Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old May 25 2018, 11:48 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJones277 View Post
Again, I'm competing against my neighbors. This has to be fixed. I'm on several teams that I'm competing against. What's the point? And how is it fair to start with Team 1 with 520 facs and me with 494? I can't add 26 factories. Also, I notice that I get a lot of neighbors on my team that don't contribute anything. Don't you guys look at this kind of thing? Something is very wrong with all this.
Hi NJones,
How do you know the teams you are competing against are your neighbors? The avatar names are all you see of those contestants and avatar names are not unique. Anyone can choose the same names.

When the competitors are chosen (by computer) they try to match those with the closest amount of facilities. If there are not enough with exactly the same number of facilities as you then they have to select some that have less or more than you but are the closest to the same amount. There are not that many players who have as high a number as you have of the facilities. This could also contribute to the fact you may be playing against some of your neighbors. There have to be 10 competitors in each contest and when the choices are few then you end up competing against some of your neighbors.

Even if some of your neighbors only contribute a small amount their points still count for you. The developers are still working on some changes to how the points are added and that will help.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old May 26 2018, 12:51 AM

I know the avatar names that belong to my neighbors and the ones that belong to many of my friends. It's not a big secret. Just a way for the game to get away with making you compete against yourself. Don't mean to be hateful, just very frustrated right now. The NCC is something I really enjoy and I feel like it's pointless right now. Just using up inventory.
Old May 26 2018, 09:47 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJones277 View Post
I know the avatar names that belong to my neighbors and the ones that belong to many of my friends. It's not a big secret. Just a way for the game to get away with making you compete against yourself. Don't mean to be hateful, just very frustrated right now. The NCC is something I really enjoy and I feel like it's pointless right now. Just using up inventory.
Hi NJones,
The game can only pick from those that enter the contest. If 9 others with the exact amount of facilities as you don't enter then they have to choose from those that have the closest amount. In that case then sometimes they might be your neighbors if that is all they have to choose from.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jun 07 2018, 10:24 AM
Account Not Linked

Hi I started neighbourhood chains contest this morning I have come back on to farmtown and went into neighbourhood chains contest this afternoon and I now have a message reading ' you have abandoned the contest for this week, next contest starts next Thursday 12AM EST.
I didn't know it was possible to abandon this contest can anyone help me with this.

Hi I started neighbourhood chains contest this morning I have come back on to farmtown and went into neighbourhood chains contest this afternoon and I now have a message reading ' you have abandoned the contest for this week, next contest starts next Thursday 12AM EST.
I didn't know it was possible to abandon this contest can anyone help me with this.

Last edited by Taz D; Jun 07 2018 at 10:29 AM.
Old Jun 07 2018, 10:28 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Lea View Post
Hi Little Lea,
I have moved your post to the Help & Support subject thread about the Neighborhood Chains Contest.

If you move one of the facilities in the contest after it has started then you are removed from that contest. That is in the rules in the Game Guide chapter for the contest:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=621846
Old Jun 14 2018, 02:24 AM

Question Neighborhood Chains Contest

I haven't been able to play the Neighborhood Chains Contest for months now. I start it and nothing happens. Is this a common problem or just mine???
Old Jun 14 2018, 04:50 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmercatherine View Post
I haven't been able to play the Neighborhood Chains Contest for months now. I start it and nothing happens. Is this a common problem or just mine???
Hi farmercatherine,

What do you mean nothing happens, did the "My Neighbourhood Chains" section not open for you when you clicked the work button and started your products?

What are you seeing when you open the NCC and look in the Contest Info section? This week you should see the first facility is the Summer store. Try clicking "work" and starting work in the facilites and the "My Neighbourhood Chains" and "Competing Neighbourhoods" sections should be accessible to you.

If you can not see that try clearing your FT memcache. To do that Click Here. A window will open with a list of "unsetting", that is the memcache being cleared. Close that window and FT if you have it open in another window. Then reload and check again.
Old Jun 14 2018, 11:51 AM

Default Isn't working for me

I haven't been able to get the Chain Contest to work for months. When I click to start working the fac/factories, nothing changes. It won't open for me. I've cleared everything, deleted cookies, restarted and even shut down my computer. I'm using a new computer now, but the contest still won't open. Instead of the contest starting after I work the first factory or facility, nothing happens. It will allow me to work them, but the contest doesn't start. As I said, this has been going on for months.
Old Jun 14 2018, 11:57 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmercatherine View Post
I haven't been able to get the Chain Contest to work for months. When I click to start working the fac/factories, nothing changes. It won't open for me. I've cleared everything, deleted cookies, restarted and even shut down my computer. I'm using a new computer now, but the contest still won't open. Instead of the contest starting after I work the first factory or facility, nothing happens. It will allow me to work them, but the contest doesn't start. As I said, this has been going on for months.
Hi Catherine,
You need to go into your Preferences and check the box for Enable NCC. That being unchecked is why you have not been able to start the contest.
Old Jun 15 2018, 09:47 AM

Default Coop Quest

My Coop Quest is not working right. It does not let me open "My Neighborhood Chains" or "Competing Neighborhoods".

Tags
add faciities in contest, add owned facilities, boosting trains, contest, exp pts, facilities in contest, help and support, ncc, neighborhood chain, neighborhood contest, neighborhood contest., neighborhood contests, posting faci;ities, working the contest