Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Oct 12 2011, 11:25 PM
Senior Moderator

Arrow Quests

Quests

**Please note this thread is for help with any questions/problems you have with the quests. There is a thread in the Feedback section if you wish to discuss/comment on the quests. Any off-topic posts here in Help and Support can be deleted without prior notice. Thanks.**

Quests are goals that can be achieved for working and producing products on your own farm.
Prizes are in coins.
These quests are only enabled for users at level 30 or higher.

There is an icon in the extended tool bar (Mystery Dice) that will allow you to accept new Quests. Here are the rules:
  • You can only accept 1 Quest per day (every 20 hrs) and it has to be completed before it expires.
  • The Quests are chosen at random. You must complete the final/last step yourself (1st box shown top left of the Quest). If you do not own the facility required for the final step, you will not be able to complete the quest, you will just have to let the quest expire.
  • You can click on any step that requires a facility to complete and determine what facility is needed for that step.
  • You can have several active Quests at the same time depending on your level, here is the table:
  1. Level 30.....1 Max Active Quests
  2. Level 50.....2 Max Active Quests
  3. Level 100....3 Max Active Quests
  4. Level 150....4 Max Active Quests
  5. Level 200....5 Max Active Quests
- A Quest has several steps. Roll your mouse over each Quest Step to find out what needs to be done. You must complete each step before starting the next.

Quests Social Lifelines: Social Lifelines allows you to complete Quest Steps by interacting with friends. When you are stuck in a Quest you may decide to use a Social Lifeline to help you move forward.

- Click the lifesaver icon in the top right of the quest window. The type of lifeline given to you is random, so you will not know what it is until you have clicked it. For now there will be 3 different kinds of Social Lifelines:-

- Gifting Lifeline - Allows you to complete Quest Steps by using gifts or ingredients from friends. In this case after you accept the gifts or ingredients you will have to Store them for them to be counted toward your Quest Steps requirements.

Example : If you need an ingredient that can be gifted from the gift page or sent via requesting ingredients from a product in a facility that you own, you can use this lifeline to request the item or exchange a gift for it. Once stored it will count towards your quest.

- Trading Lifeline - Allows you to complete Quest Steps by trading goods with other farmers in the Market. This will help if you need a basic ingredient that can be bought from another farmer ( e.g. harvested crops, harvested animal products, chopped trees, fish, harvested flowers). You can not buy products made in facilities from another farmer.

- Employee Lifeline - Allows you to complete Quest Steps by working for others in farms or facilities. The product bonuses you get by working for others will count toward your Quest Steps requirements.
This will help if you can gain what you need by being hired to work on a farm or by working a facility to gain the products made in that facility. Example, if the middle part of the quest (not the final step) required a product made in a facility that you do not own yet but a neighbour does, you can work their facility to gain that product for part of your quest.

Lifelines can not be used for the final step of the Quest (1st box shown top left of the Quest). Also, you can only have 1 lifeline in use at any given time.

- You will earn prizes every time you complete a Quest. The Quest will be finished when all its steps are completed. Click the "Collect Coins" button to collect your reward.

The prize in coins will be higher depending on:

a) How fast the Quest was completed
b) The complexity of the Quest (amount of Quest Steps)
c) The level you are on

Earn Farm Cash while completing Quests:
You must collect your coins for each quest completed for them to show on the chart and to open a space for a new quest to be started.
Either earn 1 FarmCash if you have completed at least 3 quests in the last 7 days or earn 2 FarmCash if you have completed at least 8 quests in the last 7 days
Once you get your FarmCash, you'll have to wait at least 7 days to qualify for more FarmCash rewards. In other words, if you play frequently you should be able to win 1 or 2 FarmCash a week.
Please note that quests drop off the chart and are no longer counted exactly 7 days to the second after the last step is completed. If a quest completes at 8:35 AM on a Monday then at 8:35 AM the next Monday it is no longer counted.

For more information on Quests check out that section in the Game Guide http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=489690

FAQs

Q. My quest says i do not have enough of an ingredient to complete a step. My storage shows i have plenty. What do i do?
A. You may have run out of one size of a crop. The data in storage may need to be updated. To do this Exit and reload Farm town. Then try starting the step again.

Q. I have started a step in my facility, but the quest manager shows only 2/10 started?
A. Some quests require you to start more than one batch. Have a look at the step and see how many batches you need to start. If you have more than one of the facility you can start batches in those as well if needed.

Q. I'm getting X025 error when opening the Quest Manager, what can i do?
A. This error tends to clear itself up in up to a few hours, just keep trying every now and then.

IF you are still stuck on a quest and are not sure what to do, post a reply in this thread detailing the quest you are doing and the step you are stuck on and we will do our best to advise you.

To give Feedback on the Quests click on the following link and post a reply there.........
Feedback on Quests

For Suggestions for the Quests click on this one.......
Suggestions for the Quests

Last edited by Tiger Laybourne; Jul 27 2017 at 10:26 AM.
Old Mar 30 2014, 09:17 PM

I had a Quest Farm in the past to which crops where always ready due to the rotation planting I did. Now with this mystery eye, it hides the crop and I can't see what I need to plant next. Is there a way to return this back, where the crops are not hidden?
Old Mar 30 2014, 09:53 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry McDonald View Post
I had a Quest Farm in the past to which crops where always ready due to the rotation planting I did. Now with this mystery eye, it hides the crop and I can't see what I need to plant next. Is there a way to return this back, where the crops are not hidden?
Click the eye until it is fully open.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Mar 30 2014, 09:55 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry McDonald View Post
Go into the wrench at the top and you can deselect where it says eye icon only and nothing will be hidden or you can select for it to be dimmed instead of hidden.

My Server: WF-36 on Windows 8
Primary Browser: Chrome

To contact Support: Click Here.

Information on how to post a link to your farm: Click Here.

Information on how to clear several browser's cache: Click Here.

If you have a question please post them in the open forum and not in a private message or visitor message, unless it is in response to a private message. Thank you.
Old Mar 31 2014, 05:13 AM

Default FC and completed quests are not showing on bar

I have completed 3 quests in the last 4days. There is nothing in the box below the quests to indicate where I stand. I Collected the original FC when it launched. Now there has been nothing in the box, other than "accept quest" to move on to the next quest. Thank you for your assistance~
Old Mar 31 2014, 09:19 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frances Farm View Post
I have completed 3 quests in the last 4days. There is nothing in the box below the quests to indicate where I stand. I Collected the original FC when it launched. Now there has been nothing in the box, other than "accept quest" to move on to the next quest. Thank you for your assistance~
You only get the FC every 7 days. There isn't supposed to be any thing in that space until the next time you see the collect farm cash button.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Mar 31 2014, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy Lou View Post
thnx Taz for reply to 1 part. You are right 7 days has not yet gone by. Do you know how long it takes for your acct to be credited with the FarmCash? The 1FarmCash has yet not been credited. Thnx

Hi!

When you click in Collect Farm Cash button, a message is showed up asking you if you want to collect 1 or 2 farm cash then you need to click in the green check and farm cash is automatically added to your farmcash amount.

LINKING YOUR FARM TO THE FORUM

SUPPORT TEAM

Granjera desde el 29 de Julio 2009
Old Mar 31 2014, 04:43 PM

Default Red Maple Trees??

I have a quest that is for 10x Pancakes & Bacon in a Factory. One of the steps is to harvest maple sap. I have harvested my maple trees and am not getting credit for them. I clicked on that step in the quest and this is what it says "You can obtain Maple Sap by harvesting Red Maple Tree from your farm with the Harvest tool." The only maple trees are just the plain maple trees - can't find red maple trees in the store.
Old Mar 31 2014, 04:44 PM

Today I have the Taming Platform Quest. I got the employee life line. I had my own cotton, made my own aluminum ore and have worked a dozen facility posts and also loaded my own 3 metal mills with aluminiun sheets. Yes NOTHING is shown that the sheets are even started.
I've memcached, cleared history, rebooted, several times and still nothing shows that the aluminum sheets are even started.
Suggestions please
Old Mar 31 2014, 04:46 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbirkhead View Post
I have a quest that is for 10x Pancakes & Bacon in a Factory. One of the steps is to harvest maple sap. I have harvested my maple trees and am not getting credit for them. I clicked on that step in the quest and this is what it says "You can obtain Maple Sap by harvesting Red Maple Tree from your farm with the Harvest tool." The only maple trees are just the plain maple trees - can't find red maple trees in the store.
The red maple trees are gift items.

Tags
completed quest, farm cash, farmcash claim, harvest, help & support, lifeline, lifelines, quest, quest expires, quest manager, quest time, quest time remaining, quest time to make item, quest x025, quests, quests completed, regular quests, time limit, time to make an item, trading