Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Dec 23 2016, 05:10 AM

Arrow Cargo Ships

Cargo Ships

This thread has been set up for any questions or problems you are having with Cargo Ships. Please read the following information BEFORE posting in this thread. Thank you!

-. A Cargo Ship will allow you to collect products by visiting up to 30 Ports, located on your neighbours farms.

-. You will be able to buy up to 7 Cargo Ships, located in the Trains/Ships category in the Store, all in coins.

-. This are the rules for purchasing each Cargo Ship:

Cargo Ship Blue, level 100, requires 10 neighbours
Cargo Ship Orange, level 200, requires 15 neighbours
Cargo Ship Green, level 300, requires 20 neighbours
Cargo Ship Purple, level 400, requires 25 neighbours
Cargo Ship Brown, level 500, requires 30 neighbours
Cargo Ship Pink, level 600, requires 35 neighbours
Cargo Ship Yellow, level 700, requires 40 neighbours

-. You can prepare only one Ship in a 24 hour period.

-. Each Ship carries up to a maximum of 10 containers with a different selection of products, you can only load one at a time and the preparation time can vary from 45 to 60 minutes. You have 24 hours to prepear as many containers as you can and then dispatch the Ship.

.- The Ship will return to its home Port after all the neighbours' Ports in the itinerary have been visited or 7 days have passed since you started the Preparation of the Ship. Then you will be able to Unload the Ship and all the carried products will be added to your Storage.

Check out our Game Guide for Ships

If you have ideas for the Ships please post in Freight Trains and Cargo Ships

This thread is for players to report problems only. Any off topic posts will be removed by a moderator without notice to the user.

Last edited by Taz D; Feb 24 2017 at 09:22 PM.
Old Dec 23 2016, 11:20 AM

Question Cargo Ships

Quick question.

Can a cargo ship be dispatched without having all of their containers filled? Let's say you are running out of time and know you won't have time to fill the other containers. Can I send it out? Or what if you know you only have time to do half of the containers and then when it returns to port you'll do the other half and keep that as your pattern. Will it work OK? Are their disadvantages to do this? Penalties?
Old Dec 23 2016, 11:56 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by imcgowan View Post
Quick question.

Can a cargo ship be dispatched without having all of their containers filled? Let's say you are running out of time and know you won't have time to fill the other containers. Can I send it out? Or what if you know you only have time to do half of the containers and then when it returns to port you'll do the other half and keep that as your pattern. Will it work OK? Are their disadvantages to do this? Penalties?
Hi imcgowan

Yes you can Disptch the Cargo Ship without filling all of the containers.
It will only return to port once it has visited all 30 of the neighbours on its' itinerary or 7 days have passed.
Have a look at what each container brings (same on all ships) and decide which products you need most of.
We can only send one ship per day, which works out well with having 7 ships, so you can fill different containers on different ships, or prioritise the same containers.
For example I am short on lakes so I know I will be sending fish container out most days but may not send the animal products container every day as, for the moment, I have a surplus of those products.
comment trouver votre farmlink how to find your farmlink
memcache where's my post gone quoi de neuf
Support (si on ne peut pas résoudre un problème ici)
Old Dec 23 2016, 12:15 PM

Smile Cargo Ships

Thank you so much for your reply. Now I understand the reasoning for buying more than one ship with the same products. So you get to use each ship with not needing to fill them all but to use the ship as you see fit. I like it and I'm glad I bought a new farm to put the ships on since there isn't room on any of my existing farms.

I don't know what holiday you celebrate but whatever it is I wish you the happiest.

Isabella
Old Dec 23 2016, 12:30 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by imcgowan View Post
Thank you so much for your reply. Now I understand the reasoning for buying more than one ship with the same products. So you get to use each ship with not needing to fill them all but to use the ship as you see fit. I like it and I'm glad I bought a new farm to put the ships on since there isn't room on any of my existing farms.

I don't know what holiday you celebrate but whatever it is I wish you the happiest.

Isabella
You're very welcome Isabella and many thanks - wishing you likewise
comment trouver votre farmlink how to find your farmlink
memcache where's my post gone quoi de neuf
Support (si on ne peut pas résoudre un problème ici)
Old Dec 23 2016, 01:30 PM

I bought all seven container ships last night, soon after they were released. I installed them on my farm 30, along with over a hundred "large bod(íes) of water. To do this, I moved my cluster of animal buildings toward the center of the farm. I started the first container on the yellow ship. When I came back, all ships, bodies of water, and my animal buildings (etc.) had disappeared. They are not in storage and I tried rebooting and clearing the memcache - to no avail. Help!

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...786&farm_ix=29

Last edited by gpk; Dec 23 2016 at 01:34 PM.
Old Dec 23 2016, 01:41 PM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpk View Post
I bought all seven container ships last night, soon after they were released. I installed them on my farm 30, along with over a hundred "large bod(íes) of water. To do this, I moved my cluster of animal buildings toward the center of the farm. I started the first container on the yellow ship. When I came back, all ships, bodies of water, and my animal buildings (etc.) had disappeared. They are not in storage and I tried rebooting and clearing the memcache - to no avail. Help!

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...786&farm_ix=29
Hi gpk,

I had a look for them. They are on your farm 27 Cadmus' Stone.
Old Dec 23 2016, 02:45 PM

Default boosting a ship

what and when do the neighbors boosting the ships get?
Old Dec 23 2016, 02:49 PM

do the ports go in order, or they go out to all 30 at once and u just wait for the 30
Old Dec 23 2016, 02:53 PM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdnelso View Post
what and when do the neighbors boosting the ships get?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdnelso View Post
do the ports go in order, or they go out to all 30 at once and u just wait for the 30
Hi Jdnelso,

We do not know what they get , if anything, it has not been mentioned in the notes for them. It might be worth you asking in the new release thread where the developers will see it and my update the notes if they do.

You can see what order the ships go to your neighbours by looking in the Ships Logbook. It will go to them one at a time.

Tags
cargo ships, container, dispatch ship, missing ship, ships