities in Chrome is not possible. It needs Firefox or Opera to do that
3) Boosting trains doesn't work
4) Receiving gifts is not possible (in all browsers). It may work once, but to go on receiving gifts you'd have to restart the computer

I realize that most of this is Facebook related, and I also realize that people are working on fixes. Why does it take so long?
I use Opera and can accept gifts in bulk and return them the normal way. I never have to restart my game, browser or computer. I can also boost trains. I think it is somewhat different for different people.
Old Sep 07 2019, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
UPDATE SEPT 6TH - Returning gifts

Returning gifts seems to be working again for some, hopefully if you do not have the fix yet, you will be getting it soon. Please report back when you see it is fixed for you as well.

Shrinking window is still not fixed yet. Sorry folks. All we can tell you is that Facebook are working on it. Please report back if you see it fixed for you.

Thank you!

Just reporting that it seems to be fixed for me...I am in Ontario and use the AVG secure browser.
Old Sep 09 2019, 07:12 AM

Is there a way to gift products to another farmer? Like Tuna? I've sold it to him, but since he needs it for a quest, he said I have to gift it.

Also, is there a way to gift something from the stores to another farmer?
Old Sep 09 2019, 07:59 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJones277 View Post
Is there a way to gift products to another farmer? Like Tuna? I've sold it to him, but since he needs it for a quest, he said I have to gift it.

Also, is there a way to gift something from the stores to another farmer?
Hi NJones227,

Please read the following Chapter from the Game Guide to find out what products you can buy, sell or give for free to another farmer:

Chapter 10 Buying/Selling/Trading

For example you can sell Tuna the fish, but you could not sell Canned Tuna or give it for free unless you had the Food Preserve Factory for a super facility and had some to sell/give. Your friend would need to use a Lifeline to get Canned Tuna.

To help your friend with their Quest. It depends on what lifeline they have for the Quest. You can read up on Lifelines in Chapter 28 Quests in the Game Guide. Here's the one about the lifelines:
What are the lifelines?

If your friend has the Gift Lifeline for their Quest, they need to post to their timeline asking for ingredients to make something that uses the product they NEED to make that item. When you see their post requesting it, you can click on the post to send them the ingredients needed to make it.
Example:
  • If they need Tuna they could request ingredients to make canned tuna or rainbow rolls. When you send them the ingredients need to make those, it goes to their gift box in game and when they store the ingredients they would get Tuna.
  • If they needed Canned Tuna they could request ingredients to make Tuna sandwich or Nicoise Salad. When you send them ingredients to make those, it goes to their gift box in game and when they store the ingredients they would get Canned Tuna.
Your friend need to be clear about exactly which product it is that they need so they request the right item as you can only help them once every 12 hours.

If they are unsure how to request ingredients to make something in a facility they can find an example in the following post http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthr...98#post6298298
Old Sep 09 2019, 08:07 PM

sorry if asking in wrong place. I see today thar Free Gifts is back, but when I click for all 25 at once, nothing happens now. awhat am I doing wrong, please

I use google crome

Last edited by Taz D; Sep 09 2019 at 08:18 PM.
Old Sep 09 2019, 08:20 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonSue View Post
sorry if asking in wrong place. I see today thar Free Gifts is back, but when I click for all 25 at once, nothing happens now. awhat am I doing wrong, please

I use google crome
Hi SharonSue,
The free gift sites are not owned or controlled by Farm Town. If you have a problem with the site you will need to contact them.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Sep 19 2019, 11:09 AM

I have try everything to make it work, only problem is that i can't receive gifts and can send them gifts. I have pile up gifts that refuse to open for me.
Old Sep 19 2019, 11:16 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulaSeventy View Post
I have try everything to make it work, only problem is that i can't receive gifts and can send them gifts. I have pile up gifts that refuse to open for me.
Hi PaulaSeventy,
As you have said gifts are thge only thing you can't do I have moved your post to the subject thread about gifts.

What browser are you using?

Please allow cookies and pop ups in your browser. We have instructions on how to do that for several major used browsers in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=625118

If you are using Safari, IE or Edge please read the information in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=635906
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Sep 21 2019, 06:52 PM

Default Not receiving gifts

I have not received gifts from others in months. What can be done to fix this? Thank you.

Tags
blocked gifts list, can't send gifts, can't send gifts trains, cannot receive gifts, exchange gifts, gift, gift box, gift box issue, gift errors, gifting, gifts, gifts not showing up, lost gifts, not able to receive gifts, receive gifts, receiving gifts, requests, returning gifts, send gifts, sending gifts, trees disappear, unable to receive gifts, window narrows