Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Sep 24 2012, 03:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlgray View Post
I know the game guide says that, but I was wondering if it really worked that way - looking for the voice of experience. Because I've read that there are some other things that don't work as stated, like the green hand apparently does not work for overlapping fence pieces.

And specifically, I'm trying to find out if the orange hand lets you overlap water pieces with mountains and waterfalls, or just with other water pieces.

I don't really understand the thing about overlapping paths anyway, because you can do that without the orange or green hand.
I dont know about the orange hand because I got the green one and the orange hand has gone. But Ive just been fiddling - I can get the fences to overlap each other now so maybe the Devs fixed it - thank-you Devs. Some things wont go on top of others or only partially - eg: trees, paths and fences wont go on top of the grass hills. Or items only over lap from one direction - I suppose it depends where the image place holder is! It is just a question of fiddling a little - but it is in no way at all as arduous as using paths to achieve the same thing. I would really love to be able to put "vegetation" on the hills and mountains in the form of little pine trees or the bushes maybe. The paths all still sink to the bottom which is good really as I hated it before when they didnt. Overall I agree with Taz and others who like the hand tools - I am glad I bought them.

***** Farm Town Addict since October 2009 *****
Old Sep 24 2012, 07:00 AM

Thank you, just noticed a post that said fences will now over lap, using the green hand. Tried it works. Thanks Devs.

Fritz
Old Sep 24 2012, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyD View Post
you stack buildings on top of each other?? are you for real?? do you have to use like dirt paths or anything?? what dobit slow?
sorry to ask so much .. but also is there a particular buildin visitors to your farm view?? has anyone said anything besides it loading a g your able to do this with or just any of them?
You do not have to use dirt paths. I have 30 facs stacked under one and still can work them from the Device Manager. I love the green hand. Thank you Devs for all the great things you do for us to enjoy!
Old Sep 24 2012, 07:43 AM

Default Yellow glove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony D View Post
Hi, this is a third party program , and therefore not approved by Slashkey.
Will someone tell me what we can do with the yellow glove. I know the green one hides facs and other buildings under a building so why the yellow one? Thank you for any info on this.
Old Sep 24 2012, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImajeanB View Post
Will someone tell me what we can do with the yellow glove. I know the green one hides facs and other buildings under a building so why the yellow one? Thank you for any info on this.
Below is the section about the gloves as posted in the new release announcement Imajean. This should help you. You need to buy the orange one before you can buy the green one, which I believe then negates the orange one ... much as the tools are used.

7. Freestyle Farm Designer (FC): There are now 2 tools for the hard core designers which will allow you to get very creative in your farms easily.

Orange Freestyle Farm Designer: Allow Layering of Paths and Ponds. This tool upgrades your yellow hand Edit Tool and enables paths and water items to almost fully overlap other items.

Green Freestyle Farm Designer: Allow Layering of All but Plants. If you already own the Orange Freestyle Farm Designer you can buy this Green Freestyle Farm Designer to allow any item except plants (fields/crops/tress/flowers) to almost fully overlap other items.

You can use these tools while designing on others farms as well.

Old Sep 24 2012, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImajeanB View Post
Hi, Just adding to what Helen said , The yellow glove allows you to move things around your farm , but not to 'layer' them
Old Sep 24 2012, 08:48 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to beverduster

i like the green glove have done a lot of stuff with it, dnt want to hide nothing in particliar but you sure can add a lot to the diminsion og the lay out
Old Sep 24 2012, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
I have used it for overlapping mountains to move them closer together with less space between the peaks without having to use paths to do so. I love it. I used it to set my facilities closer together to make them look like one building as some do have a similar construction. I have also set a few animal buildings out on the edge of the farm to make more room for crops. And of course settin water items over paths as well as overlapping them to make them look like continuos warterways.
Personally I love the gloves.
Ok thanks for your input, I think I am going to see what comes out in the our next release, only have limited amount of FC I can spend and want to make sure I spend it on what I need the most. If the prices of the new farms are the same as they have been I think I got enough coin to expand it all the way so I wan't have to spend my FC on that for the first time.
Old Sep 24 2012, 08:00 PM
Account Not Linked

I use part of one farm for a storage farm, what doesn't the green glove layer except for plots, trees, and flowers; I know it doesn't layer those, but is there anything else it won't layer? I was thinking maybe if I got it I could use it to save space on my storage farm by putting my decorations that I am not using at the moment closer, the paths I use I don't have a problem with they will overlap anyway, but there is other items on my storage farm that takes up space. Before any one puts up what the Game Guide says, I have read of some having problems with some items and I know what the Guide says.

My Server: WF-36 on Windows 8
Primary Browser: Chrome

To contact Support: Click Here.

Information on how to clear several browser's cache: Click Here.

If you have a question please post them in the open forum and not in a private message or visitor message, unless it is in response to a private message. Thank you.

Last edited by KnightRider; Sep 24 2012 at 11:20 PM.
Old Sep 25 2012, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitt1962 View Post
I use part of one farm for a storage farm, what doesn't the green glove layer except for plots, trees, and flowers; I know it doesn't layer those, but is there anything else it won't layer? I was thinking maybe if I got it I could use it to save space on my storage farm by putting my decorations that I am not using at the moment closer, the paths I use I don't have a problem with they will overlap anyway, but there is other items on my storage farm that takes up space. Before any one puts up what the Game Guide says, I have read of some having problems with some items and I know what the Guide says.
I had a good fiddle yesterday and it will overlap everything I could find - sometimes you have to fiddle a little bit - you might have to bring the thing you want to hide in from another direction. I havent had time to do anything wonderful other than get my factories closer together and overlap those on another farm. Ive also got my rivers and seas etc how I wanted them. The only things I found it will not overlap is paths etc on top of things they still sink to the bottom - which is totally fine and the decorative trees. All in all I am glad I got it - Ive got some spare time coming up and I plan to have a good decorating session.

***** Farm Town Addict since October 2009 *****
Closed Thread