Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Old Apr 01 2011, 01:39 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoreneC View Post
If you purchase a 12x12 Farm 3, you can buy 4-8 as levels and coins allow. You do not need to max the Farm 3 size to purchase additional farms.

I imagine we can't trade coins for cash because that doesn't contribute to overhead or profit for the devs.
Only farms 1 & 2 have level requirements, farm 3 requires farm 2 & 30 neighbors all the other farms just require the farm before it.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Old Apr 01 2011, 01:48 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. H
But, a higher percentage of FV's monthly active users are playing on any given day. That indicates to me that:

a) The more frequent updates work.
b) FV players tend to be more loyal and committed to the game.
You must not plat any zynga games. The reason they have more daily players is because they have to constantly ask friends to send them things so the can build stuff or do missions. They also get rewards for playing everyday. I do not play Fv but a different zynga game gives you in game cash if you play 6 days in a row. Now I don’t want ft to be like zynga but something like that might get ft more players.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

Old Apr 01 2011, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS0643 View Post
You must not plat any zynga games. The reason they have more daily players is because they have to constantly ask friends to send them things so the can build stuff or do missions. They also get rewards for playing everyday. I do not play Fv but a different zynga game gives you in game cash if you play 6 days in a row. Now I don’t want ft to be like zynga but something like that might get ft more players.
I play both Cityville and FV, the #1 and #3 FB apps. I'm a fairly advanced player in FV but more casual in CV. Neither of them offer what I would consider major incentive to play every day. Certainly not FC.

I didn't play any Zynga games for a long time and I, like others here, was contemptuous of the constant stream of posts from some of my friends. I actually had to unblock FV to begin playing it when a very dear friend asked me to help her. What I found once I began playing was that the people that were into the game viewed all these posts quite differently. It is how they interact with their friends and neighbors. They don't look at is as badgering or a chore but rather as helping and they mostly look forward to it. Here we plow, harvest, work each others facilities to interact more directly on our farms. There the interaction is more via the feed. Different, but it works.

This game is much more flexible and works equally well, whether your aim is to accumulate points or decorate your farm in the most imaginative way. FV is much more one-dimensional, IMO. It's also and easier, simpler game. I've tried to bring people over and met with little success. Often the reaction is that it's boring or it's too much work.

I'm not suggesting FT needs to become FV, far from it, but I think some perspective is in order and I think some lessons can be learned.
Old Apr 02 2011, 12:34 AM

Default Using Farm Coins

The point of my post is I have all these coins with really nothing to do with them unless I spend some of my "real money". I understand after farm 3 I can just buy the next farms. I just wish we could have friends without going through the whole facebook thing, just be neighnors, maybe I could build up neighnbors then. But just to play a game I am pretty learly of accepting people I dont know.

WHAT IS EVERYONE ELSE DOING THAT I MAY HAVE MISSED?

Thanks for any info.
Old Apr 02 2011, 01:28 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbygirl View Post
The point of my post is I have all these coins with really nothing to do with them unless I spend some of my "real money". I understand after farm 3 I can just buy the next farms. I just wish we could have friends without going through the whole facebook thing, just be neighnors, maybe I could build up neighnbors then. But just to play a game I am pretty learly of accepting people I dont know.

Thanks for any info.
You can block people from seeing things on fb that you do not want them to see. Also once you have your 8 neighbors and all the sizes of farm 3 you can remove them and still use farm 3.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

Old Apr 02 2011, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbygirl View Post

Thanks for any info.
i added ppl just to get my farm 3 and as the other person said blocked my wall other then the factories to those ppl
Old Apr 02 2011, 03:58 PM

Love, love, love FT. Only game I play; however, I do wish I could get more than 6 blocks of cheese every six hours from my dairy plants. I have six plants and that still doesn't produce enough for my facilities. It doesn't matter how many cows I have if I cannot produce more cheese in the dairy plants. No other complaints so guess that is much, much better than most games.
Old Apr 03 2011, 12:30 AM

Unhappy New purchases

I have purchased all the facilities available to me. I am at level 93. The only thing left in facilities is farm dollars. I only earn 1 per each step up. I wonder why I purchase something and then find to use it I have to purchase something else using farm dollars. There are those who can afford to purchase farm dollars and those who cannot. Either let us trade money earned by playing for farm dollars or make the facilities now offered only farm dollars also available for coins. I wonder why people at levels above me still play, guess they can afford to purchase farm dollars. I love farm town and will continue to play however not much incentive to get higher levels to purchase facilities as there are no more, i am saving my farm dollars til I get enough to purchase something
I need like manure spreader, and petroleum what ever please give us more item to use our dollars on. thanks I have 8 farms
Old Apr 03 2011, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyfarmer View Post
I have purchased all the facilities available to me. I am at level 93. The only thing left in facilities is farm dollars. I only earn 1 per each step up. I wonder why I purchase something and then find to use it I have to purchase something else using farm dollars. There are those who can afford to purchase farm dollars and those who cannot. Either let us trade money earned by playing for farm dollars or make the facilities now offered only farm dollars also available for coins. I wonder why people at levels above me still play, guess they can afford to purchase farm dollars. I love farm town and will continue to play however not much incentive to get higher levels to purchase facilities as there are no more, i am saving my farm dollars til I get enough to purchase something
I need like manure spreader, and petroleum what ever please give us more item to use our dollars on. thanks I have 8 farms
Hello there joyfarmer

I have moved your post into this thread in 'feedback' just so we can keep better track of of these things.

And to answer your question.... That is just the way the developers developed it. But thanks for your feedback, posts like this give the devs ideas on how to best develop the game in the future.
Old Apr 03 2011, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS0643 View Post
There must be a happy medium somewhere between daily upgrades and waiting for weeks in hope of a new update. Even I, a loyal Farm Town player since almost the beginning, am beginning to wonder why I am going back each day at the moment and working my farms when there is nothing to strive for and everything to be done is 'same ol, same ol'