Old Jan 06 2010, 05:34 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:
Send a message via Yahoo to lcswdonna
Default Thanks for

For the most part, things are going swimmingly on my end. Sorry there are still problems, can you imagine what this must be like for the programmers, come on people, give them a break. Over a million people getting onto a game and interacting with each other, I cannot even imagine putting this together. I know after the first Dec upgrade I did offer my experience, I will continue to give feedback so they know what is going on and can work with it, but I just want you all to know that this many people playing a game must mean it is really a great experience. Thanks for all your hard work.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Jan 06 2010, 06:30 PM

Unhappy neighbors won't add

This is the only place i can find to add something and or make a comment/ask a question....I have had several people try to add me as a neighbor and vice versa,,,we don't get added...What is the problem with this? When will it be fixed.? It seems to have started about the time you all did this new fix....Please fix ASAP !!!
Old Jan 06 2010, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYNDIDAWG View Post
This is the only place i can find to add something and or make a comment/ask a question....I have had several people try to add me as a neighbor and vice versa,,,we don't get added...What is the problem with this? When will it be fixed.? It seems to have started about the time you all did this new fix....Please fix ASAP !!!
Please read the top post in this Official thread and post in there with all information requested:

OFFICIAL Adding New Neighbors
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=198190

Please visit Bentivar

Bertie_Bee_Eater's Bird's Eye View
Old Jan 06 2010, 06:52 PM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krafty Karen View Post
Go to this website:

http://www.macromedia.com/support/do...manager07.html

Allow it to load and click on the delete all sites button. That will clean out your flash player.
You are wonderful Karen thank you so much for this information.... I am going there now.....

GOD Bless The USA

Level 600, Farmer since June 2,2009

Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.

╰⊰⊹✿Dεsidεяαtα✿⊹⊱╮

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?f...00000233351452

(link below not mine)
Visit 's Farm

Old Jan 06 2010, 07:18 PM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyHallow View Post
You are wonderful Karen thank you so much for this information.... I am going there now.....
Well shoot that link didn't work and again I searched their site for something the only thing I can find is to remove the player........ Thanks though....... I will keep hunting.. If anyone else knows perhaps you can assist..... Thank you so much Karen for you assit.....

GOD Bless The USA

Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.

╰⊰⊹✿Dεsidεяαtα✿⊹⊱╮

(link below not mine)
Visit 's Farm

Old Jan 06 2010, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyHallow View Post
Well shoot that link didn't work and again I searched their site for something the only thing I can find is to remove the player........ Thanks though....... I will keep hunting.. If anyone else knows perhaps you can assist..... Thank you so much Karen for you assit.....
Sleepy, be very, very careful. External links are not supposed to be posted in this forum as the mods don't have the time to check them out and make sure they are safe. Always do your own research on anything anyone recommends and please don't go rushing off to any site and downloading something you haven't checked out thoroughly.

Please visit Bentivar

Bertie_Bee_Eater's Bird's Eye View
Old Jan 06 2010, 07:32 PM

Ok it seems most of the issues that I was having are not occuring anymore such as the already done messages and lagging. But the time outs are driving me nuts. Every job I have done today I have been timed out. This is the first day it has been this bad for me.

Thanks devs for all your work, I really like the upgrades. It would be great to not be timed out constantly though
Old Jan 06 2010, 07:42 PM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by candlelight View Post
Sleepy, be very, very careful. External links are not supposed to be posted in this forum as the mods don't have the time to check them out and make sure they are safe. Always do your own research on anything anyone recommends and please don't go rushing off to any site and downloading something you haven't checked out thoroughly.
Your so right and thank you for letting me know to be careful....... It is for the adobe site.. but I do understand as there can be bogus sites mimicing the real thing..

GOD Bless The USA

╰⊰⊹✿Dεsidεяαtα✿⊹⊱╮

(link below not mine)
Visit 's Farm

Old Jan 06 2010, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krafty Karen View Post
Go to this website:

http://www.macromedia.com/support/do...manager07.html

Allow it to load and click on the delete all sites button. That will clean out your flash player.
Just a side note about this post..

Whilst we don't generally allow unauthorised external links on the forum, the moderation team has decided to let this one remain, as it could be helpful to many players.
Thanks Karen.
Old Jan 06 2010, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by candlelight View Post
From post by Patsy Anne: "Like raynorcp says - if only someone would give us a clue as to why the playing field is still so different for players? Is it something I can correct or is it down to the game devs - in other words do i need to sort hardware or the internet connection OR should i be patient for the dev to complete their work? please just tell us!"

The other evening I had two neighbours working for me on one of my farms. One neighbour absolutely belted through the plots with her coins / XPs crediting immediately. The other had incredibly bad lag problems and server time out problems.

We talked about it and compared notes. The main difference we could identify between the two players was their internet connection. The zippy one has cable broadband and the poor lagger uses a mobile broadband dongle.

I've also chatted with others and a fair number who have lag problems have 2 Gb or less of RAM on their computers.

I have no doubt that there are also Slashkey server issues at work here but too many people blame them entirely and I don't think that is fair.

The real answer is probably that there are a number of contributory factors, some of which Slashkey can address and others that the players need to address or to accept.
Thanks for this. I tend to be zippy, but I saw someone today who totally didn't get any credit for her work. She moved quickly but all I saw was harvests queueing without clearing. I had to hire someone behind her to finish the job, and it was like half the farm. I feel terrible that it happened but even as I rehired her, she still saw the farm as done.
Closed Thread