Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Jan 06 2020, 08:38 PM

Using Chrome OS--which I have always used. I have restarted computer-unplugged router and unplugged what is hooked up to it, waited 10 minutes--retried still have same FT problems--did it again this time 30 mins--still the same. Tried a couple more times, even longet times-still same problems. Cleared memcache, history (I do that a few times daily). website/global storage--unlimited--allow 3rd party/store--all checked. unlimited storage, Global security--always allow/global activity--allow--deleted cdn.slashkey--macro cache. Installed Opera-tried to get into FT--told me my password isn't valid--it is--I use it daily--tried a few times to get in couldn't--uninstalled/reinstalled--same thing--uninstalled again--website storage--unlimited. My flash is updated. I have everything hidden on my farms. Even took some things out--still the same. My browser is updated. Did the Server Test--Status OK--Internet Speed Test--speed slow-. I play another game on FB and don't have a problem with that one. It's just FT, It was OK until the 1st of the yr then it just wont let me plant. work other farms, do gifts (that was ok yesterday), Everyday I do the memcache thing before I start anything on my computer--FT is the thing that I am having problems with. I even looked on line about my problem-did the same things above and still problems. So I am at a loss--did I miss something somewhere?
Old Jan 06 2020, 08:54 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellzfury View Post
Using Chrome OS--which I have always used. I have restarted computer-unplugged router and unplugged what is hooked up to it, waited 10 minutes--retried still have same FT problems--did it again this time 30 mins--still the same. Tried a couple more times, even longet times-still same problems. Cleared memcache, history (I do that a few times daily). website/global storage--unlimited--allow 3rd party/store--all checked. unlimited storage, Global security--always allow/global activity--allow--deleted cdn.slashkey--macro cache. Installed Opera-tried to get into FT--told me my password isn't valid--it is--I use it daily--tried a few times to get in couldn't--uninstalled/reinstalled--same thing--uninstalled again--website storage--unlimited. My flash is updated. I have everything hidden on my farms. Even took some things out--still the same. My browser is updated. Did the Server Test--Status OK--Internet Speed Test--speed slow-. I play another game on FB and don't have a problem with that one. It's just FT, It was OK until the 1st of the yr then it just wont let me plant. work other farms, do gifts (that was ok yesterday), Everyday I do the memcache thing before I start anything on my computer--FT is the thing that I am having problems with. I even looked on line about my problem-did the same things above and still problems. So I am at a loss--did I miss something somewhere?
Hi hellzfury,
You cannot compare other games on Facebook to Farm Town. They are not the same and don't use the same resources.
You do not have a password for Farm Town. You must log into Facebook then go to Farm Town.

Key here I think is your internet speed test - slow. If this is slow then that can cause a back up of the data being transferred between you and the Farm Town servers. What speed are you supposed to be getting to and from your Internet Service Provider? It could be they are having trouble which could be slowing you down or it could be they have slowed you down on purpose for excessive traffic.
For the gifts problem use the instructions in the following link for each of the 2 browsers to make sure cookies and popups are allowed correctly. The browsers have changed how you have to do this:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=625118

I have noticed one other thing not related, but still you need to take care of. Your Harvest and Products storage looks very full. You have not been selling off your non-ingredienst for a while which you need to do to keep the storage from getting full and causing you to lose items.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.

Last edited by Taz D; Jan 06 2020 at 09:01 PM.
Old Jan 07 2020, 01:35 AM

I have Broadband/in home wi fi enabled equipment and up to 25 mbps--I don't think I have had that many mbps since I have had this service. Everytime I log into FB have to put in my password and I know FT doesn't have password. I also found that if I sale some of my non ingredients, I am selling some of those ingredients used in other things-I usually sell things monthly--but sold some today just to see if there is a difference. I can't tell I still get that number, then have to reload again. It is going a little bit faster, but not much, but I will give it another day or two and see if it straightens itself out. I don't think the company is limiting me-because in the morning I spend a couple of hrs online, then don't come back til late afternoon for about 20-30 mins and later in the evening for about 30-45 mins--depends on what I am doing--if I even come on that amount of time--sometimes its just one time for 1-2 hrs. I don't stream/.don't have cable--so that's not it. So guessing I am gonna have to call my internet company and see what excuse they give me this time Thanks so much for your help--really appreciate---plus I did learn a couple of new things going thru all these problems.
Old Jan 07 2020, 01:44 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellzfury View Post
I have Broadband/in home wi fi enabled equipment and up to 25 mbps--I don't think I have had that many mbps since I have had this service. Everytime I log into FB have to put in my password and I know FT doesn't have password. I also found that if I sale some of my non ingredients, I am selling some of those ingredients used in other things-I usually sell things monthly--but sold some today just to see if there is a difference. I can't tell I still get that number, then have to reload again. It is going a little bit faster, but not much, but I will give it another day or two and see if it straightens itself out. I don't think the company is limiting me-because in the morning I spend a couple of hrs online, then don't come back til late afternoon for about 20-30 mins and later in the evening for about 30-45 mins--depends on what I am doing--if I even come on that amount of time--sometimes its just one time for 1-2 hrs. I don't stream/.don't have cable--so that's not it. So guessing I am gonna have to call my internet company and see what excuse they give me this time Thanks so much for your help--really appreciate---plus I did learn a couple of new things going thru all these problems.
Hi hellzfury,
If you use the filter in the market for selling that is called Non-ingredients then you will not be selling anything that you can use in any facility or the one called Non-ingredients (for me)and that will sell any ingredient not used in the facilities you own. Neither will sell items used in any of your facilities.
For your internet if you are not getting the full 25 mbps then you need to contact your service provider and have them find out why. You are paying for that service and they should be providing it at the full speed you are paying for.
You can tell how full your storage is by opening it and look at the percentage at the top. I recommend you try to keep that under 95% to keep from losing anything.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 11 2020, 05:38 AM
Account Not Linked

nothing wrong with the game ...well why on the server C20 W26 am I getting the message connection to server has timed out.? then when I reload the farm to reconnect it the game will not load.if i am lucky it will after refreshing 5 times
Old Jan 11 2020, 05:57 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilda jean ellis View Post
nothing wrong with the game ...well why on the server C20 W26 am I getting the message connection to server has timed out.? then when I reload the farm to reconnect it the game will not load.if i am lucky it will after refreshing 5 times
Hi hilda jean ellis,

That's just the games version of telling you that you are having issues with internet connection. Much like if you were to have an issue getting to another site and had a similar problem that would return it's own version of the error or connection message. After so long of trying it times out. It does not necessarily mean it's that particular server, it can be generated when you have a problem before you get to that server.

If you had no problems with the server tests then it's not likely to be the game servers. As Taz has already mentioned, if your server was having problems constantly then we would expect everyone on that server would be having exactly the same problem and we would have a considerable amount of people reporting it.

Do you have a trusted family member or friend located in a different area than you are, that you would trust to log into your account and is capable of loading the types of farm you have, so they know what to expect loading time wise? If you do, have them try logging in on your account and try loading your game and see if they get the same problems as you do.

If you do not wish to do that and would prefer support do this for you then you can of course request help from the support team.
Old Jan 11 2020, 09:25 PM

when we post our facilities bonuses etc... it somehow is triggering FB because again as we are not allowed to share them to a group, seems like Facebook thinks we are spamming when we post facilities bonuses etc...
i cant seem to get my snapshot to post here, but we get the 'you can't use this option right now " we limit how often can post ...... pop up

Last edited by JNelson; Jan 11 2020 at 09:44 PM. Reason: added picture
Old Jan 11 2020, 09:58 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNelson View Post

when we post our facilities bonuses etc... it somehow is triggering FB because again as we are not allowed to share them to a group, seems like Facebook thinks we are spamming when we post facilities bonuses etc...
i cant seem to get my snapshot to post here, but we get the 'you can't use this option right now " we limit how often can post ...... pop up
Hi JNelson,
I am sorry but there is nothing we can do to fix this. That is a Facebook error message and they set the limits on how many times you can post. You will have to contact Facebook about this.
Old Jan 11 2020, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi JNelson,
I am sorry but there is nothing we can do to fix this. That is a Facebook error message and they set the limits on how many times you can post. You will have to contact Facebook about this.

posted my FM one time, shared to one group only, and 5 bonuses but only shared to group one of those bonuses -- how can that be more than their limits
Old Jan 11 2020, 11:39 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNelson View Post
posted my FM one time, shared to one group only, and 5 bonuses but only shared to group one of those bonuses -- how can that be more than their limits
Hi JNelson,
You will have to ask Facebook that question. How they set the limit is not up to us. They don't just count your Farm Town posts as anything you post counts.

Tags
boost train, cannot load game, connecting to mainframe, error saving data x025, farm not loading, farm town not loading, flash player, flash player issues, green screen, loading error, loading issues, saving data, shockwave, shockwave flash, white screen, x025 error