Go Back   Farm Town > Social Forums > Best Farm Contests

Old May 08 2015, 12:54 PM
Account Not Linked

Default winners best farms

Congrats to the winners. I have a question, how can someone win twice, once last year, and again this last comp and still be at the same level. The person who won 3rd place in the forum comp this month . She has won twice Aug 2014 ( back to basics ) and May 2015. In August she was at level 177 and is still at that same level this time. This shows me, this is not an active farmer, but maybe a second account to someone. Are second accounts allowed in the contest? Do the mods check on the entries, levels, and if they are active farmers? You would think the Mods who are voting would take care and caution when considering who is a winner, makes one wonder where the FC is really going. This is such a shame, as there are many farmers who are active and are deserving of the Farm Cash, NOT a second account. I would hope you would take my note as a lesson, and not delete it to hide something, but to be more careful when you are considering your entries.
Copied from your own rules : Entries found to have come from second accounts and/or a second forum account will be disqualified. We are able to verify this, through certain avenues, and every entry will go through this verification process, in order to prevent multiple entries, by one person. This is to make things fair for everyone.
Old May 08 2015, 02:02 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzy415 View Post
Congrats to the winners. I have a question, how can someone win twice, once last year, and again this last comp and still be at the same level. The person who won 3rd place in the forum comp this month . She has won twice Aug 2014 ( back to basics ) and May 2015. In August she was at level 177 and is still at that same level this time. This shows me, this is not an active farmer, but maybe a second account to someone. Are second accounts allowed in the contest? Do the mods check on the entries, levels, and if they are active farmers? You would think the Mods who are voting would take care and caution when considering who is a winner, makes one wonder where the FC is really going. This is such a shame, as there are many farmers who are active and are deserving of the Farm Cash, NOT a second account. I would hope you would take my note as a lesson, and not delete it to hide something, but to be more careful when you are considering your entries.
Copied from your own rules : Entries found to have come from second accounts and/or a second forum account will be disqualified. We are able to verify this, through certain avenues, and every entry will go through this verification process, in order to prevent multiple entries, by one person. This is to make things fair for everyone.
Hi Jazzy,
Thanks for your question and a chance to again clarify this. The purpose of that rule you quoted is to prevent 2 or more entries from the same person as stated "....in order to prevent multiple entries, by one person."
We do check to make sure that those entering do not have a second forum account, as that is against the TOS of the forum. If that is found then we make sure they have not entered a second entry. That second forum account is then disabled. If they were to make 2 separate entries from 2 forum accounts then both would be disqualified.
Entering a farm from a "secondary" farm is fine as long as they only enter once. Whether they are actively farming the entry farm is not a consideration.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old May 09 2015, 06:40 PM

Default Novice or Advanced?

Reading post #151 has made me very curious. How many times can you win as a 'Novice' before you are moved up to the 'Advanced' section?

If in fact someone is using a secondary account, then a check of the other farms when determining their designing ability, would not reveal whether they are truly a novice or an advanced designer. Perhaps a limit of prize wins in the 'Novice' section would help eliminate this problem.
Old May 09 2015, 07:03 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieGecko View Post
Reading post #151 has made me very curious. How many times can you win as a 'Novice' before you are moved up to the 'Advanced' section?

If in fact someone is using a secondary account, then a check of the other farms when determining their designing ability, would not reveal whether they are truly a novice or an advanced designer. Perhaps a limit of prize wins in the 'Novice' section would help eliminate this problem.
Hi AussieGecko,
The entry in question was not in fact a secondary account nor an inactive player as implied by the post you referred to. This will be the last said about this. The entry was legitimately entered and deemed a winner by the vote of all the judges. The class an entry is placed in is determined by the judges based on the overall work of the individual. If that work does not progress to advanced level then they stay in Novice.
That is all that will be said on this.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old May 22 2015, 03:33 AM

I am curious as to why I am seeing some very nice farm designs in these contests and I am seeing some simply amazing pictures of farm designs on my home page that are never entered in these contests. I haven't been on here and looked for a while ( not playing much these days) but the standard of the entries is not that great. These new designers really need to see just what can be done by the *true masters* of FT. I was inspired by designers such as Asea and Dork, until I saw their work I had no idea what could be done in this amazing game.
Old Aug 28 2015, 04:05 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

congrats to all the very clever and inventive people doing these wonderful farms, you have more patience than I will ever have, keep up the great work!!

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Aug 28 2015, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Rae View Post
congrats to all the very clever and inventive people doing these wonderful farms, you have more patience than I will ever have, keep up the great work!!
Hi Aussie Rae,

I have moved your post to the feedback thread

How to manually link your Farm to the forum

Contact Support

Old Aug 29 2015, 07:02 AM

this is awesome
Old Aug 29 2015, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsdont View Post
this is awesome
Hi mrsdont,

I have moved your post into the feedback thread

How to manually link your Farm to the forum

Contact Support

Old Sep 15 2015, 04:29 AM

just wondering where did the freestyle design forum go and the gallery forum go with the video was going to watch them again and cant see it thanks