Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1991  
Old Nov 23 2019, 12:34 AM
JNelson JNelson is offline
 
Join Date: May 12 2016
Posts: 368
Default

just clarify - if you have your ships in storage its doesn't affect how they work - they still function same as if you had them on a field -- the chapter file - i know isnt 100% current - but it was not totally clear on this and i want to double check myself
Reply With Quote
  #1992  
Old Nov 23 2019, 01:56 AM
Taz D's Avatar
Taz D Taz D is offline
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 29 2010
Location: Ace, Tx
Posts: 24,919
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNelson View Post
just clarify - if you have your ships in storage its doesn't affect how they work - they still function same as if you had them on a field -- the chapter file - i know isnt 100% current - but it was not totally clear on this and i want to double check myself
Hi JNelson,
You are correct that if you have your ships in storage than they still can be used. Same if yu sold them. Once you buy them then you can use them to dispatch regardless of where you have them. The ships are the only items that once you buy them they are usable anytime.
The chapter file is current, but that is not something that is needed information for everyone because most keep them out on a farm to dispatch them, so it is not stated in the chapter on the ships.
__________________
Taz
Dubh Glais Estates
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Reply With Quote
  #1993  
Old Nov 23 2019, 03:42 AM
JNelson JNelson is offline
 
Join Date: May 12 2016
Posts: 368
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi JNelson,
You are correct that if you have your ships in storage than they still can be used. Same if you sold them. Once you buy them then you can use them to dispatch regardless of where you have them. The ships are the only items that once you buy them they are usable anytime.
The chapter file is current, but that is not something that is needed information for everyone because most keep them out on a farm to dispatch them, so it is not stated in the chapter on the ships.
Thank you, it had said something about putting them in storage but this bit was not in the chapter so i just wanted to be 100% sure i wasn't missing something
Reply With Quote
  #1994  
Old Nov 23 2019, 03:44 AM
JNelson JNelson is offline
 
Join Date: May 12 2016
Posts: 368
Default

one more question - do the ships take up storage space/capacity?
Reply With Quote
  #1995  
Old Nov 23 2019, 05:10 AM
Tiger's Avatar
Tiger Tiger is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 12 2010
Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!
Posts: 9,897
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNelson View Post
one more question - do the ships take up storage space/capacity?
Hi JNelson,

Cargo Ships do count towards storage capacity, however you can delete them if you wish and then use the seaport manager to manage them as they do not get deleted from data.
Reply With Quote
  #1996  
Old Nov 26 2019, 08:24 AM
imgowan imgowan is offline
Account Not Linked
 
Join Date: Nov 08 2018
Posts: 16
Question Cargo Ships

None of my cargo ships are working properly. Yesterday my yellow and brown ship had a neighbor on for 11 hours and she was still there this morning. Less than an hour ago 3 neighbors showed ports worked on but the biggest problem is my pink ship. The pink one says it's ready to unload but when I go to the log it shows 3 others players have to work on the ship. These are neighbors who would never let a ship go to waste.

What is happening? I cleared my browser but that didn't help. I also rebooted my computer.

I'd appreciate your help.

Isabella
Reply With Quote
  #1997  
Old Nov 26 2019, 08:43 AM
marymarcel's Avatar
marymarcel marymarcel is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 30 2009
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posts: 13,314
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by imgowan View Post
None of my cargo ships are working properly. Yesterday my yellow and brown ship had a neighbor on for 11 hours and she was still there this morning. Less than an hour ago 3 neighbors showed ports worked on but the biggest problem is my pink ship. The pink one says it's ready to unload but when I go to the log it shows 3 others players have to work on the ship. These are neighbors who would never let a ship go to waste.

What is happening? I cleared my browser but that didn't help. I also rebooted my computer.

I'd appreciate your help.

Isabella
Hi Isabella

I moved your post to the thread about Cargo Ships.

I had a look at your data and your Yellow and Brown ships are sailing and waiting (for about 1 hour) to be loaded at port 20 at the time I checked data. If they were waiting for 11 hours at a port maybe that farmer had a problem and couldnt be on line to send your ships earlier.

For your problem with your Pink ship, data shows it has returned home.
Please remember that a ship will return to its home Port after all the neighbours' Ports in the itinerary have been visited OR 7 days have passed since you started the Preparation of the Ship, whatever happens first.

The pink ship has returned home as more than 7 days have passed since you started the preparation of the ship.
__________________
CONSIGUE EL LINK A TU GRANJA

LINKING YOUR FARM TO THE FORUM

SUPPORT TEAM



Granjera desde el 29 de Julio 2009
Reply With Quote
  #1998  
Old Nov 26 2019, 09:25 AM
imgowan imgowan is offline
Account Not Linked
 
Join Date: Nov 08 2018
Posts: 16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marymarcel View Post
Hi Isabella

I moved your post to the thread about Cargo Ships.

I had a look at your data and your Yellow and Brown ships are sailing and waiting (for about 1 hour) to be loaded at port 20 at the time I checked data. If they were waiting for 11 hours at a port maybe that farmer had a problem and couldnt be on line to send your ships earlier.

For your problem with your Pink ship, data shows it has returned home.
Please remember that a ship will return to its home Port after all the neighbours' Ports in the itinerary have been visited OR 7 days have passed since you started the Preparation of the Ship, whatever happens first.

The pink ship has returned home as more than 7 days have passed since you started the preparation of the ship.

Regarding the pink ship, 7 days did not pass when it got stuck where it is. Also it's still telling me that I can skip the next port waiting.
Reply With Quote
  #1999  
Old Nov 26 2019, 10:00 AM
Taz D's Avatar
Taz D Taz D is offline
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 29 2010
Location: Ace, Tx
Posts: 24,919
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by imgowan View Post
Regarding the pink ship, 7 days did not pass when it got stuck where it is. Also it's still telling me that I can skip the next port waiting.
Hi imgowan,
The ships logbook will still show the data of where it was when it returned home and the skip will still show available even though it has returned. The only thing you can do is to unload it and start preparing it again.
__________________
Taz
Dubh Glais Estates
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Reply With Quote
  #2000  
Old Nov 26 2019, 12:14 PM
imgowan imgowan is offline
Account Not Linked
 
Join Date: Nov 08 2018
Posts: 16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi imgowan,
The ships logbook will still show the data of where it was when it returned home and the skip will still show available even though it has returned. The only thing you can do is to unload it and start preparing it again.
OK. I probably never had it happen before. Thanks for the help. Have a great holiday.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cargo ships, container, cranes, dispatch ship, logbook, pink port, port deleted, red skip port, replace port, reuse itinerary, ship rewards, ship's logbook, ships, skip port

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:09 AM.