Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 11 2013, 12:05 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasStar View Post
Is anyone having problems with opening multiple tabs? Until 2 days ago I was able to open up to six farms, working facilities on each one. I would move from one tab to the other working the facilities and loading the next farm. By the time I got back the next message was up and ready to work with no slow down. Most often I open the posts for a persons Regular and Service facilities. I could toggle between the two and work very quickly. I also usually have the Farmtown Posts page and my farm open at the same time. In the last couple of days the Farms have been using more and more memory. I have a program that monitors that. Yesterday and today, I can have one farm open with everything hidden, and when I start to plant I get the Shockwave is not responding message, because the one farm has used most of my memory loading. I have cleaned and cleared and all the usual methods for clearing problems with no luck. When working on my farms I have recently had up to 13 tabs loaded with different farms. Any other ideas besides the usual?

The computer operates normally on all my other programs and games.
That is a lot to ask of a computer unless you have about 8GB or more of memory and dual or quad processors...
Check your settings for Flash and make sure you have the latest version. Try defragging your hard drive. If you have a program for cleaning your computer that will defragment the registry and memory that helps too.
I have noticed that Flash is crashing easier now than in the past. I like to keep my farm open and I have some webcams I like to watch too. If I try to do that with both open Flash will crash on me.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Dec 11 2013, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
That is a lot to ask of a computer unless you have about 8GB or more of memory and dual or quad processors...
Check your settings for Flash and make sure you have the latest version. Try defragging your hard drive. If you have a program for cleaning your computer that will defragment the registry and memory that helps too.
I have noticed that Flash is crashing easier now than in the past. I like to keep my farm open and I have some webcams I like to watch too. If I try to do that with both open Flash will crash on me.
Thank you. I tune-up and defrag my computer, registry and memory regularly, but did it again earlier just in case. I have the most recent flash version, but I guess my next step might be to try uninstalling and reinstalling. I have tried Google Chrome, Firefox, Waterfox and Safari hoping for some improvement, but all are behaving the same.

I agree I push my computer to the limit, but since everything was fine and now suddenly there is a problem, and because my other games and programs are operating normally, I believe something has changed on Farmtown. I have wondered if it is all the new stuff added to the neighbor bar. I don't know how much extra info is having to be loaded in the background to support this nor how often it is checking to update that info.

Just an observation: The size of the farm(s) being loaded is making no difference in the impact on memory being used. I just tried working one friend's regular facilities. Her farms with facilities are much smaller and I had everything turned off (buildings, animals, etc). It took up almost all of the free memory, so the size of farms does not seem to be a factor.

I appreciate your suggestions.

Last edited by TexasStar; Dec 11 2013 at 02:42 PM.
Old Dec 11 2013, 02:21 PM

Hi, well I sorry you went and defrag your computer, that is the most horrible thing you can do to a computer. I speak of experience and have good knowledge of computers. Unless you are an expert, I would never do that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasStar View Post
Thank you. I tune-up and defrag my computer, registry and memory regularly, but did it again earlier just in case. I have the most recent flash version, but I guess my next step might be to try uninstalling and reinstalling. I have tried Google Chrome, Firefox, Waterfox and Safari hoping for some improvement, but all are behaving the same.

I agree I push my computer to the limit, but since everything was fine and now suddenly there is a problem, and because my other games and programs are operating normally, I believe something has changed on Farmtown. I have wondered if it is all the new stuff added to the neighbor bar. I don't know how much extra info is having to be loaded in the background to support this nor how often it is checking to update that info.

I appreciate your suggestions.
Old Dec 11 2013, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW2009 View Post
Hi, well I sorry you went and defrag your computer, that is the most horrible thing you can do to a computer. I speak of experience and have good knowledge of computers. Unless you are an expert, I would never do that.
Thank you. I am sorry that you had a bad experience. I am no expert but have been defragging computers of various types/sizes/brands since the mid 70's with no problems. If the files are seriously fragmented it can really slow processing and defragging can result in drastic improvement.
Old Dec 11 2013, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony D View Post
Hi everyone, as the Train glitch being fixed has been quite an emotive issue we have allowed a little leeway with the posts up to now.

You are still allowed to post post your feedback on the new release both positive and negative, however debates, discussions and disagreements on posted feedback will be removed.

Thanks

If you would like to discuss issues (in a friendly manner) regarding the trains we do have a thread in General Feedback for that , this is the link to the thread .. http://slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=492334

Sorry, Tony.....I, for one, was contributing to the debate, discussion, disagreement on the subject. I'll play nice from now on.
Old Dec 11 2013, 03:34 PM

Hi, just to remind everyone, please keep this thread on the topic of the new release, any other issues with the game that are not to do with the new release, please post in the appropriate thread in Help & Support

Thankyou

How to manually link your Farm to the forum

Contact Support

Old Dec 11 2013, 07:28 PM

What happened to our speedy lil avatars? And my tools are requiring maddening amounts of hovering to get them to line up correctly on the harvests.
The darn avatar needs to get the heck out of the way and let me work!!!

SeaJay

The Gathering
Old Dec 11 2013, 08:33 PM
Account Not Linked

I just used the farm stats to find my farm with pears on it and it was wonderful to be able to set the filter to all farms and then find the pears and hover the mouse over the pears and it told me which farm they were on. Thank you dev's for the all farms filter on the farm stats.

My Server: WF-36 on Windows 8
Primary Browser: Chrome

To contact Support: Click Here.

Information on how to clear several browser's cache: Click Here.

If you have a question please post them in the open forum and not in a private message or visitor message, unless it is in response to a private message. Thank you.
Old Dec 11 2013, 11:22 PM

Thank you again, Devs for another release that improves the game. I applaud (what appears to be) your effort to improve speed and functionality before adding more real estate. The attention you are paying to new players is also welcome, in my opinion. I'd imagine it can be very frustrating trying to play with mega-farmers like me.

I REALLY appreciate being able to move animals in bulk from storage directly to their buildings. I'd like it even more if we could buy multiple animals from the store and move them directly to their sheds from there. The animal moving tool is great, but nothing is more tedious than single-clicking hundreds of animals into their place (except doing it the way we did in the beginning ). Perhaps you could also add pig manure to the stats tool?

The increase in oil/crude, chicken, meat and leather production shows that you listen to player feedback. How nice to NOT have to re-scroll through our storage when we leave and go back!

The change in your approach to updates, releases is very noticeable. Nothing wrong with being less predictable. Humans have fewer expectations and disappointments that way.

Keep up the good work!

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...5488&farm_ix=7
Old Dec 12 2013, 12:25 AM
psycho_mommi
Account Not Linked

well, since when can we not send out boosts for our trains??? this is RIDICULOUS!!!
Closed Thread