Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Old Aug 20 2011, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmer fitchy View Post
finding it more common now since the recent upgrades of not getting the pop up saying they accept the job. so I hire someone else! I feel bad when i go back to the famr and 5 people are fighting over a patch because I didnt know they were already there!
That's why I was suggesting having the ability to cancel a hire request before trying to hire someone else. Especially with all the tools people have, you don't need several people on a farm, and once you've hired someone and they haven't responded, you run the risk that they'll turn up anyway after you've hired someone else.
Old Aug 20 2011, 04:15 AM

Default dont know about anyone else

but when I am hired to harvest or plow or harvest trees as soon as someone else comes in my pc lags big time..i end up having to leave the farm as I get so frustrated.
Old Aug 21 2011, 08:33 AM

lately i havent always had the pop up saying they accept the job... so i hire somene else. i have accidently had three poeple on a small job because i didnt know the othrs were there. frustrating gor all!
Old Aug 21 2011, 04:33 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmer fitchy View Post
lately i havent always had the pop up saying they accept the job... so i hire somene else. i have accidently had three poeple on a small job because i didnt know the othrs were there. frustrating gor all!
One way around that is to hang out at the MP for a minute before immediately hiring someone else, and watch the top of your screen to see whether the "X just harvested Y" message shows up. If it does, you know your first worker is on the job and you don't need to hire another.
Old Aug 24 2011, 02:47 PM

Help! I need to know how to access my tools when I've been hired.
Old Aug 24 2011, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teladria View Post
Help! I need to know how to access my tools when I've been hired.
Hi, you can access your Farm Cash tools via the extended tool bar,
Old Aug 25 2011, 03:12 PM

i remember when i was needing to level up and how i went everywhere and did everything i could to get the xp..1 click ata time..that's part of the process...besides it helps them decide what tool they would like to get first...the thing i hated when i was a "newby" was someone hiring more that one for their farm..i always hired solo so they could get it all...i had one guy hire me to harvest the hired someone else to plow..i wrote down his name and NEVER worked for him again...lol..now i have a bundh of great neighbors..we all work for each other..and with the multiple hire it's nice to be planting on another farm while they hp..and vice/versa..kinda like real farming...it's supposed to be fun..not a job..if u want a job..get off the computer games...and get one..
Old Aug 27 2011, 07:24 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:
Default Hiring people to fish

I have found it impossible to hire people to fish and I am just asking them to fish 2 big sea coasts and lake w/ boat. There needs to be a higher reward for people to want to fish. I am tired of begging for people to fish so I just do it myself.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Aug 27 2011, 07:38 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by sueripper@gmail.com View Post
I have found it impossible to hire people to fish and I am just asking them to fish 2 big sea coasts and lake w/ boat. There needs to be a higher reward for people to want to fish. I am tired of begging for people to fish so I just do it myself.
where do you go to hire? i thought the market place workers didn't mind fishing large seacoasts and boat lakes. that said - if you have a boat it's much quicker to do it yourself.
Old Aug 27 2011, 07:55 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by sueripper@gmail.com View Post
Do you tell the MP first what you have water-wise, or just hire to fish and keep getting the "no thanks"? People will turn down hire requests for fishing simply because they don't want to end up on a farm with miles of river pieces (especially stacked ones) that are a pain to fish and not worth the effort. I've had good success by just saying up front "who wants to fish 11 seacoasts and 3 lakes?" and hiring whoever says they'd like to do it.

Time of day seems to be a factor as well. Mornings (US) seem to be big for harvest/plow jobs for crops and that's what most would prefer to do, so it's harder to find willing fisherfolk then.