Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Old Dec 14 2014, 07:07 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by notaparagod View Post
Does anyone know why someone wouldn't use an employer's tools? The past three people I have hired used their own tools (ie - 4x4 harvester, 4x4 plower) instead of my 10x10 combine. I asked why and one said she doesn't think she should benefit from someone else's tools and one said she didn't know how to use someone else's tools. I thought it just defaulted to the best tools available. I have the bigger tools because I want things to be faster and easier...
some people think the bigger tools use more fuel per plot. they don't realize the larger usage per click is because there's more plots per click.
Old Dec 14 2014, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnittyGirl View Post
I thought it defaulted to the biggest tools too; I know it does when I'm hired. I hired someone to use my tools and fuel and she refused - using her single harvester and plower for a huge farm! She said she preferred to do it the "old fashioned way".
Yeah..the one who simply refused to use my tools was also annoyed because I hired someone else to work. I had six layered farms of blue agave, so I didn't really have time for her to do the 4x4 thing before they went to waste.
Old Dec 15 2014, 12:18 AM

hhmm yes why would you use your own tools if the employer is allowing you to use their tools and theirs are bigger...the other day I had someone hire me to harvest trees they had the white tree harvester I only have the brown one. if someone hires me and they allow me to use their tools which are bigger..too right I will use them
Old Dec 15 2014, 01:07 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluehair View Post
hhmm yes why would you use your own tools if the employer is allowing you to use their tools and theirs are bigger...the other day I had someone hire me to harvest trees they had the white tree harvester I only have the brown one. if someone hires me and they allow me to use their tools which are bigger..too right I will use them
when combining x9 layered farms, i use my 8x8 even if a larger tool is available because i can zoom in twice, see the plots properly and do 4 sections before having to screen drag.

but usually the bigger the tool, the better
Old Dec 18 2014, 04:48 AM

Default hiring while not on line

I hire people to work my farm but sometimes I go off line .can they keep working when I am off line ?
Old Dec 18 2014, 07:08 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephaniepenny View Post
I hire people to work my farm but sometimes I go off line .can they keep working when I am off line ?
yes. you don't have to be playing at all.
Old Dec 20 2014, 09:22 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephaniepenny View Post
Hello stephaniepenny,

To add to what Eradani has mentioned, the only time you must be on line and on the same farm is when you hire someone to help decorate a farm. If you hire someone to help decorate, once you leave the farm, whether going off line, going to another farm or exiting the game that stops them from helping decorating your farm.

My Server: WF-36 on Windows 8
Primary Browser: Chrome

To contact Support: Click Here.

Information on how to clear several browser's cache: Click Here.

If you have a question please post them in the open forum and not in a private message or visitor message, unless it is in response to a private message. Thank you.
Old Dec 23 2014, 01:42 PM

My complaint about hiring multiple workers is that the ones with the biggest tools jump all over us little guys. If you insist on hiring many workers, it would be nice for us with smaller tools if you would hire one person per farm. Then your farms would get done quickly and everybody would be happy and not fighting over plots on one farm.

Also it specifically says that hiring multiple workers on the heavily layered farms overworks the system and slows everything way down. It's hard enough to load those types of farms without there being multiple people loading and working them at the same time.
Old Dec 23 2014, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolannhallam View Post
My complaint about hiring multiple workers is that the ones with the biggest tools jump all over us little guys. If you insist on hiring many workers, it would be nice for us with smaller tools if you would hire one person per farm. Then your farms would get done quickly and everybody would be happy and not fighting over plots on one farm.

Also it specifically says that hiring multiple workers on the heavily layered farms overworks the system and slows everything way down. It's hard enough to load those types of farms without there being multiple people loading and working them at the same time.
It's hurts too when multiple people are hired for one farm and they are all using huge tools.You don't need to hire 3 people for one farm when you are allowing the use of your 12x12 tools. One employee is enough
Old Dec 29 2014, 07:55 PM

I've been wondering if there is some error with me or what is going on. Most time when I get hired by people they show a lot of farms to be worked on and there is no work anywhere. I even did a lot of jumping around and still nothing. Though I seem to be having issues with loading into other peoples farms so I'm not sure what is up with that. I am trying to work through the guides to see what can help.

I have so far determined its on my end but the question for my post is doesn't slashkey have a way for people not to hire someone if there is nothing on the other end of a field block that did have something to work on?

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...6352&farm_ix=1