Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Aug 21 2014, 04:39 AM

Send a message via ICQ to B.Keeper

I've tried different laptops and different browsers all with cleared cache. FT is so slow at the moment that it just isn't worth the frustration! Everything I try to do takes a long time
I am in England if that helps you track down the problem but, from what I see above, it doesn't look like a geographic problem.
Old Aug 21 2014, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTime310 View Post
Now that you have mentioned that you are playing near "peak" hours, you have answered your own question. Your computer config is very close to mine. I do not seem to have the same problems though. My educated guess is that it has to do with your IP. Have you tried running a test of your "real-time" upload/download" speeds? There are sites that will do this for you. Over the pond where you are I think that this site would do the trick: (unauthorized outside link removed)
And as for your statement about the time differential, we are 8 hours behind you (MST-Mountain Standard Time - in Tucson, Arizona we don't fiddle with out clocks). Just FYI.
I'm not actually having a problem. I was just stating what happens here so that some in other areas may understand what is happening in there area.

My speeds have been checked, and are in my signature.
Time to load FT most days is around 30-40seconds before 12:00 BST and up to 2 minutes after 15:00 BST.

Another thing that helps with loading games that may be overlooked is to set a farm with none or few trees and buildings as your default farm, and to have buildings hidden when switching between farms.
Old Aug 21 2014, 07:55 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Keeper View Post
I've tried different laptops and different browsers all with cleared cache. FT is so slow at the moment that it just isn't worth the frustration! Everything I try to do takes a long time
I am in England if that helps you track down the problem but, from what I see above, it doesn't look like a geographic problem.
Hi B.Keeper,
I moved your post to a thread more about your problem.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Aug 21 2014, 11:04 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTime310 View Post
MST-Mountain Standard Time - in Tucson, Arizona we don't fiddle with out clocks
wow! i thought saskatchewan was the only place in north america that didn't fiddle with clocks twice a year. nice, isn't it!!
Old Aug 30 2014, 04:48 AM

Smile staggering crops and layering

new to forums,my computer is slow but what does it mean dont stagger crops or layers?
Old Aug 31 2014, 03:50 AM

Game running slow. please can some one confirm what layering is and also why staggering crops slows it thanks
Old Aug 31 2014, 10:22 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by juls31 View Post
new to forums,my computer is slow but what does it mean dont stagger crops or layers?
Quote:
Originally Posted by juls31 View Post
Game running slow. please can some one confirm what layering is and also why staggering crops slows it thanks
Hello Juls31,

Layer/staggering is stacking items on top of other items and isn't condoned by Slashkey, it can corrupt farm data, that is why is it very limited as to what can be discussed in the forum about layering.

My Server: WF-36 on Windows 8
Primary Browser: Chrome

To contact Support: Click Here.

Information on how to post a link to your farm: Click Here.

Information on how to clear several browser's cache: Click Here.

If you have a question please post them in the open forum and not in a private message or visitor message, unless it is in response to a private message. Thank you.
Old Aug 31 2014, 08:00 PM

Angry

FT is getting to the point I am about to GIVE UP Playing! Loading issues even on my own farms doesnt matter what browser I try to use an its every where, market, neighbors, strangers too!!! It has been like this for a month now!

FT needs to really raise 'cane' with FB cause I am sure its them screwing things up!!! I also have trouble loading my home page on any browers too!

I have done all the suggestions FT has listed an it shows OK plus I have uninstalled Flash an browsers an cleared cache etc till I am 'blue in the face'!!!

I just worked a neighbors farms an one of hers showed as if she hadn't done anything on half her farm, It showed Green an I knew she had crops there, I had to go to my farm an go back an have her rehire me after several attempts myself to get the crops to show up to no avail! It has also happened on others farms I have worked on in the mrkt an get stuck on the job for a long time trying to get one farm done to go to the next!!!

PLEASE HAVE THE DEVELOPERS RAISE HECK WITH FB AN FIX THIS!!! THANKS
Old Aug 31 2014, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollipopthebunny View Post
FT is getting to the point I am about to GIVE UP Playing! Loading issues even on my own farms doesnt matter what browser I try to use an its every where, market, neighbors, strangers too!!! It has been like this for a month now!
Part of the problem is Facebook's banner down the right side of the page while playing FT. The top part keeps blinking and scrolling across trying to get us players to click on another game to play. This eats up RAM and Java and keeps our computers working much harder. I have an old computer. It would work much better if FB would use static ads if any, and stop the blinking and scrolling. I have no doubt that SK pays FB plenty of money for their platform and think FB should remove that banner altogether.

I don't remember if Zynga games have that banner because I boycotted them several years ago and now I don't recall.

That's what I think, anyway.
Old Sep 20 2014, 05:08 PM

Default Adding to storage slow

This evening adding things to storage one by one (not the multitool) takes very long time. At least 10sek each item.

+ "calculating ingredience importance" has startet as blck box at my screen again. Has happen before, and I dont even go to facility manager so its weird.

I have cleared my cache.

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...6759&farm_ix=3

Last edited by MadamePondarosa; Sep 20 2014 at 05:19 PM.

Tags
adobe flash plugin crash, farmtown too slow, flash player, shockwave, shockwave plug-in, slow, slow game