Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Feb 13 2020, 07:19 PM

Default Tools; stages needed to upgrade working tools

Hi,

I have a problem figuring out which tools I already own, and which ones I will need to upgrade my Harvest/plow/seed tool! Is there someplace withing these postings; that explains how we can find which tools we already have, and which we, will need in order to be able to hps various #s of rows?

This has kept me from buying larger tools, because I can't figure out how much it would cost me to upgrade to the level that I want.

Can't figure out what exactly each level tool (196, 400, etc,) will do? Will it harvest multiple layered farms or not!? that kind of thing.

Appreciate any help you could give me on this,
Thanks

~ I found one page that describes tools.
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthr...46#post5152546

I have a question regarding the difference between these two;

1. Combine Harvest-Plant
2. Combine Harvest-Plant Ex

what do they do differently?
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...9540&farm_ix=Y

Last edited by Raenie; Feb 13 2020 at 07:32 PM.
Old Feb 13 2020, 07:36 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raenie View Post
Hi,

I have a problem figuring out which tools I already own, and which ones I will need to upgrade my Harvest/plow/seed tool! Is there someplace withing these postings; that explains how we can find which tools we already have, and which we, will need in order to be able to hps various #s of rows?

This has kept me from buying larger tools, because I can't figure out how much it would cost me to upgrade to the level that I want.

Can't figure out what exactly each level tool (196, 400, etc,) will do? Will it harvest multiple layered farms or not!? that kind of thing.

Appreciate any help you could give me on this,
Thanks
Hi Raenie,
I have moved your post to the Help & Support section subject thread about tools as you are asking questions and not making a suggestion..

You can find all the information you ask about for tools in the Game Guide chapter 21 about tools:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=489090

Additionally, you can set the funnel filter in the store to owned or not owned to see what tools you already own and which ones you do not own. In blue, below the name of the tool, it tells you how many fields it will do at once. All of the plows, harvesters and seeders have how many fields they will do labelled on them in the Toolbox. For the combines match the colors to the harvester and you will know how many fields they will do.

You can also see all the tools you own in the Item storage Tools filter as well as in the Toolbox where any tools you don't own will be greyed out with the ones you do own in the proper colors.

All the tools that are labeled as EX will harvest all the fields within a square area including any stagger layered fields.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Feb 15 2020, 10:22 AM

Default purple hand tool

trying to use it to move things from storage to place on farm. is it just for certain items or all items. example. any items under "ponds", "trees" ?
Old Feb 15 2020, 10:26 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tammyjo408 View Post
trying to use it to move things from storage to place on farm. is it just for certain items or all items. example. any items under "ponds", "trees" ?
Hi Tammyjo,
It is only for moving things in the Items side of the storage, but is not limited to ponds or trees. It can also be used to buy things in the store.
You can find all the information on those tools in the Game Guide chapter 21 about tools:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=489090
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Feb 15 2020, 10:47 AM

yes, I have been buying things and placing on farms with purple hand.
tried to remove small sea coasts from storage. but it won't let me, with or without using the purple hand. going to try another farm and see if I can get them out. if not, they can stay in storage .
Old Feb 15 2020, 10:57 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tammyjo408 View Post
yes, I have been buying things and placing on farms with purple hand.
tried to remove small sea coasts from storage. but it won't let me, with or without using the purple hand. going to try another farm and see if I can get them out. if not, they can stay in storage .
Hi Tammyjo,
With any moving from storage to the farm you do still have to have a location to set them down with nothing on it. For the purple hand it is easier because you only need one free square to be able to set the item down. But if you are trying to set the item on a heavily layered farm then there probably isn't a space for it. If the farm is plowed with staggered fields in a 9x9 pattern then the only squares not used are only on the edge.
Old Feb 15 2020, 11:24 AM

thank you. think that was my issue. I bought another farm and put them on there
Old Feb 18 2020, 04:19 PM

Default fuel

i needed to refill today .. but i feel it short changed me .. this was the smallest amount of fuel i ever got .. i see farmers at the market place saying no fuel... well i now know .. if they got short changed with fuel like i did ...we all will not have fuel .. some that i have chatted with say that it happened to them about the time we had an update .. please check on this problem . thank you
Old Feb 18 2020, 04:36 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrk352 View Post
i needed to refill today .. but i feel it short changed me .. this was the smallest amount of fuel i ever got .. i see farmers at the market place saying no fuel... well i now know .. if they got short changed with fuel like i did ...we all will not have fuel .. some that i have chatted with say that it happened to them about the time we had an update .. please check on this problem . thank you
Hi lrk,
I moved your post to the subject thread about fuel.
You refueled today and received 4,397,321,970 which is more than you are supposed to be able to get. The cutoff is supposed to be 4 billion unless the developers changed it. I can't see that you have been shorted at all.
You do have over 21,000 fuel tanks in your storage now, but I doubt you will need them for a long time.
Old Feb 18 2020, 05:31 PM

thank you for responding to my question .. if i received 4,397,321,970 fuel why does it show on my end 102,180,064 i am going by the red fuel tank under the coins farm cash?

Tags
can't refuel, combine, fertilize, fuel, gifting machines, harvest all button, harvest/plow/sow, lost fuel, manure, manure collector, manure spreader, mobile lookout, multiplanter, purple hand, refuel, tools, tools missing, tools missing when hired, tools not working