Go Back   Farm Town > New Forum Users > Game Guide

Closed Thread

Old Sep 02 2009, 02:39 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Heddryin Send a message via AIM to Heddryin Send a message via MSN to Heddryin
Default Chapter 08 - Harvesting

1. How long does it take for a field to be ready for harvest?
  2. Why have some of my fields "gone to waste"?
  3. Can other people visiting my farm harvest crops?
  4. Why on my storage is there a plus sign (+)?
  5. Why some of my crops are "large" and others not?
  6. If several people harvest my farm, do I earn more money?
  7. Can I harvest the fields of my neighbours if they are on holiday?
  8. How do I sell my crops and my gifts on the market?
  9. What happens to my crops when i harvest?

Should you need to get back to this post to look for other information:
Each post has a Table of Contents link bottom right of the post, which when you click, will bring you right back here.

Last edited by Tiger; Jul 24 2023 at 12:38 PM.
Old Sep 25 2009, 04:21 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Heddryin Send a message via AIM to Heddryin Send a message via MSN to Heddryin
Default How long does it take for a field to be ready for harvest?

In fact, it depends on the type of seeds you sow.
The time it takes for each type of seed to be ready for harvest is shown in the store next to each bag of seeds.

Note: A "day" on Town Farm is 20 hours. The pineapples that grow in 3 "days" are actually ready after 60 hours, or 2 ½ days. They therefore go to waste after two and a half days. You have 5 days instead of 6 for harvest From the moment you have sown!

Last edited by Tiger; Jan 16 2016 at 08:36 AM.
Old Sep 25 2009, 04:26 PM

Default Why have some of my fields "gone to waste"?

If you do not harvest your fields in time, they go to waste.

The time you have to harvest your fields is equal to the time it takes for a seed to be ready for harvest.

Note that a "day" on Town Farm is 20 hours. The pineapples that grow in 3 "days" are actually ready after 60 hours, or 2 ½ days. They therefore rot after two and a half days, so you have 5 days instead of 6 for harvest From the moment you have sown!

When this happens you have to plow the fields to get rid of the wasted crops so you can replant.
Or if you don't like where the fields are, delete them and plow new fields.

Last edited by Tiger; Sep 30 2023 at 08:48 AM.
Old Oct 01 2009, 05:54 AM

Default Can other people visiting my farm harvest crops?

No, they can not.
They can talk with you if you are both on your farm at the same time.
They can also help you remove weeds, raking leaves and watering your farm. For each task they perform, they receive coins and exp.

The exception to this rule is if you have designated a neighbour a Super Neighbour. Please click the following link to go the Chapter about Super Neighbours to see details on that option.

Last edited by Tiger; Sep 30 2023 at 08:50 AM.
Old Oct 01 2009, 05:56 AM

Default Why is there a plus sign (+) on my storage?

Because the counter stops at 99!
This number only reflects the amount you have in Harvest & Products storage. Once you reach over one hundred crops and/or products in stock, the number is replaced by ++

Note: The number of items stored in the Items Storage doesn't influence this counter. For example, If you have a hundred unused Items in your storage such as buildings/decorations but you only have 3 boxes of apples in storage, the storage will show "3", not 103.

To find out more details about storage read Chapter 14 - Storage

Last edited by Tiger; Sep 30 2023 at 08:57 AM.
Old Oct 01 2009, 05:59 AM

Default Why are some of my crops "large" and others are not?

Your crops, once harvested, will appear in your storage in the form of bags or boxes (depending on crop type).
If you hire someone to do your crops it will increase the sale price, this is marked with "Large."

Crops that you harvested yourself sell for less coins - these are labelled with the name of the product, not large.

It does not make a difference what size box the crop is, when used to make products in facilites. The order they are used in is regular box first, then large boxes, then if you have any from the gift page, those get used last.

Last edited by Tiger; Sep 30 2023 at 08:58 AM.
Old Oct 01 2009, 06:01 AM

Default If several people harvest my farm, do I earn more money?

You do not earn more money, whether you hire one person or several to harvest your crops.

A field can be harvested only once by one person, and thus for this field you will receive a one-time price.

Last edited by Molly Mew; Apr 13 2010 at 06:02 PM.
Old Oct 01 2009, 06:07 AM

Default Can I harvest the fields of my neighbours if they are on holiday?

This is possible now with the addition of Super Neighbors. You can add a super neighbor by clicking on their picture in the neighbor bar and selecting Set as Super Neighbor. You can also give them permission to plant crops or design your farm for you.

For full details on how to make a neighbour a Super Neighbour and what exactly it is you can give them permission to do please click on this link: Super Neighbours

We do recommend you use this cautiously as they will be able to harvest and plant for you without any input from you. The amount of crops you get is the same you would get if you were to hire a neighbor normally. The amount they get from working as your super neighbor is the same as what they would normally get if you were hiring them in the normal way too.

Last edited by Tiger; Sep 30 2023 at 08:59 AM.
Old Oct 01 2009, 06:15 AM

Default How do I sell my crops and my gifts on the market?

You can sell your products at either Marketplace.

If you are only going to sell and not get hired or hire others please use the Trade Marketplace to sell.

The Job Marketplace is intended primarily used by those wanting to get hired or to hire farmers so that not everyone is in the same Marketplace and it's easier to see who wants to be hired and who is hiring.

To get to one of the Marketplaces, click on the Map, and then click on the Marketplace you want to go to.

On arrival at the market, a screen offers you several choices. One such choice is to sell your harvests or gifts.

When you click on "I want to sell my harvests or gifts" it will then open your Storage where you can chose what to sell from either the "Harvests & Products section" or "Items" section.

If this screen does not appear and you are at the Trade Marketplace you can click on Tom, the NPC (Non-player character) who is always in the upper right of the market. The Welcome screen appears again, and you can complete your needed task.

You can also sell primary products and products from a super facility to other farmers...

Primary products (crops, fruit, logs, flowers, fish, eggs, wool etc) can be sold to anyone in the game that is online. The Buyer and Seller do not need to be friends, neighbors or buddies and all transactions can take place anywhere within FarmTown.

Selling "Extra Products from Super Facility" is a little different as some you can only sell to your neighbours and the rest you must be at the trade marketplace to sell to others.

To find out all details on how to buy and sell click on Buying and selling between farmers

For full details on both the Job Marketplace and Trade Marketplace click on What is the Marketplace for?

Last edited by Tiger; Sep 30 2023 at 09:07 AM.
Old Apr 08 2010, 01:11 AM

Default What happens to my crops when i harvest?

When your crops are harvested they are stored in your Harvest & Products section of Storage for you to use in your facilities or you can sell them at the Marketplace.

You can find out all about the different sections of Storage in Chapter 14 - Storage

Last edited by Tiger; Sep 30 2023 at 09:12 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
buy and sell at market, gone to waste, harvest, harvest crops, market, marketplace, sell from gifts, sell from storage, waste, wasted field, wasted fields