Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Jun 01 2018, 04:40 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Rae View Post
this is probably in the wrong spot but I have noticed that after updating Google Chrome browser just now, when playing ft... in the market or in messages, the cursor does not show when trying to type.... sometimes the actually words do get printed.. sometimes they don't... just passing on the info, all was working fine before chrome updated.
Hi Aussie Rae,

I have moved your post to help and support as it is not about the new release.

We are aware of the cursor being missing for some in Chrome. However as long as you first click your mouse in the chat window or whatever box you are trying to type in, then type your message it still should work.
Old Jun 08 2018, 10:34 AM

Default Messaging Neighbors while playing FT

I have been unable to get a cursor to type messages to neighbors while playing FT, both on the sheet of paper on the bottom when visiting someones farm or by hitting on their picture and hitting send a message to this person...

No cursor shows up so I cannot type my message to them, can you fix this?
Old Jun 08 2018, 10:38 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohnK67 View Post
I have been unable to get a cursor to type messages to neighbors while playing FT, both on the sheet of paper on the bottom when visiting someones farm or by hitting on their picture and hitting send a message to this person...

No cursor shows up so I cannot type my message to them, can you fix this?
Hi BigJohn,
I moved your post to the subject thread about the chat.

We are aware of the cursor being missing for some in Chrome. However as long as you first click your mouse in the chat window or whatever box you are trying to type in, then type your message it still should work.

Unfortunately we can not fix the problem as it is a Chrome problem and not something Farm Town can fix. There is more information in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=636338
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jun 16 2018, 11:22 AM

Default messages

Cannot send messages either in market place or to thank someone after working on their farms.
Need help on this one
Old Jun 16 2018, 11:32 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffy44 View Post
Cannot send messages either in market place or to thank someone after working on their farms.
Need help on this one
Hi Tuffy,
I moved your post to the subject thread about messages.

Are you trying to do this in full screen? The chat and messages do not work in full screen.

If you are using Chrome and do not have the cursor you can click in the box and still type and it will work, just no cursor.

If that is not it please try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.
If your farm is open close it. Then reopen and try again.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.

Last edited by Taz D; Jun 16 2018 at 03:30 PM.
Old Jun 16 2018, 08:20 PM

Question Chat box following my cursor

Not sure what is going on here but as you can see "Chris" is following me around ... no idea who "Chris" is. See attachments.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2018-06-16 (1).jpg (19.8 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 2018-06-16 (2).jpg (20.9 KB, 4 views)
Old Jun 16 2018, 08:26 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKatz View Post
Not sure what is going on here but as you can see "Chris" is following me around ... no idea who "Chris" is. See attachments.
Hi JKatz,
There isn't any way for us to tell who Chris is as avatar names are not unique. Looks like you are working as a super neighbor, so they may be another super neighbor for the person you were working for. There isn't any thing we can do about them following you.

If it is just the chat box you are concerned about try restarting your farms or if that doesn't work try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.

Last edited by Taz D; Jun 16 2018 at 08:31 PM.
Old Jun 16 2018, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi JKatz,
There isn't any way for us to tell who Chris is as avatar names are not unique. Looks like you are working as a super neighbor, so they may be another super neighbor for the person you were working for. There isn't any thing we can do about them following you.

If it is just the chat box you are concerned about try restarting your farms or if that doesn't work try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.
I wasn't working for anybody & nobody working for me. It is still there. I was working my own farms, talking to nobody. Just FYI. Will try those suggestions, thanks.

The mystery chat box is gone, thanks.
Old Jul 19 2018, 12:10 PM
Account Not Linked

Default Nobody is in the marketplace

For 3 days now there is nobody but Tom and I at the marketplace when I go there to hire and/or be hired. Why is this happening?
Old Jul 19 2018, 12:15 PM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReneeAllee View Post
For 3 days now there is nobody but Tom and I at the marketplace when I go there to hire and/or be hired. Why is this happening?
Hi ReneeAllee,

I have moved your post to the thread about the marketplace.

You need to change your language for the game to English (US) or English (UK). I'm not sure what you have set it to, but it's neither of those.

You can do that either from your game settings (preferences) , near the bottom of that box, change it then click the green check mark to save.

OR in the box when you click on the Map icon.

Tags
can't hire from farm, can't see anyone on farm, change language, market place