Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Jun 14 2018, 10:02 AM

Hi, for the past 3 hours I have been getting an error message when trying to accept gifts. Never had any trouble before this. I cleared mem cache, Flash player cache and browser history. What's the problem?
Old Jun 14 2018, 10:21 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auntie Al View Post
Hi, for the past 3 hours I have been getting an error message when trying to accept gifts. Never had any trouble before this. I cleared mem cache, Flash player cache and browser history. What's the problem?
Hi Auntie Al,
Please be sure you have 3rd party cookies and pop ups allowed in your browser. You have instructions on how to do this for different browsers in the following thread:

http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=625118
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jun 14 2018, 10:35 AM

Thanks, it worked, but will I need to reset my browser back for other sites?
Old Jun 14 2018, 10:40 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Thanks, it worked, but will I need to reset my browser back for other sites?
Hi Auntie Al,
Not sure what you mean by other sites. The settings of the 3rd party cookies and pop ups are only for the Farm Town page when you have it open if you did it by the instuctions in that link.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jun 14 2018, 01:08 PM

I use Opera and there is no ability to manage exceptions, so I just unchecked the Block 3rd party cookies and site data. I still have pop-ups blocked and it seems to work fine.
Old Jun 14 2018, 01:10 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I use Opera and there is no ability to manage exceptions, so I just unchecked the Block 3rd party cookies and site data.
Hi Auntie Al,
There are instructions for Opera in the link I gave you.
Old Jun 14 2018, 01:15 PM

The only instructions in the link for Opera are regarding Flash Player. But either way it is working for me the way I did it.
Old Jun 14 2018, 01:17 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
The only instructions in the link for Opera are regarding Flash Player.
Hi Auntie AL,
That same post also shows how to add the sites to exceptions for the cookies:

3. Then click on "Manage Exceptions"" and add the following sites, one at a time >>

facebook.com
apps.facebook.com
r1.slashkey.com
l1.slashkey.com
trialpay.com

4. When you have done that reload your game.

Also , if you have an ad-blocker plugin in your browser make sure the above web sites are also allowed in that too.

Be sure you close and restart your browser for those changes to take effect.

*Note: If you are using private browsing either through your browser or through your anti-virus program, that will block 3rd party cookies and pop ups. You need to turn this off for when you are in Farm Town, so that those cookies and pop ups can be seen.
Old Jun 15 2018, 11:03 AM

Default Send or receive gifts

When I click on send gifts, I get a message that the program had a problem and is reloading. when it reloads it does it again. Can not send or receive gifts.
Old Jun 15 2018, 11:21 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by papamc60@verizon.net View Post
When I click on send gifts, I get a message that the program had a problem and is reloading. when it reloads it does it again. Can not send or receive gifts.
Hi Papamc,
I moved your post to the subject thread about gifts.

Sounds like you are using Safari on A Mac system. Please read the information in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=635906

Tags
accepting gift problem, blocked gifts list, can't send gifts, can't send gifts trains, cannot receive gifts, display issues, exchange gifts, expired, farm cash, friends list, gift, gift box, gift box issue, gift errors, gift exchange, gift help, gifting, gifts, gifts accept button, gifts issues, gifts not showing up, lost gifts, missing gifts., not able to receive gifts, receive gifts, receiving gifts, requests, returning gifts, send gifts, send gifts missing, sending gifts, unable to collect, unable to receive gifts, unabletogetgifts, window narrows