Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 08 2015, 01:47 PM

Unhappy FB an FT changes

Ever since FB started the chat thing, My browser is Freezing up an is so bad it is locking my computer up an I have to do a ctrl alt del to get out of FT an FB! It is getting worse! I turned off the chat thing in FT but it is NOT helping at all, my home page is messing up also due to this cause it shows posts with a 'circle' in the middle as if its trying to load an NO way to turn those off!!!

PLUS in FT every time I get in I see a black box that shows loading up to 25% an finally closes after a while, It happens every time I switch farms. This is a new thing also. When I switch from one farm to another it is all GREEN until the farm finally loads, that is also New.

Are these all the stuff developers have done trying to fix things? It has gotten so bad now I am taking a break till the Chat thing gets fixed cause its not good to have to reboot my computer just to play FT.

PLEASE HELP!!! Thanks, I continually clear my cache also. I have to use MAXTHON browser ONLY cause Firefox an Edge are even worse. Google can't do anything either.
Old Dec 08 2015, 02:47 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollipopthebunny View Post
Ever since FB started the chat thing, My browser is Freezing up an is so bad it is locking my computer up an I have to do a ctrl alt del to get out of FT an FB! It is getting worse! I turned off the chat thing in FT but it is NOT helping at all, my home page is messing up also due to this cause it shows posts with a 'circle' in the middle as if its trying to load an NO way to turn those off!!!

PLUS in FT every time I get in I see a black box that shows loading up to 25% an finally closes after a while, It happens every time I switch farms. This is a new thing also. When I switch from one farm to another it is all GREEN until the farm finally loads, that is also New.

Are these all the stuff developers have done trying to fix things? It has gotten so bad now I am taking a break till the Chat thing gets fixed cause its not good to have to reboot my computer just to play FT.

PLEASE HELP!!! Thanks, I continually clear my cache also. I have to use MAXTHON browser ONLY cause Firefox an Edge are even worse. Google can't do anything either.
I am no computer wiz,and maybe someone with more knowledge could answer my question.

Would going to maintenance on her computer and clean out all unneeded files help her any. I have my computer set to clean them out weekly. Just Wondering. I know how I feel when things don't go right.
Old Dec 08 2015, 03:01 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:

Hi lollipopthebunny,
Clearing your cache all the time is causing part of your problems. Everytime you clear your cache unnecessarily then Farm Town must reload to your browser all of those graphics which slows down the loading. Facebook has made it so the chat will not continue pushing data down when you have turned it off. That was fixed after Farm Town turned in a bug report to them. If your Facebook home page is having trouble loading then you need to talk to Facebook because there is nothing Farm Town can do to help with that.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Dec 08 2015, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi lollipopthebunny,
Clearing your cache all the time is causing part of your problems. Everytime you clear your cache unnecessarily then Farm Town must reload to your browser all of those graphics which slows down the loading. Facebook has made it so the chat will not continue pushing data down when you have turned it off. That was fixed after Farm Town turned in a bug report to them. If your Facebook home page is having trouble loading then you need to talk to Facebook because there is nothing Farm Town can do to help with that.
If I don't clear my cache just while working on my own farms by the time I get all the way through all of them my computer has frozen up. I don't clear it continually but do periodically while planting. It is also running real slow an I am seeing the loading box when I go in to FT an also moving from farm to farm.

I will attempt to contact FB about my home page but it sure seems as though they haven't turned off the chat thing in FT on mine yet cause it isn't any better since they released it, in fact, it has gotten worse. I do have the video/voice call option turned off on FB in the 'chat bar' on the right side of the screen an video turned off inn settings but it still isn't helping.
Old Dec 08 2015, 06:35 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
If I don't clear my cache just while working on my own farms by the time I get all the way through all of them my computer has frozen up. I don't clear it continually but do periodically while planting. It is also running real slow an I am seeing the loading box when I go in to FT an also moving from farm to farm.

I will attempt to contact FB about my home page but it sure seems as though they haven't turned off the chat thing in FT on mine yet cause it isn't any better since they released it, in fact, it has gotten worse. I do have the video/voice call option turned off on FB in the 'chat bar' on the right side of the screen an video turned off inn settings but it still isn't helping.
Hi lollipopthebunny,
Clear your memcache only and leave the browser cache alone. That will help. And as Petuniaflower said it wouldn't hurt to clean up your computer.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Dec 08 2015, 09:00 PM
Account Not Linked

I came here to see if anyone else having same problem........ I am having problems selecting crops to plant, it is so super sensitive - I open window to select seed I want to plant and it closes before I can choose, I have to keep opening the window to try again... making it hard to play

I also TRY to drag the farm a little to plant in different spot but it keeps on moving way past farm so have to keep trying to move it back ...... It is sort of same problem when a while back flash did update and made it hard to play, FT fixed it but in some ways since flash did another update it is happening again

Last edited by anotherfarmer; Dec 08 2015 at 09:25 PM.
Old Dec 08 2015, 09:03 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

wonder how many people actually do a Disk Cleanup on their computers on a regular basis? also clearing all sites from your Flash Player settings when you right click on the game itself will help. You can't just blame farmtown for everything that goes wrong as there are so many other reasons and people need to be proactive and not play the "I am not computer literate" card and actually take steps to learn how to do these simple things.. buy a book, borrow one from the Library, take a class.. all will help..

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Dec 08 2015, 09:28 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherfarmer View Post
I came here to see if anyone else having same problem........ I am having problems selecting crops to plant, it is so super sensitive - I open window to select seed I want to plant and it closes before I can choose, I have to keep opening the window to try again... making it hard to play
Hi Anotherfarmer,
Are you possibly playing from a laptop with a touchpad or using a wireless mouse? If you are using a wireless mouse try changing the battery.
If you are on a laptop with a touchpad, try to find the control panel settings for that and lower the sensitivity.
Old Dec 09 2015, 11:37 AM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Rae View Post
wonder how many people actually do a Disk Cleanup on their computers on a regular basis? also clearing all sites from your Flash Player settings when you right click on the game itself will help. You can't just blame farmtown for everything that goes wrong as there are so many other reasons and people need to be proactive and not play the "I am not computer literate" card and actually take steps to learn how to do these simple things.. buy a book, borrow one from the Library, take a class.. all will help..
second this, thanks! everyone's set-up is unique and I think most people don't realize that. a solution that works for one may not work for the other and the game developers cannot help everyone with their fixes, especially after FB screws things up! if you don't want to or can't work on your own machine, find a good computer shop and get to know they guys working there. A general tune-up, cleaning, malware removal, or additional hardware addition or upgrade is a big part of their business, not just fixing problems.

Server WF37, W10, Chrome.

Need help timing quests/crops/trees/dinner? Google 'Farm Report Alarm', it rocks the game!
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Dec 09 2015, 11:58 AM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Laybourne View Post
Hi Texas Belle,

I've been testing the green hand for you and can find no problems with it. The only time the footprint of the banana tree turned red was when there was something else in the way. Please make sure you have everything turned on in your game settings, reload then try moving those trees again.
Thank Tiger, I will try to do it again.. another thing is that I got changed from Server WF4 to WF36, don't know why since I was very happy with WF4 since I started playing, but oh well patience..
Closed Thread