Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Feb 20 2018, 08:13 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlene1091 View Post
I have a brand new hard drive with nothing on it yet but a clean install of Windows 10 Latest Version). Farm Town isn't working as well as it did in Windows 7. I have never had permanent slowness in FT. It isn't horrible but my farm work for my SN takes about double the time. It is a big game, I love to play but more time on the game isn't an option for me. it is an AMD processor 8GB Ram 3.0 CPU speed and runs excellent with everything else. Any ideas as to what I can do to make it better? I apologize if I put this in the wrong place
Also saving Data slows things down too when the save radio button turns red and you have to wait

Thank You
Marlene
Hi Marlene,

It sounds like you have a slow down on one or more of the many connections needed to go from your computer through to FT. I'm sorry but there is no way to test all of those connections or control them. I'm on widows 10 and experiencing no slow down at all.

You can check all your settings in the following link to make sure you have everything set up right and the links in that post which will take you to server tests that you can try. However if those are all fine then you may have to wait for whoever owns the link that is slowing you down to fix it.
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=352666
Old Feb 20 2018, 10:10 PM

Default Windows 10

Thank You for your reply. Since my issue is not loading or errors the only thing that might help is going through the flash player info and see if I can fix anything there. Appreciate your time.
Old Feb 23 2018, 11:59 PM

pls fix fartown i have never had so many issues with it. it is being slow when trying to get to the seeds to plant. having issues with the tool box . having issues with the farm square to left cant use to get to the farms.. pls fix my farm town
Old Feb 24 2018, 12:24 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by max_river View Post
pls fix fartown i have never had so many issues with it. it is being slow when trying to get to the seeds to plant. having issues with the tool box . having issues with the farm square to left cant use to get to the farms.. pls fix my farm town
Hi Max_river,
I moved your post to the Help & Support subject thread about the game running slow as this has nothing to do with the current release.
Please try all the suggestions in th e first post of this thread.
You can also try all the suggestions in the first post of the following link including the ones linked in that post, specially the Server Test:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=352666
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Feb 24 2018, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Max_river,
I moved your post to the Help & Support subject thread about the game running slow as this has nothing to do with the current release.
Please try all the suggestions in th e first post of this thread.
You can also try all the suggestions in the first post of the following link including the ones linked in that post, specially the Server Test:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=352666
ty taz for moving it to the right place. but all my issues started right after the new release so i do think it could be a issue
Old Feb 24 2018, 11:33 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by max_river View Post
ty taz for moving it to the right place. but all my issues started right after the new release so i do think it could be a issue
Hi max_river,
If it would be an issue with the new release then it would probably be due to the increased number of people on their farms checking out the new items.
But I think it was just a coincidence that it started for you at the time of the release.
Did you try the suggestions and the server test?
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Feb 24 2018, 06:54 PM

Default Farm loads slowly

My #23 farm loads so slow and it's hard to work factories or harvest the trees.
Can anyone explain what I can do to fix it?
Thank you
Old Feb 24 2018, 07:00 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LINDALSHOT View Post
My #23 farm loads so slow and it's hard to work factories or harvest the trees.
Can anyone explain what I can do to fix it?
Thank you
Hi Lindalshot,
I moved your post to the subject thread about game running slow. Please check the suggestions in the first post of this thread.

EDIT: I just went to your farm 23 and I can see nothing that would cause it to load slow. However I can't see how many animals you have running loose on that farm.

Last edited by Taz D; Feb 24 2018 at 07:05 PM.
Old Feb 24 2018, 07:39 PM

I have no animals on the farm. No layers or tabs open. I do have multiple brush fires?
Old Feb 24 2018, 07:48 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LINDALSHOT View Post
I have no animals on the farm. No layers or tabs open. I do have multiple brush fires?
Hi Lindalshot,
When I went to the farm I could see a few animals loose, but as a visitor we are only allowed to see a few to keep those from bogging us down. You do have a few loose. Try turning off everything in the Show part of your preferences and you should be able to find those.
However, with only a few loose I wouldn't think that would slow down the loading. I did not notice any slowdown whenI went that farm and it didn't use a lot of memory to load it.
Are you getting anything in the loading that says it is retrying to load an item? If so then you may want to clear your browser cache with instruction in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=421890

Your farms will be slow loading the first time after you do this as all the graphics have to be downloaded again to your browser. After that load though should speed back up.

Also try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.
If your farm is open close it. Then reopen and try again.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

Tags
adobe flash plugin crash, farmtown too slow, flash player, shockwave, shockwave plug-in, slow, slow game