Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Feb 19 2024, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipassist View Post
I was trying my hand at layering and it didn't work out right. I started trying to delete stuff to get down to the plain map but I was afraid I might really mess it up so here I am asking for help. Could you just reset it back to an empty farm for me? I won't try that again. I have been looking at others farms and thought I would try it. I'm sorry.

This is my link to that farm - https://apps.slashkey.com/farmtown/p...527&farm_ix=41

Thank you for your help!
Hi Clipassist

I moved your post to the thread for your problem.

I am sorry there was nobody to answer to you earlier.

We are not able to reset a farm to an empty farm, that is something you have to do yourself.

The link you provided is for your farm 42 which has trees, crops, flowers and water items.

I visited your farm 41 and there is nothing in it, so I think you were able to delete the items placed there?
Old Feb 19 2024, 07:34 AM
Account Not Linked

No. I got the farm number wrong. It would be farm 42 instead. It is the one that is messed up. It doesn't work right. Only the chopped trees were available to work and even though there are flowers, waters, crops and harvesting trees none of that is available. Just empty farms for all of those functions. I deleted the chopped trees and started to delete the other trees but that is when I saw that the ocean was showing up.

Could someone look at farm 42 for me?

https://apps.slashkey.com/farmtown/p...527&farm_ix=41

Last edited by marymarcel; Feb 19 2024 at 07:47 AM.
Old Feb 19 2024, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipassist View Post
No. I got the farm number wrong. It would be farm 42 instead. It is the one that is messed up. It doesn't work right. Only the chopped trees were available to work and even though there are flowers, waters, crops and harvesting trees none of that is available. Just empty farms for all of those functions. I deleted the chopped trees and started to delete the other trees but that is when I saw that the ocean was showing up.

Could someone look at farm 42 for me?

https://apps.slashkey.com/farmtown/p...527&farm_ix=41
Hi Clipassist

I visited your farm 42 that is why I told you which items are placed there.

What you mean when you say that flowers, waters, trees are not available?

Non of them are ready to harvest, chop or fish, you have to wait till they are ready.

As I said in my first response to you, you need to delete those items yourself if you think you dont like the way you worked that farm.

Do not show all items at the same time. You can go to your preferences, the wrench, and put a check mark only to Show Flowers option and then click the green check mark to save changes.
Then go to your farm 42 and delete all flowers showing up. When you are done, refresh the farm and see if any other flower shows up. If so, then delete and refresh farm again till no more flowers show up.

Then uncheck Show Flowers and put a check mark in Show Trees option, click in the green check mark and do the same as you did with flowers.

Then do it for Show Ponds.

You could leave the crops on the farm till they are ready, then harvest them and delete the plots.
Dont forget to refresh the farm where you are done to see if any other item shows up.

When the farm is empty then you will be able to work them the way you want.

BTW, the correct link to your farm 42 is: https://apps.slashkey.com/farmtown/p...527&farm_ix=41
I corrected it in your last post.
Old Feb 29 2024, 10:54 AM

Default Crop Irrigator

I don't think my irrigation tool is working correctly. I planted wheat last evening (UK) around 7pm and irrigated them so they should have been ready today around 3pm but the crops still has another 10.5 hours to go!!!! When I hover over the crops it confirms that farm 45 is fertilized and irrigated. Thanks
Old Feb 29 2024, 11:04 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivienne57 View Post
I don't think my irrigation tool is working correctly. I planted wheat last evening (UK) around 7pm and irrigated them so they should have been ready today around 3pm but the crops still has another 10.5 hours to go!!!! When I hover over the crops it confirms that farm 45 is fertilized and irrigated. Thanks
Hi Vivienne,
I checked your farm an yes it does show 10.4 more hours until it is ready. I am not sure why the difference unless you didn't irrigate at the earlier time that you thought you did and irrigated later. The only other thing that can cause this is if your date/time on your computer was incorrect at the time you irrigated.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Mar 09 2024, 03:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Vivienne,
I checked your farm an yes it does show 10.4 more hours until it is ready. I am not sure why the difference unless you didn't irrigate at the earlier time that you thought you did and irrigated later. The only other thing that can cause this is if your date/time on your computer was incorrect at the time you irrigated.
Hi Taz, thanks for the response. However I have had another issue with my irrigator. I seeded 33 farms of cotton all at the same time and irrigated them all at the same time but farms 2,3 and 4 still have 6.3 hours to go but all the rest are ready. Maybe it's a glitch I don't know but I did irrigate all farms at the same time. I always wait until I have seeded the farms I want to then irrigate them all together so they are ready at the same time. I'll keep an eye on it and see if it happens again. Thanks.
Old Mar 09 2024, 03:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Vivienne,
Hi Taz, scrap that last post. I seeded 2, 3, and 4 cotton by mistake. So having 6.3 hours left is right. So sorry.
Old Mar 13 2024, 07:08 AM

Default Plow skipping sections

Farm 30 is my Quest farm which includes one "large" plot for short-term crops or Farm Pass goals. Plowing leaves a row of five unplowed on the lowest edge. The fence sections do not interfere. I can go back and am then able to plow, seed, etc. but that's a royal pain in the @^$*. Can you give any reason as to why this happens and how to correct it? Thanks a bunch.
Old Mar 13 2024, 09:23 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeemersmom View Post
Farm 30 is my Quest farm which includes one "large" plot for short-term crops or Farm Pass goals. Plowing leaves a row of five unplowed on the lowest edge. The fence sections do not interfere. I can go back and am then able to plow, seed, etc. but that's a royal pain in the @^$*. Can you give any reason as to why this happens and how to correct it? Thanks a bunch.
Hi jeemersmom,

I will try and explain it but in a nutshell it's to do with how and where you plow plots, if all the fields are lined up with each other or not, whether or not there are gaps between them, as to what size tool may work better than another. You have a combination of all of those things on that farm.

Tools like all plots to be exactly lined up with each other if you want it to get the perfect squared amount every time. For example if you used a single layer 5x5 combine, for it to work perfectly it would need to see 25 plots plowed in a 5x5 squared area and those plots need to be exactly in line with each other.

When that isn't the case and there isn't a perfect sized tool for the area you want to work on, that can cause various issues with what a tool can highlight to work on because not all the plots on the farm are exactly lined up. Bigger tools are more likely to show this up easier than smaller ones that work on smaller areas.

The size of the tool you use can make the difference on what would happen. Every tool will try to work as many plots as it can for that size. When it cant work on an amount in a squared shape due to the amount of plots left to work not fitting the exact size of the tool, that tool will still try to work on as many plots as it can, but due to them not all being aligned exactly the same, it can no longer see a perfect squared shape to work on so it can try to grab an odd amount of plots instead, and then also miss others that would normally be worked on.

What you will need to decide on if you want to keep the plots like that to that is to try the different size single layer tools you own and see if you can line up the tool so that it only grabs the lower part of that upper section first, if it will, then you work your way up the farm to harvest/plow/plant the rest of just the upper section.

If that's not suitable for what you like to do, then you could consider just removing the lower row of that upper section and see if that helps at all with the tool that you prefer to use. If it doesn't then it's likely the tool is too large and still seeing part of the bottom section.

You could also consider having a bigger gap between the upper section and the lower section. How big that gap would need to be depends on the size of the tool you want to use. The bigger the tool the bigger area it will try to work on. If it can still see some of the lower section when you use it, using a smaller size tool may be more successful.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Last edited by Tiger; Mar 13 2024 at 09:27 AM.

Tags
can't plant, can't plow, can't see crops, crop growth times, crops, farm stats, harvest, harvesting, harvesting crops, offline, plant, plow, seeding