Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Jul 13 2017, 11:58 AM

Yes, I will try to post actual link first before pics so the full effect can be seen. Here is one I just now created:::: http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...UyMiU3RA%3D%3D

And here is one from yesterday:::: http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...111b22c646dd50

I see they truncated in the message so if you will just copy the links and paste them in notepad or some text editor you can see the whole thing.
Old Jul 13 2017, 12:16 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdaddie View Post
Yes, I will try to post actual link first before pics so the full effect can be seen. Here is one I just now created:::: http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...UyMiU3RA%3D%3D

And here is one from yesterday:::: http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...111b22c646dd50

I see they truncated in the message so if you will just copy the links and paste them in notepad or some text editor you can see the whole thing.
It may be something Facebook is doing. I say this as once you have posted the item to Facebook then it is under their control. It isn't hurting anything as the links still work.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jul 13 2017, 12:19 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Celine,
Have you tried turning them back around to horizontal? It could have been that they shifted when that update was released, but there isn't any way that we can turn them back.
when you click on them they go back to their original place but once you harvested them they go back to vertical, lol and some of the sand pieces were covering the lakes, but that was easy, i just took them out and no more problems.

I was just harvesting my flowers now and saw that the square space for harvesting, on the upper corner, it tells you if the flowers are watered/irrigated, great improvement.. it shows the rain droplets in blue.. navigating between farms is a little slower, never had that problem, now it takes from 40 to 45 seconds (by my stopwatch) to go from one to another even if you have the tool like for trees or flowers.. and I think is mainly by that "waiting to display" frame.. oh another thing i noticed, when i take the tool from farm to farm like the harvesting for the trees, when you arrive at the farm it tells you what is planted under the trees, another good innovation... great work up to now, except my standing up water
Old Jul 13 2017, 05:01 PM

Hi all

From Raul's notes for the New Release

Post-Release Updates - July 13th, 5:50PM

- Released another batch of optimizations and improvements including:

a) Farms with lots of water items load and operate much faster, even when overlapped

b) Farms full of plow fields or harvested fields load faster, even when overlapped

c) Decreased farm blinking when farming very quickly. When clicking and moving the mouse quickly while farming, sometimes the game detected those actions as dragging. We made some adjustments to minimize those accidental dragging operations. This also caused a noticeably increase in speed when farming.

d) This was an old bug, sometimes when you reloaded or navigated to a farm, the new farm appeared shifted to the top, and then finally moved down, causing a weird visual effect.
Old Jul 13 2017, 05:57 PM

thankyou for the updates,,but when will it be possible to have them without them messing up the game completely?
Old Jul 13 2017, 08:08 PM

Default Post-Release Updates - July 13th, 5:50PM

Thank you - The farms do load a lot faster. I think the graphics are a little slow on the new optimizations as all the buildings and decorations come up, then the plowed or crop fields follow in a moment or two. Happens on 3 of the PC's I use.

I just had MS updates and Adobe updates yesterday and today.

Not a problem, just a little different than before.
Old Jul 14 2017, 06:03 AM

Am I the only one who is having problems with the farms not loading completely? It seems to be taking forever for the crops to show up and I've noticed that when fishing a lot of the waters aren't appearing onscreen. This is the first I've noticed the problem.
Old Jul 14 2017, 06:59 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatgig View Post
Am I the only one who is having problems with the farms not loading completely? It seems to be taking forever for the crops to show up and I've noticed that when fishing a lot of the waters aren't appearing onscreen. This is the first I've noticed the problem.
Hi Greatgig,

There is an issue with the waters at the moment, they seem to be rotating and may be hidden under other waters. We have notified the developers of this.

There should only be a small delay in the crops etc showing up, but once done you should be able to work them faster.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Jul 14 2017, 08:51 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Farms do seem to be loading faster, but on at least one of them this morning, the tops of trees are hidden by the field of crops, not as it should be.

Followup - I checked through my farms to see how often this was happening. It is inconsistent. On my farm 9, the tops of all the trees to the left of the field are covered by the field/crop. On farm 13, the tops of some of the trees to the left of the field are covered, most are not. On farm 22, most of the trees to the left and below the field display properly, but the tops of a couple below the field are hidden.
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20

Last edited by earlgray; Jul 14 2017 at 09:00 AM. Reason: more info
Old Jul 14 2017, 09:41 AM

After reading complaints in groups and from crew about links locking up while trying to help people do their facilities. After testing this myself I had 3 or 22 links fail to load. Normally when you load you get the immediate screen saying FarmTown (beta), then loading ....(incrementing %), then crops, trees.etc..... then brings up the popup allowing you to commence helping. On the ones that are failing, it just stops at a white screen just before the "FarmTown (beta)" shows up. To rectify, all that is needed is to hit the browser refresh button and it will reload and has always worked the second time for me. Just thought the Devs needed to know this since it is right after another optimization release.
Closed Thread