Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Jun 05 2018, 08:07 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen.of.Clutter View Post
I have a "Non-Friend" that keeps showing up in my Chain Manager -- she is listed nowhere on any FT lists ... we are NOT friends on Facebook - I actually BLOCKED her on Facebook a couple weeks ago to see if that would remedy this, and today she showed up again for me to import products from. ????? I thought these chains were for neighbors?? Or friends..
Hi Queen.of.Clutter,

If you don't want her to show up in FT in the various places neighbours are used, you will need to not only remove her as a neighbour, but also remove yourself from her neighbours. As you can still see her in the chains she still has you for a neighbour.

Click on the non-neighbour button where you see it in the Facility Chains, and you will be taken to her farm. Then click the tool box bottom left of the screen. Click both the top two icons to remove yourself as a neighbour and as a buddy.
Old Jun 05 2018, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Laybourne View Post
Hi Queen.of.Clutter,

If you don't want her to show up in FT in the various places neighbours are used, you will need to not only remove her as a neighbour, but also remove yourself from her neighbours. As you can still see her in the chains she still has you for a neighbour.

Click on the non-neighbour button where you see it in the Facility Chains, and you will be taken to her farm. Then click the tool box bottom left of the screen. Click both the top two icons to remove yourself as a neighbour and as a buddy.
Thanks ! After some searching, I found that she & I were friends many years ago - she used to play another game with me also, but quit that, and I must have unfriended her not realizing she played FT with me also. All cleared up!
Old Jun 05 2018, 01:01 PM

In each facility chain, can all of the products be imported/exported? In the Flower Shop, 4 of the items have over 2000 products each in storage. Thanks.

Playing Farm Town since May 12, 2009!
Old Jun 05 2018, 01:07 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlene View Post
In each facility chain, can all of the products be imported/exported? In the Flower Shop, 4 of the items have over 2000 products each in storage. Thanks.
Hi Karlene,
The flower shop feeds several different service facilities. It would depend on which service your neighbors have as to which items you can export to them. So you may have some items that you can't export as no one has the service as a chain that those items are used in.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jun 07 2018, 02:23 AM

Default Exporting Products

Hi, I am puzzled and hope I can explain things so someone can answer my query! When I go to my list of products to Export/Import, I click on a facility that has Export products. So, say I have 5 people there that indicate I can Export to them. I have many thousands of items available to export, when I click the first person, off go the products, click the second and off go the products - then, when I still have many thousands of items available, the other 3 people that were originally lit up as being able to export too, have gone to pale blue and I cannot then export to them - even though I have enough products. Why does this happen. Is there a limit to what you can export from your total number of products available?
Old Jun 07 2018, 04:12 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbaraelwart View Post
Hi, I am puzzled and hope I can explain things so someone can answer my query! When I go to my list of products to Export/Import, I click on a facility that has Export products. So, say I have 5 people there that indicate I can Export to them. I have many thousands of items available to export, when I click the first person, off go the products, click the second and off go the products - then, when I still have many thousands of items available, the other 3 people that were originally lit up as being able to export too, have gone to pale blue and I cannot then export to them - even though I have enough products. Why does this happen. Is there a limit to what you can export from your total number of products available?
from my understanding barbaraelwart, when we Export, the person has to have room in their staging area for the goods.... if they have not Imported, and thereby moved the goods to their storage, their staging area cannot accept any new goods... this is why its important to Import before Exporting I find.... I may be wrong... one of the mods may be able to explain it more clearly for you...
Old Jun 07 2018, 05:47 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbaraelwart View Post
Hi barbaraelwart,

Aussie Rae is right about the staging area. Your neighbours need to have enough space in their staging area in order for you to export to them. They get that space by importing. Each time you export to someone the data refreshes to show who else you can export to. If one no longer can be exported to that means they have either had their staging area already filled by someone else or you have run out of the specific products they needed.

It also depends on what service facility they have as to which of the products they can have exported to them. Some service facilites will only need some of the items you have and not all of them. For example if you had the pizza restaurant and your neighbour had the movie theatre, they would only need 2 of the pizzas exported to them as that is all that service facility uses for pizzas. You can see which products you can export to each neighbour by clicking on the "Check Products" button when you open a chain to export.

If when you close the specific chain your "Export Products To" button is pale blue, it means you still have products you could export but your neighbours staging areas are all full. You can only export when that button is green as that is when you have at least one neighbour to export to that has space in their staging area.

Last edited by Tiger Laybourne; Jun 07 2018 at 05:56 AM.
Old Jun 09 2018, 02:45 AM

Thanks for the above replies, I guess it is related to the actual products that they need and what I have, I had not looked that far into it !
Old Jun 17 2018, 02:13 PM

I am wondering how do I get to become a person to import to? I can export just fine but i would also like to import as well. How can I do this? Thank you and I look forward to what answers I get.
Old Jun 17 2018, 03:04 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Husker Fan View Post
I am wondering how do I get to become a person to import to? I can export just fine but i would also like to import as well. How can I do this? Thank you and I look forward to what answers I get.
Hi Husker Fan,
You get to import when you create a facility chain with the service facilities. You have all the information on the facility chains in the Game Guide chapter 33:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=632506
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.

Tags
add chain, delete chain, export, facility chains, import