Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Oct 20 2009, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janjoseph View Post
This must affect the market place. No more hiring or can you do both? Which benefits you? I imagine the tools willl be more beneficial or not?

you earn a lot more money if you hire people to harvest, plus they earn money and it donest come of your harest earnings.

as for plowing, if you plow yourself it costs you 20 c per square and you only get 1 xp, if you hire it costs you less depending if its a neighbour or from the market place. plus you both get xp of 1..

i will continue to hire from the market and neighbours as much as possible, will only use my machines if i need to or no one wants to harvest raspberries or grapes.

the seeder i cant wait to use,. that is such a drag and you cant hire anyone to do it!!!
Old Oct 20 2009, 10:42 PM

How do I get rid of fuel gifts that I received and never tend to use since I never plan on buying or using the farm equipment?
The only reason I accepted the gifts was because I thought it was like the others; you can re-gift them to others if you don't want them.
So, now I am stuck with 3 gifts of much fuel.
Old Oct 20 2009, 10:46 PM
Account Not Linked

Default I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaR View Post
I like the little harvester as decoration but unless the tools can be used by harvesters I can't see any great advantage. I like to help lower levels by hiring but this is a 'stay at home and don't interact' tool in a social game.

Fun to look at though.

P.S. The tractor ran over my dog. Will I get compensation for pain and suffering?
I totally agree. I purchased the equipment before I read any posts or even realized they were actually working equipment. I bought purely for the asthetics of having them on the farm. I will only use the seeder as I DO NOT want to do the other work myself (seems like going backward to before I had neighbors). The best part of the game is the interaction with other gamers, even the irritating ones. There just doesn't seem to be any advantage to harvesting or plowing for yourself. I do appreciate the upgrades and I am not complaining, just giving my point of view, and I don't think this upgrade was as well thought out as the others. I do like the "Fuel" concept and that it can be a gift, I will use that. Thanks for this opportunity to give my opinion.
Old Oct 20 2009, 10:48 PM

Default New farm town

Just wanted to say thank you the game just keeps getting better and better and more fun. Need a bigger plot to house it all though - lol thanks for your hard work
Old Oct 20 2009, 10:52 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Wing Farm View Post
How do I get rid of fuel gifts that I received and never tend to use since I never plan on buying or using the farm equipment?
The only reason I accepted the gifts was because I thought it was like the others; you can re-gift them to others if you don't want them.
So, now I am stuck with 3 gifts of much fuel.
I haven't tried it, but I expect you can sell them.

You are mistaken about regifting--you can't regift anything in Farm Town, even though it looks as though you can when you click on a tree, flower, or other object.
Old Oct 20 2009, 11:07 PM
Force of Nature ( Level 31 )

Farmer Since: Sep 25 2009
Level:
Trophies: 11
XP:

Does using these tools make it where we are able to sell our crops for more money? Meaning, is it advantageous for us to harvest and plow our own farms now? Or do we still make more money hiring the work out?

Can we use these at OTHER people's farms when we're hired out? I know it says others can't use it at our farms... but if we own them, can we take them with us to use at other farms?

Visit Jen's Oasis

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Oct 20 2009, 11:12 PM

Thanks for the machines and a way to actually fuel them!
Old Oct 20 2009, 11:14 PM
Account Not Linked

What in the world is the use of this? It is highly recommended to harvest and plow others fields as it is more economical. These cannot be used anywhere else. What a waste of time, I am disgusted. The seeder is the only benefit I see. Make the farms bigger, that would be better than the time wasted on this.
Old Oct 20 2009, 11:15 PM

Level:
XP:

I did the same thing... bought all three before I realized what I was doing... Then realized I just needed the Seeder... I hope they make it where either we make more money harvesting/plowing ourselves or we can use them on other peoples' farms...

Visit Jen's Oasis

Old Oct 20 2009, 11:17 PM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miria View Post
no it only you can use your machinery on your farm
This STILL doesn't answer the question about how much we get for using these items ourselves...

Visit Jen's Oasis

Closed Thread