Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Aug 19 2010, 01:45 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

I miss not being able to delete the red plowing square by rehiring plowers...can you reinstitute that option please...otherwise all the changes are great...

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Aug 19 2010, 02:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepawbill View Post
I miss not being able to delete the red plowing square by rehiring plowers...can you reinstitute that option please...otherwise all the changes are great...
the suggestions forum would be the best spot for this post, it will get noticed more there
Old Aug 19 2010, 02:23 AM
Account Not Linked

I've just completed my first major harvest of crops since purchasing the fertilizer tool. Everything worked well and my storage is now full of bumper (double) harvests - shortages of things like tomatoes, wheat, and corn are now a thing of the past.

I paid $10 real money to purchase the FC needed - the cost of one trip to the cinema or a couple of visits to Maccas - far as I'm concerned it's money well spent given the time I spend enjoying FarmTown

A 6th farm (or more) would still be nice, but congrats to the devs for such a great new enhancement to game play!
Old Aug 19 2010, 02:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobcatTchai View Post
I paid $10 real money to purchase the FC needed - the cost of one trip to the cinema or a couple of visits to Maccas - far as I'm concerned it's money well spent given the time I spend enjoying FarmTown

A 6th farm (or more) would still be nice, but congrats to the devs for such a great new enhancement to game play!
Here, here Bobcat.
I get hours of enjoyment here. All laid on for my enjoyment and entirely possible to play without spending a cent.

I too have lashed out and spent almost the price of a couple of bottles of budget red and that has let me buy a few facilities. I have no problem with making what feels like a very meagre donation toward the continued development of the game, and find it disappointing that so many have become so angry that they cannot get more and more for free, and then grump about so much in the game anyway.
Phorest Pharm
Cedar Phorest
Phunny Pharm
Phertile Phields
Phar Owt
Absolutely Phabulous

Pharming phrantically since May 18, 2010 after a break away over the summer.
Old Aug 19 2010, 02:54 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Borgies View Post
Hi there SivNorway!

Fertilizer makes crops crow stronger with a bigger/larger harvest.

You need the pigsty as well as the pigs to harvest manure so that you have fertilizer to use with a Manure Spreader.

You need the Manure Spreader from the store, which you will find under the "Tools" tab. Using this tool, you need to spread the manure over your crops by clicking on the spreader, then clicking on 'Fertilize Farm'. Your whole farm will then be fertilized. You can move the spreader from farm to farm to fertilize all of your farms.

This is the only way to get double coins and crops.

Once your crop is ready to harvest, you use your harvest tool as you always have done before this update to gather your crops.

I hope this is of some help to you.
thank you.
I dont understand all of it, but I will try - and see what happened.

If I understand right, I must have a pigsty and pigs, and the spreader will come under tools... I click on this and etc etc... over my farm... and It will grow faster and I get double coins and crops...

Must I do this just right after seeding, or is it enough to do it some other time before the crops are ready?

Thank you for try help a helpless norwegian

Greetings, Siv

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...00638farm_ix=1

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...00638farm_ix=3

Just come and visit my farms - changes as my mind change... mybe every week or so
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Aug 19 2010, 03:11 AM

Hi Siv
The spreader does not come under Tools the same way as our sickle and tree shaker etc do. It behaves like our Big Seeders do and needs to be moved to each farm to be used, but only needs to have that happen once every 3 days per farm - just one click per farm too! Great stuff.

The tools tab referred to is the one in the store whether you go to buy the Spreader.

As I understand it, any crop that is already sewn at the time of fertilising and every crop sewn in that 3 day time span is fertilised as well.

So, if you have a farm full of coffee due to be harvested tomorrow, and you fertilise it tonight - it will harvest double.

I am not 100% sure yet though about the reverse, where a crop is due for harvest tomorrow but our fertiliser runs out tonight. I *think* that it remains at its fertilised value, but stand corrected if that is incorrect.
Phorest Pharm
Cedar Phorest
Phunny Pharm
Phertile Phields
Phar Owt
Absolutely Phabulous

Pharming phrantically since May 18, 2010 after a break away over the summer.
Old Aug 19 2010, 03:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SivNorway View Post
thank you.
I dont understand all of it, but I will try - and see what happened.

If I understand right, I must have a pigsty and pigs, and the spreader will come under tools... I click on this and etc etc... over my farm... and It will grow faster and I get double coins and crops...

Must I do this just right after seeding, or is it enough to do it some other time before the crops are ready?

Thank you for try help a helpless norwegian

Greetings, Siv
Hello once more Siv

Yes the spreader is purchased in the tools section of the store. Unfortunately it does cost FarmCash although I think it is worth every cent I have spent on this tool.

This tool (Manure Spreader) can be used on all your farms but you will need to move it from farm to farm. The Manure Spreader comes with enough fertilizer for 5 farms so that you can use it straight after you have made a purchase. Harvesting the pigs with a pigsty will fill up the spreader with new fertilizer.

Fertilizer does not work on crops that are ready to harvest. You put it on crops that are growing.

The fertilizer will last for 3 days. You can replant the same areas (raspberries, purple grapes etc over and over) and the fertilizer will still stay active until the end of 3 days.

I hope that you are able to understand what I am trying to say.

Farm Town player since July 12, 2009

In real life, a true blue farmer!

Last edited by Mrs Borgies; Aug 19 2010 at 03:25 AM.
Old Aug 19 2010, 03:23 AM

Default under buildings :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydbynitesangel View Post
Thanks all for the great additions to the buildings and decorations however, when can we expect another farm??? I've got so much in coins and would love to have a 6th farm so I can really farm. The facilities take so much room on the farms that I'm running out of fields to actually farm.
btw, you can plant under the facilities & buildings. turn them off then refresh. you should be able to plow under them then plant.
Old Aug 19 2010, 03:45 AM

If the new sandwhich and juice factory will not stay the same when i change them why bother? every time i switch to the new style and close my game they come back as the old ones when i return.
Old Aug 19 2010, 03:48 AM

Raul Thank you Thank you...

For all that has wondered about the manure spreader...OMG I love it and is well worth the cost