Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Sep 21 2016, 11:19 AM

Same here. I've done all the usual things, no effect. We really need help here.
Old Sep 21 2016, 11:32 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by milliejs View Post
Taz, I really appreciate your help. I play farmtown for the enjoyment and relaxation and interaction with others; however, I just am not going to keep trying to change all my browsers to keep up with all of this. If it won't work in Chrome or IE...it just isn't worth the frustration of trying to find somewhere where it will work. Thanks again.
Hi milliejs,
How many is "not that many" friends?

Have you checked to see if your Chrome is updated? It might just be that you need to update it.

Also, check your anti-virus program and make sure that it hasn't blocked any of those sites as well.

You can contact Support and see if they can find anything that is preventing your sending gifts. To contact Support click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/settings2/support/
You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then check your spam folder as sometimes those emails get classified as spam.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Sep 21 2016, 01:07 PM

If it matters, since the gifting problem started, I've also noticed that when I look at my neighbor bar, they are there, but their avatars are all blank silhouettes.
Old Sep 21 2016, 01:28 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ View Post
If it matters, since the gifting problem started, I've also noticed that when I look at my neighbor bar, they are there, but their avatars are all blank silhouettes.
Hi KCJ,
That would be part of it, because all that information comes from Facebook and if the lists are not coming through for you then the pictures will not show either. On mine I will see the blank faces too sometimes. When that happens though I can click on play and they show up the next time it loads.
It has to be something on your computer that is blocking that data from being down loaded or you have over 1,000 friends that play Farm Town.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Sep 22 2016, 08:26 PM
Account Not Linked

Default Cannot gift

I too cannot gift. I only 60 some friends so my list is certainly not too big. It just sits there and never loads any names. There should always be friends listed as there are a few not playing for a while and I have not sent them gifts. I do have neighbors showing up in my neighbor boxes. I have been having problems with Chrome. Foxfire is not good at catching bad websites so I do not want to use it. Are the problems with Edge corrected? We used to get messages saying not to use Edge to send gifts as it would not allow us to do so.
Any thoughts on those of us with this problem?
I just found out that 47 gifts in my requests disappeared when I tried to send them to my gift box.

Last edited by david1323; Sep 22 2016 at 08:53 PM.
Old Sep 22 2016, 09:05 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by david1323 View Post
I too cannot gift. I only 60 some friends so my list is certainly not too big. It just sits there and never loads any names. There should always be friends listed as there are a few not playing for a while and I have not sent them gifts. I do have neighbors showing up in my neighbor boxes. I have been having problems with Chrome. Foxfire is not good at catching bad websites so I do not want to use it. Are the problems with Edge corrected? We used to get messages saying not to use Edge to send gifts as it would not allow us to do so.
Any thoughts on those of us with this problem?
I just found out that 47 gifts in my requests disappeared when I tried to send them to my gift box.
Hi David,
Please try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.
If your farm is open close it. Then reopen and try again.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

Also, check to make sure you haven't blocked Farm Town from your newsfeed. Go to settings then Blocking in the left column of that page. Make sure farm Town is not in that list.
Your own posts will not show up in your newsfeed that often. This is Facebook doing that and nothing you or Farm Town can do about that.

If you go to the My Requests tab from your farm and click on the Show Farm Town Wall Posts at the top of that page you should see the posts from your neighbors. Right click on the link and open in a new tab and your list will stay intact. Then when you have finished just close the tab that opened for that farm.

Please provide a link to your farms so we can check this. Going to your farm and copying the address does not work as that is a generic link that takes us to our own farms. The automatic linking does not work either so you will have to create one and paste it here in a reply. Please follow the instructions on how to do that are in the following link:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=579554
Old Sep 22 2016, 09:35 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi David,
Please try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.
I tried clearing the memcache and that worked. I can now send gifts. Thanks Taz.
Old Sep 22 2016, 09:37 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by david1323 View Post
I tried clearing the memcache and that worked. I can now send gifts. Thanks Taz.
Hi David,
You are welcome. Thanks for letting us know.
Old Sep 22 2016, 10:04 PM

Default Gifts not clearing

Hi, I click to accept gifts and looks like all is good till I attempt to send back, after selecting the gift to send nothing happens & the page freezes up. If I close and reopen the page the same gifts are there. Also when attempting to speed up a friends train I get request expired. I have cleared my cached, when attempting to clear my flash player, I am told it is not installed so tried to delete the flash manually I am told I do not have permission. I have restarted my computer. Help please this has been ongoing for a week figured it was a glich & would be fixed but still not!!! Please help!! Really don't want to uninstall chrome unless necessary.
Old Sep 22 2016, 10:17 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcm151 View Post
Hi, I click to accept gifts and looks like all is good till I attempt to send back, after selecting the gift to send nothing happens & the page freezes up. If I close and reopen the page the same gifts are there. Also when attempting to speed up a friends train I get request expired. I have cleared my cached, when attempting to clear my flash player, I am told it is not installed so tried to delete the flash manually I am told I do not have permission. I have restarted my computer. Help please this has been ongoing for a week figured it was a glich & would be fixed but still not!!! Please help!! Really don't want to uninstall chrome unless necessary.
Hi bcm,
Are you trying to send back the first gift on the page, the gardner with hedge trimmer? If that is it try sending a different gift as there has been a problem with the first gift location for quite a while and the developers have not fixed it yet. If it is not the first gift in the list then follow the instructions below for the memcache.
For the trains expired, when you run into this if you have more than 1 train to boost, don't click on any more of them. Immediately try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.

Also, check to make sure you have allowed 3rd party cookies and pop ups in your browser settings. Those are needed for the in game pop up screens to show.

If you do not want to open up your browser to all 3rd party cookies or all pop ups you can add the following web sites to the exceptions for those settings:
Slashkey.com
L1.slashkey.com
Facebook.com
Apps.facebook.com
Trialpay.com

Also , if you have an ad-blocker plugin in your browser make sure the above web sites are also allowed in that too.

Be sure you close and restart your browser for those changes to take effect.

Please note to add the sites in exceptions:
In Chrome you have to go to Advanced settings at the bottom of the options page.
In Firefox add the sites under the Content tab for pop ups and under the Privacy tab for cookies. For the cookies to work you must set the History setting to "Use custom settings for history"

Chrome has it's own built-in Flash Player plug-in, so the only way you can reinstall Flash in Chrome is to uninstall and re-install Chrome. Chrome did do an update today, so you may only need to make sure it is updated. The new Flash version in Chrome is version 23.

Tags
can't accept gifts, can't exchange, can't send gifts, exchange gifts, gift, gift box, gift errors, gifts, gifts not showing up, how many gifts, not able to receive gifts, receive gifts, receiving gifts, returning gifts, send gifts, sending gifts, stuck gifts, unable to receive gifts, window narrows