Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Feb 24 2014, 04:41 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerMcLashwood View Post
definitely not liking the new options for sending out boosts!!! Only options are neighbours or friends that have helped me. So longer able to send to FT friends!!! Another FB "Enhancement"??? definitely one that doesn't enhance my experience!!!
i was a bit peeved about that at first too debs. there are some farmers i like to help regardless of whether they ever help me and they were missing off my list.

on the other hand - due to time constraints and how slow the process is to send out a bunch of gifts each day (on top of the mountain of other chores) - i've taken to just sending my trains to anyone who sends me gifts. i only send around 12 requests per train in an effort for them not to be empty or expired when they're clicked on. i figure a train-load of goods is as good as a gift, yea?

this new feature saves me the time of having to keep track of everyone who helps me in any way. i don't have to keep checking my gift box to see who to send to, i don't have to keep scrolling around to see who sent ingredients, bonus's or who worked my farms ... i can just clicked through the list and viola! it's done, lol.

so i love it now. my biggest gripe with this game is the time it takes to play it so i'm always grateful for any time-saving features. and those who don't show up who i want to help ... when i get around to it ... i'll just tell them ... send me a damned box of flour or something ... so i can send you my trains, lol.

Old Feb 24 2014, 05:02 PM
Account Not Linked

Default question

when the option to allow employees to use your tools was released and you hired someone to harvest only - they got your combine tool and had to use it to collect their bonus.

that was a pain for me but i got around it by just not letting them use my tools on farms i only wanted harvested.

i think it was yesterday i forgot to uncheck the permission to use my tools on farms i only wanted harvested. i was ****** at myself thinking of all the crops we were both losing and all the xp he wouldn't be receiving yet when i checked - he was only harvesting.

so was the forced use of the combine just a glitch and has it been fixed?
Old Feb 24 2014, 06:57 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainelogan View Post
when the option to allow employees to use your tools was released and you hired someone to harvest only - they got your combine tool and had to use it to collect their bonus.

that was a pain for me but i got around it by just not letting them use my tools on farms i only wanted harvested.

i think it was yesterday i forgot to uncheck the permission to use my tools on farms i only wanted harvested. i was ****** at myself thinking of all the crops we were both losing and all the xp he wouldn't be receiving yet when i checked - he was only harvesting.

so was the forced use of the combine just a glitch and has it been fixed?
If you hire someone to harvest only they won't be allowed to use the combine, that is harvest/plow. If you let them use your tools then they would be allowed to use your highest harvester if they want to and have the fuel to use it. The employee isn't force to use any tool, it is up to the employee if they want to use the employers tools or not. As long as they do all of the work whether or not they use your tools they will get the bonus.

My Server: WF-36 on Windows 8
Primary Browser: Chrome

To contact Support: Click Here.

Information on how to clear several browser's cache: Click Here.

If you have a question please post them in the open forum and not in a private message or visitor message, unless it is in response to a private message. Thank you.

Last edited by KnightRider; Feb 24 2014 at 08:06 PM.
Old Feb 25 2014, 09:31 AM

stupid question ..

where are the clouds in the store .. ?? TIA ..
Old Feb 25 2014, 09:36 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPOTSROCK View Post
stupid question ..

where are the clouds in the store .. ?? TIA ..
Farm Decor
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Feb 25 2014, 05:59 PM

Thanks for the reminder about the wabbits! I forgot they are only every 40 hours because I've taken so much advantage of one of the tips groups that mine are overloaded to the point where I no longer ever run out of animals' stuff. I had thought they were every day.

Friends don't let friends boot from hard drives! A real friend would recommend an SSD. Or better yet NVME.
Old Feb 25 2014, 06:00 PM

I don't often make any comments in here as I'm usually pleased with everything but have to say I hate the new way Train Boosts are laid out now. I'm probably a really sad person but I like to be organized and list each train and who I have sent requests to in alphabetical order. That way I can easily find and cross off the ones who respond so I can ask them another time. Now the names are all over the place and it's really annoying. I can't understand why it's had to be changed and I hate it enough to probably not bother with my 5 trains anymore.
Old Feb 25 2014, 06:25 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet 1 View Post
I don't often make any comments in here as I'm usually pleased with everything but have to say I hate the new way Train Boosts are laid out now. I'm probably a really sad person but I like to be organized and list each train and who I have sent requests to in alphabetical order. That way I can easily find and cross off the ones who respond so I can ask them another time. Now the names are all over the place and it's really annoying. I can't understand why it's had to be changed and I hate it enough to probably not bother with my 5 trains anymore.
The sort order on those lists are not controlled by Farm Town. Facebook sets those lists up.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Feb 25 2014, 06:35 PM

Thanks for the reply but why has the list had to be changed anyway? Facebook seem to alter things without any good reason.
Old Feb 25 2014, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet 1 View Post
Thanks for the reply but why has the list had to be changed anyway? Facebook seem to alter things without any good reason.
Its because they THINK they are enhancing our experience when in fact they making things worse by fixing stuff that didn't need fixing and the stuff they should be fixing they ain't!
Closed Thread