Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 24 2016, 02:30 PM
Account Not Linked

In connection with the Cargo ships, it looks like i got a ship in my port and then when i go in to look there is nothing, so i don't know if it is there or not and if it is if i am really helping people.
Old Dec 24 2016, 02:38 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by karenbooysens1 View Post
In connection with the Cargo ships, it looks like i got a ship in my port and then when i go in to look there is nothing, so i don't know if it is there or not and if it is if i am really helping people.
Hi Karen,
That happens currently if you are their neighbor but they aren't your neighbor. In that case they are loaded and moved on to next port.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Dec 24 2016, 02:52 PM
Account Not Linked

Default Dispatched Cargo Ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWheezer View Post
I just dispatched my first cargo ship and it landed in the port of one of my least active neighbors. I think this is a mistake and does not follow the rules according to the following:

Once the Ship is Dispatched, the Mayor will assign an itinerary to that Ship consisting of the 30 most recently-active neighbours you have. Each of those neighbours will have a Port. Your Ship will visit the Port of your most recently-active neighbour first, and the Port of your least recently-active neighbour last.
I think the dispatched ship should first go to "Neighbors Helping Me" then we could message our neighbor to work the ship as soon as they can.
Old Dec 24 2016, 03:22 PM

Default Cargo Ships

I've seen a couple of my neighbors post that they're not going to work any ships that come to their ports. They're also not going to get any ships. I'd like to get some ships but if people feel like this we need a way to bypass those neighbors who do not wish to participate. These folks have been good, long-time neighbors in every other respect, so it's not fair to have to remove them as neighbors because of this. I also think we should be able to help friends who are not our neighbors, if we are their neighbors.
Old Dec 24 2016, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulcinea View Post
You know, it's Christmas Eve and I should be doing a zillion other things. But these ships are just too much fun! My daughter bought the blue ship and dispatched it. I was the first on her roster, my hubby is second, and her sister is third. Everyone on my own roster is active except #30, so it should sail through the first twenty-nine before the week is out. Well, here's hoping anyway.
I am SO jealous!!!!!

Farmer Squeak

Farmer Susan has been happily farming since July 27, 2009.
  • Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • ♫ Oh Give Me a Home . . .
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old Dec 24 2016, 03:35 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer_Susan View Post
I am SO jealous!!!!!
Well, as I said, we'll see. Not only do they have to be active, but they also have to figure out these cargo ships, and if they're not doing them themselves, it could be a while.

The funny thing is, my daughter's ship is the only one I've gotten so far. It makes sense. I was online in another browser when she sent it. But you'd think with how much I've been logged in today, I'd be somewhere near the top of my other neighbors. I can only think their ships are stuck at someone's port who's busy doing Christmassy stuff, like I should be doing.
Old Dec 24 2016, 05:55 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

currently I have a Yellow Cargo ship with 10 containers at Port 15 and a Pink Cargo Ship with 3 containers at Port 2, and have been explaining to all my friends that they don't need to buy ships and spend the time to prepare containers if they don't want to.. but if they don't help by clicking on the blue buttons in the Seaport Manager, then my ship will be stuck on their farm and unable to progress.. most are finding it easy to do once they understand how quick and simple the process is..

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Dec 24 2016, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaMike View Post
They are going to have to give a option somehow for the ones that are not going to do the ships. My 2nd ship just landed in port #2 and until I sent them a message was not doing to do the ships so she was not going to send the ship on. Let us choose our neighbors who are going to do the ships and help send ours along instead of holding it up. Also give a option to move a ship along after it sits in a port for a certain amount of time.

I know this is the holidays but there is still going to be these types of problems during the year. Some people might start playing then say heck with it and they are still in the loop and hold up the movement of the ships. Then your port #1 goes on a week vacation and after say 24 hrs you could bypass that port and let your ship move on instead of coming back empty.
I agree with you.
Old Dec 24 2016, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulcinea View Post
The funny thing is, my daughter's ship is the only one I've gotten so far. It makes sense. I was online in another browser when she sent it. But you'd think with how much I've been logged in today, I'd be somewhere near the top of my other neighbors. I can only think their ships are stuck at someone's port who's busy doing Christmassy stuff, like I should be doing.
I KNOW! I've been surprised that I haven't gotten any ships, either. I have around 100 neighbors and I'm visiting someone who's under the weather for the weekend so I've been online almost constantly - mostly on Farmtown. I'm gifting, working facilities, sending and accepting trains, hiring at the market, planting, doing quests . . . I'm not sure what all goes in to making someone "active" but I don't know how I COULDN'T have been SUPER active ever since the ships launched. But none at my port.

Farmer Squeak

Farmer Susan has been happily farming since July 27, 2009.
  • Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • ♫ Oh Give Me a Home . . .
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old Dec 24 2016, 06:09 PM

My hubby had a neighbor who send a ship in his port, so I helped him to load it, then he asked a question I haven't been able to fine, probably missing it. When we load a ship in our port for the neighbor, do we get anything from the mayor too? Merry Christmas.
Closed Thread